IGNORED

Degree of SIn? OPINION question.

Waiting2BwithHim

Guest shiloh357

As you noticed I capitalized the word opinion.

I did with good reason. I want to stress the point that replies are your personal opinions and not fact from the Bible.

I tried posting this at other forums and I either had gotten the same answer that sin is sin. (which I know)

Or I had started some small debates which led me to not any answer that I was trying to find out.

So I'm going to try it again here by phrasing this differently.

(Please keep in mind that I just want YOUR OPINION) I don't want any biblical scriptures because it is going to be that sin is sin.

Basically do you believe that there are some sins that would be considered to be worse then others in the eyes of God.

Example being that Murder is to be worse then stealing ...

Now what about other sins? Which ones and where do they rank in you OPINION? :noidea:

I guess I fail to understand why you want to talk about a biblical subject but leave out what the Bible has to say on the issue. Do you have a problem with biblical fact on the issue? I mean if you have biblical fact and you know what the Bible says on the matter, what value does opinion have next to that?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

I did with good reason. I want to stress the point that replies are your personal opinions and not fact from the Bible.

I tried posting this at other forums and I either had gotten the same answer that sin is sin. (which I know)

Or I had started some small debates which led me to not any answer that I was trying to find out.

(Please keep in mind that I just want YOUR OPINION) I don't want any biblical scriptures because it is going to be that sin is sin.

Basically do you believe that there are some sins that would be considered to be worse then others in the eyes of God.

Now what about other sins? Which ones and where do they rank in you OPINION? :noidea:

I guess I fail to understand why you want to talk about a biblical subject but leave out what the Bible has to say on the issue. Do you have a problem with biblical fact on the issue? I mean if you have biblical fact and you know what the Bible says on the matter, what value does opinion have next to that?

Agreed Shiloh, when we focus our opinions of what sin is greater, we can usher in the spirit of self righteousness and judgement, "well so and so sins are worse than mine"

We need to concentrate on what God says about sin, and keep our own lives clean and pure

Guest shiloh357

Agreed Shiloh, when we focus our opinions of what sin is greater, we can usher in the spirit of self righteousness and judgement, "well so and so sins are worse than mine"

We need to concentrate on what God says about sin, and keep our own lives clean and pure

Good point, Stacey

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  248
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  373
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  09/10/1963

Thanks all so far we have great answers that I really appreciate..

But may I ask what if this sin was an addiction? What would happen if no matter how hard you try to rid yourself of this addiction

if though you keep trying to rid of it that you just can't? You just keep stumbling but you are very sorry that it just keeps happening.

And this may lead to another subject within this one but it may change the way someone would answer :noidea:

But what if these addictions are something that effects you psychologically? Does this change anything?

Guest shiloh357

But may I ask what if this sin was an addiction? What would happen if no matter how hard you try to rid yourself of this addiction

if though you keep trying to rid of it that you just can't? You just keep stumbling but you are very sorry that it just keeps happening.

And this may lead to another subject within this one but it may change the way someone would answer :noidea:

But what if these addictions are something that effects you psychologically? Does this change anything?

Well, that's just it. YOU can't. It can only dealt with effectively with the Word of God and the power of the Holy Spirit. Jesus modeled how we are to deal with sin and temptation and he used the Word of God. We cannot deal with sin in our own strength.

Why would this scenerio change anyone's answer? It only reaffirms that God's Word is the only way to look at sin.

The Word tells us that "He who started this work will finish it...." no matter the sin, addiction, situation, ect..... you lay it at His feet . Let go and let God

When you feel the need for this addiction rising up in you PRAY and PRAY and PRAY sme more. Concentrate on His Word and the power of the Holy Spirit to bring you thru whatever is holding onto you. His power breaks all yokes!

Blessings stacey c

• Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

My Opinion: Sin = Death! As in being really DEAD and as far as I know there is no degrees in being really DEAD.

ICL Dennis

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  345
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  4

I am sorry to say but I strongly disagree with Shiloh, Stacey and Dennis on their Biblical views. .

Please let me ask. On the day you have accepted Jesus until now have you sinned? I am sure we all have. The Bible says if any man says that He does not sin we are lying. So then who can say to God even now? Lord when I accepted Jesus I no longer sinned.

Now you see however you can go to Church next week and say. Well last week you know I killed 3 people. I just got upset that day. I was having a bad day you know. But I accepted Jesus a few years ago. And I am covered by the Grace of Jesus who covers all my Sins ‘and has washed them away so it does not matter if I killed 3 people last week. I mean there is no severity in sin. Tomorrow I’m going to take my cat and I am going to sacrifice my cat in the fireplace. Because you know there is no severity in sin. Jesus can still save me yet.

Do you really think a person doing these kinds of sins is going to enter the Kingdom of Heaven? If Jesus saves all sins you believe that a person can be a Christian and do such things like this?

Well I strongly disagree on that. There is severity of Sin. Jesus said to Pilate. Their sin is “Greater “than yours’ how can Jesus say to Pilate their Sin is Greater if there was no severity in sin? Why did Jesus say this to Pilate? Pilate had to hand Jesus over as being a ruler by law. But it was the people whom condemned Jesus for believing Jesus blasphemed against God. Pilate by law had to listen to the crowd. Therefore their sin was greater than of Pilates.

