• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

Something I have been mulling for some years. Consider that with reasonable exegesis The Rapture and The Second Coming should have happened in the first Century {but APPARENTLY did not} the possibility that the so-called "The Rapture" is:

1. Not a one time event {i.e. multiple raptures/harvests of the wheat.}

2. If a one-time event, its thickness in time may be...

Factor in also the fourth dimension being time and <Daniel 7:25 and 2:21> and times/time/dividing of time not necessarily simply equal to 2/1/one half years and <2Thess 2:9-11>. and...

I have mentioned before:there is [to me] something "obviously" wrong with 1970 plus years since "we who are alive and remain/draweth nigh/at hand/quite a few others". Which "side" of "The Rapture" are we on? Enough said for now. Peace.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Mathetes,

What you are considering is WHY the "gap" somewhere around the 70th week of Daniel. You may consider that the reason for this is to allow TIME for the gentile nations to hear of and come to the saving grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Many hold that the "gap" takes place between the 69th and 70th week, whereas I and a few others, believe that the "gap" took place beginning in the middle of the 70th week. The GAP then being for the GENTILES.

I see the 70th week as the time of ministry of Jesus Christ to restore Israel to "righteousness with God". He spent the first 3 1/2 years ministering to the "lost sheep of Israel". It is mainly in the LAST 3 1/2 years of the 70th week which HE, THROUGH US BELIEVERS will finish the job and that takes place immediately prior to the Lord's coming or during the Great Tribulation.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Greetings Mathetes,

What you are considering is WHY the "gap" somewhere around the 70th week of Daniel. You may consider that the reason for this is to allow TIME for the gentile nations to hear of and come to the saving grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Many hold that the "gap" takes place between the 69th and 70th week, whereas I and a few others, believe that the "gap" took place beginning in the middle of the 70th week. The GAP then being for the GENTILES.

I see the 70th week as the time of ministry of Jesus Christ to restore Israel to "righteousness with God". He spent the first 3 1/2 years ministering to the "lost sheep of Israel". It is mainly in the LAST 3 1/2 years of the 70th week which HE, THROUGH US BELIEVERS will finish the job and that takes place immediately prior to the Lord's coming or during the Great Tribulation.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Just again thinking about what you helpfully called "the gap" of 1970 or so years.

Also thinking about Jesus Christ saying "this generation"<Matthew 24:34;Mark 13:30; Luke 21:32>. Have read many many commentaries on that. What did Jesus Christ mean? To me, He meant "this generation" to apply to those He was speaking to, not some 1970 years or greater in the future. Isaac Asimov's commentary on the Bible, for example, proves Jesus Christ was a false prophet on this account. The web site JCnot4me.com-take a look. I had a few emails back and forth with author. He has 52 translations of "this generation" and much scholarship. Believe he used to be a Christian and now hates Jesus Christ/Christianity. Believe he deserves a scholarly hearing and scholarly answer. Waving our hands and saying things like Jesus meant "this generation that sees Israel become a nation will not pass away" [Hal Linksey, Edgar Whisenant, Trinity Broadcasting Network, Colin Deal,others] do not address the problem. I love them {by command:we must agape one another} even though following their logic ended up causing me and others great trauma.

I take The Word of God from <Genesis 1:1 through Revelation 21:21> as THE TRUTH, every word, The Word of God. Every word to be priceless and cherished. If everyone says it is not, then everyone is wrong. If anyone says the disciples and apostles and The Son of God Jesus Christ Himself really thought/wanted The Rapture/Second Coming to happen in "this generation" but couldn't make it happen. Well-meaning but not The Messiah. I am rereading "The End of Days"-Judaism. Christianity, Islam:something like in one of Gershom Gorenberg's paragraphs:each of these believe that The Messiah from each of the other ones is the antichrist. Obviously both Israel and Islam are getting blown up for these beliefs. Islamists [seemingly] couldn't believe more that Jesus Christ was/is not The Son of God and that Jews/Christians Jewish Bible/Christian Bible are corrupt. That Jews/Christians are the infidels to be destroyed. No intellectual pondering:Satan revealed.

