IGNORED

ACORN Playing Behind Scenes Role in 'Occupy' Movement

nebula

Guest shiloh357

Really, what does all this arguing amount to? We go to bed at the end of the day, and the sun still rises in thew morning. Gravity still weighs us down and the news still fills our heads with worldly goodness. Then we discuss it some more to the point were we see fit to give our brothers and sisters new names, some not very becoming, and yet another day is spent voicing our opinions, while changing very little in the real world.

Does anybody know just how depressing this is? Where is my family in Christ? What does it all boil down to?

I used to be able to see the humor in things here, but now I just see a lot of opinions being strung about while the world wastes away.

So then why are you here while the world "wastes away?" What good are you doing sitting here criticizing us? If you don't like it you are invited to find another board with nicer people. We debate. You have been here long enough to know that and you have pariticipated in plenty of them. So you needn't visit your sanctimonious hypocrisy on us.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I used to be able to see the humor in things here, but now I just see a lot of opinions being strung about while the world wastes away.

Nothing here has changed, Geri. I personally never saw much humor in the political debates. If you aren't seeing humor, it's most likely because something has changed with you.

I don't say this in a condemning way, but as an observation.

Your whole post sounds as if coming from someone who is suffering depression - lifeless, hopeless, the world is blah.

"The world and its desires are passing away, but he who does the will of God abides forever."

Think you can spend a little time every day just focusing on the goodness of the Lord, and trusting that He is sovereign over all of this mess of the world?

We are all guilty of getting too lost in politics, so that isn't singling you out with this. But if your falling into depression with this, for your own sake you need to step back and re-align your spirit with the Lord's Spirit - faith, hope, and love. Then you can be the salt and light you desire to see on the Board.

But really, I am concerned that you are expressing symptoms of depression. I pray for your healing from this. :emot-hug:

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Really, what does all this arguing amount to? We go to bed at the end of the day, and the sun still rises in thew morning. Gravity still weighs us down and the news still fills our heads with worldly goodness. Then we discuss it some more to the point were we see fit to give our brothers and sisters new names, some not very becoming, and yet another day is spent voicing our opinions, while changing very little in the real world.

Does anybody know just how depressing this is? Where is my family in Christ? What does it all boil down to?

So then why are you here while the world "wastes away?" What good are you doing sitting here criticizing us? If you don't like it you are invited to find another board with nicer people. We debate. You have been here long enough to know that and you have pariticipated in plenty of them. So you needn't visit your sanctimonious hypocrisy on us.

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.