To this day we all still to some degree still sin. But our degree is not of that before we were saved. We still need to confess to God our sins in what we have done. If we don’t then we are being self righteous thinking. Now because we have grace we owe God no more answers to the things we do say or think. Jesus can discern our sins in severity to the ones we do today compared to the ones we did before following Jesus. The Bible says anything that is not of Faith is sin. There are times in life we get scared and we may not have faith in God at that time. That is a sin and we say to God. Lord I confess that I did not believe you were going to be there with me. I failed in Faith.

Is this the same as saying? Lord I just messed up today. I got mad at my baby and I took the baby and threw the baby in a hot pot of water. Ooops Lord I goofed just a little sin no severity right Lord? My child won’t go to school so I slapped my child in the face or I will see my child did not go to school so I took a knife and I stabbed my child in the hand. And I stabbed him several times that he may learn. . Please tell me if there are no severity issues in these things. You think no difference in these sins that all Grace will cover anything even when you say I now follow Jesus. I can do any sin I want because I know that no one can completely rid of all sins. There is no difference in any sin whatsoever. I will kill. I will steal and I will lie and I will follow Jesus and I will read the Bible also and God will say Good servant. You read the Bible. You accepted Jesus. You kept killing people, you kept stealing and you kept lying but the Grace of Jesus were upon you. Your sins were taken lightly because after you were born again no longer was there any difference of any sin.

I am sorry to say but I strongly disagree with Shiloh, Stacey and Dennis on their Biblical views. .

Please let me ask. On the day you have accepted Jesus until now have you sinned? I am sure we all have. The Bible says if any man says that He does not sin we are lying. So then who can say to God even now? Lord when I accepted Jesus I no longer sinned.

Now you see however you can go to Church next week and say. Well last week you know I killed 3 people. I just got upset that day. I was having a bad day you know. But I accepted Jesus a few years ago. And I am covered by the Grace of Jesus who covers all my Sins ‘and has washed them away so it does not matter if I killed 3 people last week. I mean there is no severity in sin. Tomorrow I’m going to take my cat and I am going to sacrifice my cat in the fireplace. Because you know there is no severity in sin. Jesus can still save me yet.

Do you really think a person doing these kinds of sins is going to enter the Kingdom of Heaven? If Jesus saves all sins you believe that a person can be a Christian and do such things like this?

Well I strongly disagree on that. There is severity of Sin. Jesus said to Pilate. Their sin is “Greater “than yours’ how can Jesus say to Pilate their Sin is Greater if there was no severity in sin? Why did Jesus say this to Pilate? Pilate had to hand Jesus over as being a ruler by law. But it was the people whom condemned Jesus for believing Jesus blasphemed against God. Pilate by law had to listen to the crowd. Therefore their sin was greater than of Pilates.

To this day we all still to some degree still sin. But our degree is not of that before we were saved. We still need to confess to God our sins in what we have done. If we don’t then we are being self righteous thinking. Now because we have grace we owe God no more answers to the things we do say or think. Jesus can discern our sins in severity to the ones we do today compared to the ones we did before following Jesus. The Bible says anything that is not of Faith is sin. There are times in life we get scared and we may not have faith in God at that time. That is a sin and we say to God. Lord I confess that I did not believe you were going to be there with me. I failed in Faith.

Is this the same as saying? Lord I just messed up today. I got mad at my baby and I took the baby and threw the baby in a hot pot of water. Ooops Lord I goofed just a little sin no severity right Lord? My child won’t go to school so I slapped my child in the face or I will see my child did not go to school so I took a knife and I stabbed my child in the hand. And I stabbed him several times that he may learn. . Please tell me if there are no severity issues in these things. You think no difference in these sins that all Grace will cover anything even when you say I now follow Jesus. I can do any sin I want because I know that no one can completely rid of all sins. There is no difference in any sin whatsoever. I will kill. I will steal and I will lie and I will follow Jesus and I will read the Bible also and God will say Good servant. You read the Bible. You accepted Jesus. You kept killing people, you kept stealing and you kept lying but the Grace of Jesus were upon you. Your sins were taken lightly because after you were born again no longer was there any difference of any sin.

In the eyes of the laws yes you listed very serious crimes and sins that the law will punish according to the severity of the crime, but in the eyes of God, can He and does He forgive even the murderer, the theif, the rapist, the child abuser, the prostitute, the drug addict, the adultuor, the fornicator......ect...ect.....

If they come to Him with a pure, contrite heart

And confess their sins? It's a big resounding yes.

Mark 3:28 &29 "Verily I say ubto you, ALL sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemieswherewith soever they shall blaspheme"

"But he that shall blaspheme the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation."

• Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

Hi Friend, I answered the question without the Truth which is Jesus Christ, as the poster requested.

Please keep in mind that I just want YOUR OPINION) I don't want any biblical scriptures because it is going to be that sin is sin.

So by injecting our Lord into your disagreement with my answer, you are by default, not really disagreeing with me.

My understanding of the WORD tells me NO SIN, but (one) is unforgivable, and ALL sin leads to Death. Jesus Himself "stated every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men."The only sin which is unforgivable is blasphemy against the Spirit.

Your argument is assuming the false repentance of the sinner is not know to our Lord Jesus Christ, who, knows the heart of all men and women. So a man or women who truly confesses their sin, and repents form their past way of thinking and acting will be forgiven.

To further my point of view of sin, I quote Paul's word, "just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned—

air-go, sin=death.....

In Christian Love Dennis

PS. What are you not sharing with this forum? I sensed a personal side to this the first time a read it.You can PM me if you do not want to say over the open net.