• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

Thank you Lord for the fleas! I have been reading in the bible to give thanks, to rejoice always! And i believe it is written so many times, it must be important, what a wonderful example to give that we don't see all things, only our Creator does! To give thanks for fleas, how great! I have been encouraged by this.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/06/1971

It isn't sinful to grieve. We are told to rejoice in all things because God knew it was the path to being able to stand up under anything this world would toss at us. It was a tool given to us by a very loving God. Emotions are also a gift He gave us. Though sometimes they may feel like more of a curse as the enemy tries to corrupt them and use them to control us. Grieving sure carries a lot of the emotions. Anger, hurt, sadness. When faced with death of a loved one the only comfort I found was in the hope of seeing him again. Yet being left behind is what I felt and it was very very painful. The unsaved is crushed under such loss. If we don't allow ourselves to feel grief how can we understand and reach for the unsaved one who is suffocating in their grief. They won't understand how to rejoice in their pain. Even as children of God we can struggle to rejoice in all things.

Well that's my 2 cents on the subject. Not sure I answered your question. Reading your post and sharing my thoughts helped me refocus from my own difficult situation.

God bless. :wub: May you find comfort through His Spirit during this time.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

Giving thanks for life's "fleas" was a great reminder and encouragement for me too. Who would ever think of blessings coming from an infestation of fleas! Only our God would come up with something like that. It gives new meaning to the verse in Romans that speaks of "ALL things working together for good," doesn't it?