• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,634
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/18/1961

I use to asks my self that question a lot in the past. In fact I use to cry my self to sleep asking that very question. Why did that happen to me? Why me? Why....Why....Why? It was only when I stopped asking why and looked back at my life that I began to understand. Every single eposide in my life, may it be good or bad as brought me to this point in my life. every single moment has played a big part in developing me into who God wants me to be right now in my life. There are so many things that I don't understand and maybe I will never understand, but I've learned that that's alright. I don't have to know. I just have to keep my faith and trust in the Lord.

God Bless You

Jacqueline

Amen!! :P

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Interesting replies. Would you wait 400 years for a pay check? When God gives someone a talent and a calling for something, and it is done in faith, what else is there to do?

People can give a lot of lip service, and quote scripture, but "faith without works, is dead". I'm thinking that if more Christians purchased goods made by other Christians, that would be "putting feet to their faith".

I'm the one building the guitars. Carly49 is my wife. I was led to do this by the Holy Spirit. They were designed and built to Praise The Lord Jesus Christ with! Yet we cannot get any "Christian" groups to buy them, and even our Church pastor (who plays an import guitar) hasn't bought one.

Has anyone ever told a bill collector, that they were "praying about it"? How far did that go? We are at the end here. I thought Jesus said: "ask my Father in My name, and it will be given freely to you". If I sat down hungry at the dinner table, waiting for supper, how long would I wait? How long would you wait? 400 years? If our Heavenly Father loves us, why are so many needs not being met. There seems to be an awful lot of un-answered prayer here. Has God fallen asleep? I seems to my mortal mind, that if God wants more people to Praise Him, and have faith, then He needs to step in and answer some prayers here!

As far as testing, we have been tested enough! We continued to persevere in faith, in spite of extreme difficulties! According to Scripture, God wants to bless us, not harm us. Would any of you like to join me in living in a car (in a church parking lot, yes the church knew I was there), and working two jobs, while not having enough to eat? Do you call that a blessing?

Let me tell you about Brandon.

Brandon grew up living a hard life. He had absolutely no idea who his dad was, and hardly knew his mother. The reason for this is his mother was a prostitute. Now, prostitutes bring home good money...unfortunately, they spend most of it on drugs. Thus Brandon grew up hardly having food on the table. He survived mostly on chips when they were around the house, and if he was lucky, his mom would bring home McDonalds. Living in this kind of enviroment, Brandon eventually gave into drug use as well. Sold out to all sorts of drugs, Brandon finally overdosed. In a hospital a man witnessed to him and he accepted Christ. I wish I could tell you from that point on Brandon's hopes were high and everything was taken care of. I wish I could say all of that, however, the world is a dark place. As soon as Brandon was released from the hospital and in his new found salvation, he was evicted from his house. Having no where to go, he lived on the streets for two years. Going from homeless shelter to homeless shelter, wondering why God would allow such a thing to happen. He got desperate and pleaded with God...until one night God gave him a revelation. God told Brandon that His love is all Brandon needed to survive, and that if Brandon would just trust God, no matter how scary it seemed, God would take care of him. Brandon did just that. Within one year Brandon got a place to stay, got his G.E.D., and got a vision from God.

Brandon will be graduating from Dallas Baptist University this year, and it has been my pleasure to know him. I don't know who he's left a bigger impact on, the University or the inner city and homeless youth he's worked with. You see Luthier, God wants us at our most desperate point...the thing is...we never know where that is. God knows our limitations and when we are most desperate, we don't. Don't become bitter at God or expect Him to answer your needs right away. Look in the Bible Luthier, He never shows up "on time" or even fufills peoples expectations. You are blessed in that He loves you and provides grace and mercy for you. Be happy and content in what you have...

My dad has been without a job for over a year. There have been times my parents have wondered where their next meal would come from...but you know what...the last year, since my dad decided not to worry, has been the happiest time in my parent's marriage. They've watched God work. Worrying about our next meal, our future state, or even current state, is arrogance. I'm saying this out of love, only because I've had so many of my friends, and myself included, in dire situations that "required" worrying. I myself have been to the point of being on anti-depressants. This does not defeat the point that worrying is nothing more than arrogance. It's assuming that God isn't in control and that He doesn't know your cries for help. God hears you and understands you...and He will act in His own time.

