• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Excellent point in the OP, as the church is asleep. They need to awake to righteousness and sin not. They need to come to the realization that God our Father does not see them as he sees Jesus unless they are walking as Jesus walked and therefore can have boldness in the day of judgment. They need to realize that they are poor, blind, wretched and miserable and need to buy gold of him that has been tried in the fire.

I too was asleep in the church. I showed up every Wednesday and twice on Sunday, sang (lies) in choir, put my 10% in the plate, comforted all of my brothers who were living in sin waiting for the promise of imputed righteousness through mental assent to the truth, but God who loved me shook me and woke me up. He told me that Jesus will be coming down from the Holy Mountain soon and is going to destroy the golden calf that many have replaced him with in their hearts along with those worshiping it.

Today I am awake, alert and watching, while spreading the word to anyone who will listen. It doesn't make you many friends. Especially not in Christian circles.

Gary

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/20/1956

Wow! Lots of good input! Every once in a while I read Revelation Chapters 2 - 3 to hear what Jesus says and feels about the church. Heavy words from Jesus Christ, addressed to seven churches, but actually addressed to me. The one phrase that really touches my heart is, "He that has ears, let him hear what the Spirit is saying to the churches!" Maybe the answer is to pray for all the church that we would hear what the Spirit is saying and begin to take action steps to implement what He wants...

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Check Revelation Chapters 2 & 3 and note the continuing need to repent!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

Before i write anything, i would like to say that i write this as a man (who is limited in understanding). I look around and i say to myself; If i was God i would not be pleased with this world and i would be angry at the church for her neglect of duty for her attitude toward the matters of my heart - the Lost sheep of Israel. The church is asleep, i dear say, that the church of God has lost her place in the world. The church of Christ has become a last resort for the world while it is to be the place of refuge for the world. The church should be a place of encounter for the world but it seems to be a place of rest where immorality is the order of the day. yes i know that at this end time things like this are bound to happen but to be sincere with you, i am not pleased with the church. And i just pray that God will help us, because if i was God, it would be hard for anyone to make heaven, but then again, i am not God and God has infinite mercy not like me. If i was God, i would not even make heaven, therefore i say to my fellow Christian Brothers and sisters, watch, pray and awake from your slumber.

This is why we must not only seek God's will, but live it. thumbsup.gif