Those who teach that the disciples/apostles "thought" things like "the coming of the Lord draweth nigh" <James 5:8> but were mistaken:then, logically, NOTHING else they wrote is anything other thnn "thought". To me, throw The Holy Bible away.

Just reread <Revelation 22:7,10,12,20>:

"Behold, I come quickly...the time is at hand...behold, I come quickly...Surely I come quickly"

Madeleine L"Engle's "A Wrinkle in Time" and Star Trek/The Next Generation's "Remember Me" episode:to me, clues.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Mathetes,

Since about 1975, I have inundated myself with research into Eschatology. I too, know there are a gazillion opinions from even reknowned Christian scholars who differ on the interpretation of the scriptures. All that does to me is serve to show that it is I, that must seek the TRUTH and to quit listening to man. If you have not reached that point yet, then you still have far to go. In ALL study of the scriptures, it is MOST imperative that you are guided by the Holy Spirit. It is also MOST important to lean not unto your own understanding, but by carefully comparing scripture with scripture (the spiritual with the spiritual), you will become "enlightened", not by what man says, but what God says.

When I have found such souls as do do this, my spirit leaps inside me, for I can discuss and share the Word of God with them as if I was speaking to myself. We are ONE in the Spirit, ONE in the Lord.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  09/16/1955

I hope these verses give insight into some of the events of the end times:

...These were redeemed from

among men,

Greetings Mathetes,

Since about 1975, I have inundated myself with research into Eschatology. I too, know there are a gazillion opinions from even reknowned Christian scholars who differ on the interpretation of the scriptures. All that does to me is serve to show that it is I, that must seek the TRUTH and to quit listening to man. If you have not reached that point yet, then you still have far to go. In ALL study of the scriptures, it is MOST imperative that you are guided by the Holy Spirit. It is also MOST important to lean not unto your own understanding, but by carefully comparing scripture with scripture (the spiritual with the spiritual), you will become "enlightened", not by what man says, but what God says.

When I have found such souls as do do this, my spirit leaps inside me, for I can discuss and share the Word of God with them as if I was speaking to myself. We are ONE in the Spirit, ONE in the Lord.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Hope you know by now to me:"...let God be true, but every man a liar..."<Romans 3:4> applies to everyone. You, me, everyone.

Hopefully you have looked into all my prior post suggested, including JCnot4me.com To me, saying there is a "gap" of 1970 years plus between the First Century and those Scriptures I gave [there are others] and waving your hands {don't mean you specifically-anyone} with <Daniel 9:27> and the coming Peace Treaty is OBVIOUSLY sound exegesis and those who think otherwise are clearly not dividing the Word of Truth:

Let me tell you and everyone:DON'T EVEN TRY.

God [won't define exactly what I mean more than that] told me in 1992 after the approximately 18 month full-time Good vs Evil study i have mentioned:

"Tell them you've been to Hell and back." Quote and endquote.

This was in response to my question to God as to whether I should keep quiet about all that happened {including dying:told a senior priest who asked:"Did you stop breathing, did your heart stop?": "More than that"}

So. JCnot4me.com does definitely not {my definition} suffer fools or hand-waving or proof by assertion/intimidation/derision/etc. bulls---. Hopefully, my days of doing that are over with.

My prior post packed a lot into it, and so far has not been addressed.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  557
  • Birthday:  09/21/1976

The scriptures plainly show Christ will come with His angels, when the perfect man is established.

In Rev 19:10 it is revealed that the bride has the testimony of Jesus, and again in Rev 19:14 the armies which were in heaven (read it, in heaven!) followed him upon white horses, (made clean and white) where are they going you might ask?

Hello John3;16

If i might ask. Where is the first church right now? Are they sleeping in the dust of the earth or are they in heaven?

In CHRIST JESUS :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: