IGNORED

What is your "go to" scripture when you want comfort?

~candice~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Well the title says it all really. What scripture do you read when you just want quiet comfort. Not theology or debate or even answers, just comfort.

Thanks

Rev 5:11 Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne and the living creatures and the elders; and the number of them was myriads of myriads, and thousands of thousands, 12saying with a loud voice, “Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing.”

13And every created thing which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all things in them, I heard saying, “To Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, be blessing and honor and glory and dominion forever and ever.”

14And the four living creatures kept saying, “Amen.” And the elders fell down and worshiped.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

Psalm 91

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/19/1954

Zeph 3:17 "The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing."

Ps 113:3 "From the rising of the sun to the going down of the same, the Lord's name is to be praised."

Rom 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

Edited by glf

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

"Therefore I tell you, her sins which are many, are forgiven - for she loved much. Lk 7:47 This is powerful and truly hopeful, for the Bible is about love.

Oak

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

Most of the time for me, I rest in the following verses for comfort.

Joh 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Then

Eph 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—

Eph 2:9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Eph 2:10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Then

Rom 8:26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. for I am weak We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.

Rom 8:27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.

Rom 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Rom 8:29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

Rom 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?

Rom 8:36 As it is written: "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered."

Rom 8:37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.

Rom 8:38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,

Rom 8:39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I know a the first two sets by heart and most of the others as well.

Plus a couple of songs,

ICL Dennis

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

Psalm 91

What an awesome promise of God's protection! :thumbsup:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  78
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/12/1978

Psalm 18. It is a great reminder of who God is and what He will do for His children.