Pray to God and ask Him to give you the patience to get through this time of trouble, that's the only thing that will work. Don't worry about tomorrow...the Bible tells us to cast our cares upon Him and not to worry about what we will eat or wear...He takes care of the sparrows so how much more will He take care of those that love Him?

Oh, and btw, send me a link to your website......I have connections at Universities across Texas to where I could get your website out. I can't promise it'll get people to buy your guitars, but at least it's an attempt.

I'm adding this.......I've never been pressed by God to write out a prayer on a website before, but He's convicting me to do so, so here we go:

Lord i want to pray for luthier and his wife. Dad, they're going through so much difficulty right now that it's hard for them to see Your face. Daddy, the disciples could hardly make Your figure out in the storm and right now Luthier and his wife are having the same problem. The winds of life are sweeping them away and sinking their boat. Please Daddy calm the storms in their life and bring them Your peace. Wrap them in Your loving arms tonight Lord. I have watched you dispense Your grace to my friends and to me, even though i did not and still do not deserve it. Daddy, i ask that you let your grace fall on my brother and sister in Christ. Father I pray you bless their business and give them hope, an everlasting hope. Most of all Lord, I pray Your will be done. Amen.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

I'm the one building the guitars. Carly49 is my wife. I was led to do this by the Holy Spirit. They were designed and built to Praise The Lord Jesus Christ with! Yet we cannot get any "Christian" groups to buy them, and even our Church pastor (who plays an import guitar) hasn't bought one.

Hi Christian Luthier....I would also gently suggest that the Holy Spirit may well have directed you to make guitars to the glory of G-d ...but coupled with that you need wisdom and a stategy with which to most effectively get your guitars into the hands of Christian musicians....Moses was a great man of G-d but it took his Father-in-Law Jethro to point out to him an effective strategy whereby he might most effectively lead the Children of Israel.

Exodus 18:12 And Jethro, Moses' father in law, took a burnt offering and sacrifices for God: and Aaron came, and all the elders of Israel, to eat bread with Moses' father in law before God.

Exo 18:13 And it came to pass on the morrow, that Moses sat to judge the people: and the people stood by Moses from the morning unto the evening.

Exo 18:14 And when Moses' father in law saw all that he did to the people, he said, What is this thing that thou doest to the people? why sittest thou thyself alone, and all the people stand by thee from morning unto even?

Exo 18:15 And Moses said unto his father in law, Because the people come unto me to enquire of God:

Exo 18:16 When they have a matter, they come unto me; and I judge between one and another, and I do make them know the statutes of God, and his laws.

Exo 18:17 And Moses' father in law said unto him, The thing that thou doest is not good.

Exo 18:18 Thou wilt surely wear away, both thou, and this people that is with thee: for this thing is too heavy for thee; thou art not able to perform it thyself alone.

Exo 18:19 Hearken now unto my voice, I will give thee counsel, and God shall be with thee: Be thou for the people to God-ward, that thou mayest bring the causes unto God:

Exo 18:20 And thou shalt teach them ordinances and laws, and shalt shew them the way wherein they must walk, and the work that they must do.

Exo 18:21 Moreover thou shalt provide out of all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them, to be rulers of thousands, and rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens:

Exo 18:22 And let them judge the people at all seasons: and it shall be, that every great matter they shall bring unto thee, but every small matter they shall judge: so shall it be easier for thyself, and they shall bear the burden with thee.

Exo 18:23 If thou shalt do this thing, and God command thee so, then thou shalt be able to endure, and all this people shall also go to their place in peace.

Exo 18:24 So Moses hearkened to the voice of his father in law, and did all that he had said.

Exo 18:25 And Moses chose able men out of all Israel, and made them heads over the people, rulers of thousands, rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens.

Exo 18:26 And they judged the people at all seasons: the hard causes they brought unto Moses, but every small matter they judged themselves.

May the L-rd be a lamp to your feet and a light to your path...and in the midst of your very difficult times may you both :hug: find that He is your chief delight.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Christian Luthier, I hope you do get through your times of trouble. I apologize if I came off a little too strong on my last post, but just remember that God will be there for you. Throw your cares upon Him. I know that you are in a very difficult time in your life, and that it may be difficult to see it getting better. But things will get better for you and your family.

If you need any help regarding your website, feel free to contact me via PM.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1

Dear Christian Luthier,

This is just my opinion. You don't have to accept it if you dislike it. DISCLAIMER: I am not a christian.

