The Church in Syria, and its Christian heritage

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  901
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

As Christians, we should boycott any country that is on that map.

There are Christians in many - or possibly all - countries. There are many Christians who have jobs ..for example who work for companies etc. In some places there are sometimes even Christians who own a company / business. If Christians in other countries were to boycott all the companies / businesses in all the countries ..they might end up inadvertantly boycotting businesses owned by fellow Christians...or where some of the workers / employees are Christians. i.e. Christians might also be affected by a boycott.

Just some thoughts.

Thanks.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357
My comments are about the nastiness and bigotry of those attacking the Christians in the Middle East, and comments about the dismissal of the faith of millions were about the comments made by Shiloh about Arab and other Christians in the Middle East Christians.

I am not dismissing anyone's faith, if they have it. There are Christians in churches in the America that are Christian in name only who go through the motions but rely on their church attendence or having been born in a Christian family to make them Christian. I am not saying any that has not been said about Christians in America.

The "state approved" churches in the Middle East are Muslim puppets. They present a Christianity that is impotent and lifeless. It is service of external rites and formalism but they toe the line in terms of what the governmental powers will allow. In Islamic countries, even talking about the Bible in public is enough to get you thrown into prison.

I am not saying that they have no faith. I am saying that they don't get it from the "Christianity" that is regulated by Islamic governments. Many of these people probably also belong to the authentic church that has to stay underground. But just in America there is likely far more who simply go through the motions and are only Christians in a nominal sense.

In my opinion, the Christians of the Middle East face enough problems without this sort of defamation. Do you find them comments acceptable?

In My Opinion

Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few. Ecclesiastes 5:2

The Heart Cries Out

Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body. Hebrews 13:3

For Believers Under Persecution

Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 2 Timothy 3:15

And For Their

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. Matthew 5:44-45

Enemies

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father. And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. 1 John 2:22-26

Too

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

_________

______

___

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

Amor -

How do you account for the persecution against Christians in Muslim countries?

The nastiness and bigotry of their enemies.

You would justify the actions of the Muslims as a reaction?

Whose "enemy's" fault is the pending death of the pastor in Iran?

I cannot believe your hatred for the Bretheren????

To Clarify

My comments are about the nastiness and bigotry of those attacking the Christians in the Middle East, and comments about the dismissal of the faith of millions were about the comments made by Shiloh about Arab and other Christians in the Middle East Christians. I think that should have been clear from the context of my posts.

No, it wasn't clear.

Question: How do you account for the persecution against Christians in Muslim countries?"

Answer: "The nastiness and bigotry of their enemies."

It sounded to me as if you were saying the Muslims are persecuting Christians in reaction to "the nastiness and bigotry of their [the Muslims'] enemies."

So, you really meant the Christians are being persecuted because of "the nastiness and bigotry of their [the Christians'] enemies [the Muslims]."?

In that case, I do heartily apologize for misunderstanding your statement and falsely accusing you.

Will you forgive me?

Of course I forgive you!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

:emot-handshake:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Muslim Syria Full of Christian History

By George Thomas

CBN News Sr. ReporterSaturday, August 20, 2011

The image of Christians sharing their faith in a Muslim-dominated country may come as a surprise to some, but Christianity has actually had its roots in Syria since early in the first century.

Following his conversion on the road to Damascus, Paul established the first organized Christian church at Antioch in ancient Syria.

John the Baptist's head is said to be located in Syria's Omayyad mosque, which was a church at one time. And up the road from the mosque is the Chapel of Ananias, where locals say the Lord used Ananias to cure Paul's blindness.

"This is the place where the apostle Paul received his calling to share the gospel across the Roman world," a Syrian pastor said. "Today, Christians have the freedom to worship openly here. And we are proclaiming the name of Jesus Christ everywhere in Syria."

Christians make up 10 percent of the Syrian population. The majority are Muslims. Most of the Christians live in the cities of Damascus, Aleppo, Hamah and Latakia.

<snip>

"The church today in Syria is living in its Golden Age. We see a hunger for God among the youth. And many families are expressing openness to the message of Christ," he explained. "The church is also moving in freedom."

Full report

Wonderful to hear these news.