IGNORED

Why God Why?

Guest Carly49

We have built a guitar website and opened it in FAITH last Feb. and have prayed and many, many others have prayed for us too, but we have had no business...We ask God why? when things are closing down around us...including losing our home...we ask God why?....It would be so simple for God to put some of the 3000 people that visited our website to order a guitar! These are not junk. The Bible says "when two or more agree upon anything upon this earth, it shall be given unto you"...I get some pension and do a few flower deliveries..but I can't go it alone much longer. The Bible also says "work hard and do not be lazy"...my husband works hard making beautiful looking and sounding guitars! Anybody know WHY God isn't responding?

:rolleyes:

Edited by Carly49

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

Israel cried out for 400 years under Pharoh before God answered. God waits until He knows we are in our most dire moment before responding. God rarely responds immediately, that way when He does respond, it's appreciated.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Hi Carly...Our faith is tested in many ways...and sometimes there are no easy answers...maybe some friendly advice from Christian business people might help...and some advertising in Christian magazines. Some years ago I nearly lost my house through poor business acumen and it tried my faith greatly...may G-d give you wisdom and the help and encouragement you need. :hug:

It has been my husband and my experience that when we look for God's blessing, it never seems to materialize, but when we go in faith, blessings occur. I believe God is looking out for you but not in the way you want it, but in the way He wants it. I believe you should have faith, maybe God will have your husbands talents succeed in another method. Just my thoughts for you. Good luck with your venture.

Kat

:rolleyes:

Guest CalvaryAloha

It has been my experience that when people are tested a lot more than others and have much harder times than others, that usually means God has something big planned for them in the future. As long as you remain faithful and it is God's will you should be coming out of your valley very soon. You never want something that is not God's will.

We have had our share of hard times and you must always remember that no one ever reaches a place in life where everything is perfect. You must be thankful for what you do have and appreciate your family and the things you do have. Only then will you see that your life is perfect even though your current situation might not be.

Blessings!

Guest Christian Luthier

Interesting replies. Would you wait 400 years for a pay check? When God gives someone a talent and a calling for something, and it is done in faith, what else is there to do?

People can give a lot of lip service, and quote scripture, but "faith without works, is dead". I'm thinking that if more Christians purchased goods made by other Christians, that would be "putting feet to their faith".

I'm the one building the guitars. Carly49 is my wife. I was led to do this by the Holy Spirit. They were designed and built to Praise The Lord Jesus Christ with! Yet we cannot get any "Christian" groups to buy them, and even our Church pastor (who plays an import guitar) hasn't bought one.

Has anyone ever told a bill collector, that they were "praying about it"? How far did that go? We are at the end here. I thought Jesus said: "ask my Father in My name, and it will be given freely to you". If I sat down hungry at the dinner table, waiting for supper, how long would I wait? How long would you wait? 400 years? If our Heavenly Father loves us, why are so many needs not being met. There seems to be an awful lot of un-answered prayer here. Has God fallen asleep? It seems to my mortal mind, that if God wants more people to Praise Him, and have faith, then He needs to step in and answer some prayers here!

As far as testing, we have been tested enough! We continued to persevere in faith, in spite of extreme difficulties! According to Scripture, God wants to bless us, not harm us. Would any of you like to join me in living in a car (in a church parking lot, yes the church knew I was there), and working two jobs, while not having enough to eat? Do you call that a blessing?

p.s. My wife started this topic without my knowledge, and later she told me. I decided to see what she wrote, and that brings me to here.

Edited by Christian Luthier

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Interesting replies. Would you wait 400 years for a pay check? When God gives someone a talent and a calling for something, and it is done in faith, what else is there to do?

People can give a lot of lip service, and quote scripture, but "faith without works, is dead". I'm thinking that if more Christians purchased goods made by other Christians, that would be "putting feet to their faith".

I'm the one building the guitars. Carly49 is my wife. I was led to do this by the Holy Spirit. They were designed and built to Praise The Lord Jesus Christ with! Yet we cannot get any "Christian" groups to buy them, and even our Church pastor (who plays an import guitar) hasn't bought one.

Has anyone ever told a bill collector, that they were "praying about it"? How far did that go? We are at the end here. I thought Jesus said: "ask my Father in My name, and it will be given freely to you". If I sat down hungry at the dinner table, waiting for supper, how long would I wait? How long would you wait? 400 years? If our Heavenly Father loves us, why are so many needs not being met. There seems to be an awful lot of un-answered prayer here. Has God fallen asleep?

No CL, He isn't asleep. He has listened to every prayer of help from your family. The Lord knows what He is doing. He has total control over your life. Just remember to trust the Lord, and He will show you what His plan is for you. Don't worry, your Christian guitar business will no doubt flourish in time, but one must be patient. God will see to it that your business does flourish, but just remember that God will decide when to do this. He has other important things to deal with in your life. Trust in Him, have faith in Him, and love Him always. The Lord will do whats best for you. You are assured of that. :P

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  1,634
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  01/18/1961

There seems to be an awful lot of un-answered prayer here. Has God fallen asleep? I seems to my mortal mind, that if God wants more people to Praise Him, and have faith, then He needs to step in and answer some prayers here!

Maybe He has answered your Prayer .. just not the way you would like Him to? I've found that His ways are not always mine ....If this business doesn't succeed , May be the door was never open for it to?

As a brother in Christ once told me refering to Paul and Silas when they were in Prison . The prison doors flew open .... What would we have done if we were in that situation? went out the doors?They Stayed and due to that , The Jailor was saved and his Family...... Sometimes the Lord opens doors but we may look at them in a diferent way Than He .. something to think about .

Love In Christ Yur Bro ... Chuck

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

I use to asks my self that question a lot in the past. In fact I use to cry my self to sleep asking that very question. Why did that happen to me? Why me? Why....Why....Why? It was only when I stopped asking why and looked back at my life that I began to understand. Every single eposide in my life, may it be good or bad as brought me to this point in my life. every single moment has played a big part in developing me into who God wants me to be right now in my life. There are so many things that I don't understand and maybe I will never understand, but I've learned that that's alright. I don't have to know. I just have to keep my faith and trust in the Lord.

God Bless You

Jacqueline