I suggest you expand your marketing efforts to include non-christians as well. Marketing guitars through solely christian channels would limit your product's potential.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

Guest Christian Luthier

No apology needed. And I appreciate the help. Obviously I have very strong feelings about this issue. I have done volunteer work for ministries, and have built houses for Him (Habitat for Humanity), though I can no longer build houses. I have been around guitars for 44 years (playing, repairing, building), and felt the call of the Lord to start a worship band at our old church. The "Worship Leader", a sister of the pastor, wanted no part of it. She wanted to be the "star" of the "show". That's why that's my "old" church. She was under the impression, that we came to hear her (self grandizement), and not come to Worship The Lord Jesus Christ. She could sing very well, but she "played" guitar awful (though she thought she was great). It made me want to bring wire cutters, to cut the strings of her guitar! She wouldn't accept any advice given, or offers of help.

Good came out of it though. While she was "sawing away" at her guitar one Sunday, I grabbed a church publication, and read about the late John Wimber. In the article, he was talking about "why should the devil, have all the good music?", in his Vineyard approach to Worship music: Singing TO the Lord, as opposed to singing ABOUT Him. It made a strong impact on my heart. It was later that night, that The Lord spoke to me, and said: "I want you to build guitars, that are fit to Worship Me" (Exodus 31, came to mind). I was dumbfounded! I had no intention at that time to create a whole line of guitars. The Holy Spirit even went on to show me, how He wanted them to look and sound.

I worked essentially around the clock, to get that "sound" The Lord told me He wanted (I finally got "it" at 3:00 a.m. one morning, I even woke my wife up, bless her heart, I was so excited, and then she liked it too, and then she was excited). So, brothers and sisters, unless you've been in my shoes, and have designed and built stringed instruments, where everything that can go wrong, did go wrong, and still persevered, please don't talk to me about "tests". I don't believe The Lord "tests" us, as Jesus prayed against tests of any kind.

The devil doesn't want this business to succeed, as it was created to glorify Father God, and His Son, Jesus Christ. The devil was the worship leader in heaven. He knows about music and instruments. He knows the power of music (look what's it's doing to a lot of kids). Look at a lot of guitar websites. They have the devil's name and face all over them. That's the main reason I believe God wants instruments made with Christian hands to Worship Him. Not some cheap imports, made by young kids in "sweatshop" factories. That's the difference!

I've "ranted" long enough. Please excuse!

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

James 1:2-4

Guest Christian Luthier

Okay Super Jew, I'll be sure to pass that along to the tax collector, and the bill collectors as well. I'm certain that Scriptural quote will have a big impact on them. You don't seem to be getting the point. We are getting to the end here. We don't need to hear about "400 years" and all that. We will be dried up and dust by then, if The Lord taries. Wake up man!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Have you ever thought it could be a timing issue. The Lord has told my husband and I many things we will do and we got so excited and started persuing the "things" that He said we would do. Just because He says it will happen does not mean it will now. Joseph had a dream while he was young and it took many years for it to happen. The Lord speaks things to our heart and we have to trust Him to bring it to pass. Too many times we try to bring it to pass in our own time. Then when it didn't happen I would in my heart accuse God of being a liar. Now I never really said it out loud but I choose to walk in doubt instead of faith. I would begin to think maybe it won't happen. I never realized I was letting my life be ruled in doubt. I now have a deep confidence that God will do what He said He will do and I am no longer trying to make it happen. I take all the opportunities He brings in my path and know that they will lead to my destiny.

Just to touch on the story of Joseph. He was in prison for many years and the only thing that got him out was when there was a need for his gift. Too many times we try to make a place for our gifts. When our gifts are what will open the door. Someone once told me this, "You don't have to make a way for your gift, your gift will make a way for you." I say the same to you today. Joseph told the other prisoners don't forget about me when they did. If Joseph would of gotten out of prison sooner then his gift would not of taken him straight to the king. When the king was in need for his gift is when he then was released. We often think to small and think it needs to happen now, but the Lord may have us in a holding season because He disires to take us before a king. All His promises are yes and amen. He will complete His work but in His timing only because it is perfect.

Where is your faith? Do you think that God will let you slip away into nothing and let you die?

I just read a prayer request about a couple who lost their little baby.

I've worked with kids that literally grew up on the streets.

I've worked with kids that were crack babies.

Trust me, as bad as your situation is in your eyes, it could be worse. As bad as it is, you are still blessed.