Isaiah 6:8

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I agree it is an assumption people bartered/traded... So if there was not a way to barter/trade how do you propose things were run?

Well the garden was tree to mouth... then expulsion... Then flood no mention of riches then eight people and their generations.

So... How do you propose all those generations traded items or acquired different things? Curious.

With no biblical backing, I would suggest the value was determined on the need. If I needed a bowl, and you had five, you would consider the value of your bowl less then I would, unless you knew my need. I imagine shrewd bargaining was part of the time, not letting the other person know your needs when trading.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,247
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I wrote out a long winded post concerning why money itself is evil only to come to the conclusion that nothing in and of itself within the creation is evil except the entities that have the ability to choose to place themselves before God and act contrary to his character in any given situation or circumstance.

Just as Adam and Eve mistakenly perceived their nakedness to be evil and sought to cover up that which they perceived to be evil when the evil was inside of them, money and the need for it is basically an attempt to work around the evil within each and every one of us. When evil is put away gold will no longer be currency but pavement and so it is that the need for something to be considered to have personal value unto me that more important to me than your needs being met is where the evil lies.

1Cr 13:4 Charity (love) suffereth long, [and] is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

1Cr 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

In a people ruled by love there is no need for money. In a people ruled by law money is a ready answer.

Mat 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

God is Love.

Who do we serve? Love or Money? We cannot serve both.

Yes and if its love we will not have a stock pile of money because this is a needy place!

The highest value the world sees is money/riches... yet God speaks of a greater value 'Himself' and if we die to

ourselves and this world-> it is easily seen. For the bulk of our existence lies in the eternity and I will to spend that

with The Lord! Love, Steven

I agree it is an assumption people bartered/traded... So if there was not a way to barter/trade how do you propose things were run?

Well the garden was tree to mouth... then expulsion... Then flood no mention of riches then eight people and their generations.

So... How do you propose all those generations traded items or acquired different things? Curious.

With no biblical backing, I would suggest the value was determined on the need. If I needed a bowl, and you had five, you would consider the value of your bowl less then I would, unless you knew my need. I imagine shrewd bargaining was part of the time, not letting the other person know your needs when trading.

I believe there were two groups... the first was simple and they realized that without sustenance and protection from elements all else was mute.

the second group were moved by fallen sensual lust and importance would have been what ever particular itch was at that time... thus there was a Godly

line and an ungodly line!

For all who have been a little confused by responses as money being evil... all have said it is metal and paper and the love of it is evil!

That is obvious as God created all things and pronounced them good! But were not talking about metal and paper are we we talking of

an organized system of spiritual wickedness called money... and you cannot separate the system from the created metal and paper.

Or else God would not have said this-

Mt 13:22

22 Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word,

and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word,

and he becomes unfruitful.

NKJV

which indicates you cannot have riches and not have the deceitfulness that accompanies them in the system from which designed the

concept that metal is of some value to life as God has taught us... Love, Steven

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Again, where is the Biblical backing for this?

Well the study now must go to spiritual Babylon in prophecy:

Rev 17, 18, 19 noting the descriptives of 'Babylon The Great' which is an anti-christ system of

world domination and behold precious metal and gems as riches. Now the question remains why does

God bring in this reference to 'Babylon the great' when the actual city is no more? God permits us

to view a demonstration of this type of His Reasoning in the King of Tyre Ezk 28...One the earthly king

the other a picture of satan whereby like patterns can be seen! I believe by Scripture to be able to apply

backwards as God has applied forwards this 'babylon the great'. Love, Steven

Sorry, a bit of a stretch at best IMO.

God bless,

GE

I wrote out a long winded post concerning why money itself is evil only to come to the conclusion that nothing in and of itself within the creation is evil except the entities that have the ability to choose to place themselves before God and act contrary to his character in any given situation or circumstance.

Just as Adam and Eve mistakenly perceived their nakedness to be evil and sought to cover up that which they perceived to be evil when the evil was inside of them, money and the need for it is basically an attempt to work around the evil within each and every one of us. When evil is put away gold will no longer be currency but pavement and so it is that the need for something to be considered to have personal value unto me that more important to me than your needs being met is where the evil lies.

1Cr 13:4 Charity (love) suffereth long, [and] is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

1Cr 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

In a people ruled by love there is no need for money. In a people ruled by law money is a ready answer.

Mat 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

God is Love.

If we are blessed with hard work, success, and give to the Lord's work... Are we serving money? Or are we being instruments in God's hand for a blessing to others?

God bless,

GE

For all who have been a little confused by responses as money being evil... all have said it is metal and paper and the love of it is evil!

That is obvious as God created all things and pronounced them good! But were not talking about metal and paper are we we talking of

an organized system of spiritual wickedness called money... and you cannot separate the system from the created metal and paper.

NKJV

which indicates you cannot have riches and not have the deceitfulness that accompanies them in the system from which designed the

concept that metal is of some value to life as God has taught us... Love, Steven

So basically anyone who has money (Christian or not) is wicked? :noidea:

NKJV

So basically anyone who has money (Christian or not) is wicked? :noidea:

Won't we all be in need of His Life over our own in the end? Love, Steven

Again, where is the Biblical backing for this?

Well the study now must go to spiritual Babylon in prophecy:

Rev 17, 18, 19 noting the descriptives of 'Babylon The Great' which is an anti-christ system of

world domination and behold precious metal and gems as riches. Now the question remains why does

God bring in this reference to 'Babylon the great' when the actual city is no more? God permits us

to view a demonstration of this type of His Reasoning in the King of Tyre Ezk 28...One the earthly king

the other a picture of satan whereby like patterns can be seen! I believe by Scripture to be able to apply

backwards as God has applied forwards this 'Babylon the great'. Love, Steven

Sorry, a bit of a stretch at best IMO.

God bless,

GE

Let me show you the whole stretch of it:

The dispersal from Noah to a central place of influence is seen in Babel/Babylon... then God scatterers abroad.

We see the concept of precious metals and gems a world wide acceptance all the way through Rev 17-20.

Then we see the destruction of that system by God and telling us that He will not use it Himself in the eternities-

Isa 55:1-3

55 "Ho! Everyone who thirsts,

Come to the waters;

And you who have no money,

Come, buy and eat.

Yes, come, buy wine and milk

Without money and without price.

2 Why do you spend money for what is not bread,

And your wages for what does not satisfy?

Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good,

And let your soul delight itself in abundance.

3 Incline your ear, and come to Me.

Hear, and your soul shall live;

And I will make an everlasting covenant with you —

The sure mercies of David.

NKJV

I think in a side note the impression upon us that think a system outside of money is

impossible is the deceitfulness of the riches themselves... Love, Steven

God is Love.

If we are blessed with hard work, success, and give to the Lord's work... Are we serving money? Or are we being instruments in God's hand for a blessing to others?

God bless,

GE

If we keep excess are we not presuming upon God that our lives will continue into tomorrow when God has clearly said to us

Mt 6:19-21

19 "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal;

20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break

in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

NKJV

and if we realize the system here is not there and yet we can utilize the stuff now, in obedience to His Word, to transform into eternal keeping... why

would we be found with the excess of the worthless? Unless we are deceived by it and proving deceitfulness is truly within it! Love, Steven