• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

One of the main tactics of the enemy is to confuse our identity in Christ. If we don’t know who we are, how can walk in the authority the Father have given us? When we don’t know who we are, we nurture a nature that was put to death on the cross. We end up with a twisted view of the work of Christ. Understanding who we are in Christ is crucial to walking the transformed life we receive from communion with Him.

We were in the image of God. God created us like Himself, but through the serpent’s craftiness, eve was deceived. She doubted Gods goodness and His truthfulness. Genesis 3:4 “Then the serpent said to the woman, ‘You will not surely die. 5 For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.’” She was enticed by her desires to be like God when she already was in His image. James 1:14 “But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.” When we doubt God’s goodness and truthfulness, we are setting ourselves for a fall. This is how the enemy snares God’s children away from the simplicity in Christ. 2 Corinthians 11:3 “But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.”

The beauty of the gospel is we are restored to the image of God, by the one who is the image of the invisible God (Col. 1:15). When we accept the work of Jesus on the Cross we are restored to a right relationship with God. As in the garden, Adam had communion with God; we through Christ have communion with God through the Holy Spirit living in us. Through our intimacy with the Lord, we are forever free from condemnation (Rom. 8:1). Our debt of sin has been canceled as we are made alive in Christ (Col. 2:13-14). We are restored as children of God.

When we accept Christ, we are born of God. 1 John 3:18 “We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him.” We are born of God, and our sin nature is put to death on the cross. We die to the image of the world and are born again in His image. Romans 6:6 “knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.” Through Christ we become children of God, reflecting His nature and having deep intimacy with the Lord. We receive the Spirit of adoption who cries from our hearts, Daddy! Romans 8:15 “For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.”

Because our Daddy is God, we are royalty. 1 Peter 2:9 “But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.” We are a royal priesthood to proclaim Him who called us. We have access to the Kingdom of God and are called to Minister Christ to others. In this Kingdom we have authority over the enemy. (Luke 10:17-20). This Kingdom comes in power. Luke 11:20 But if I cast out demons with the finger of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you.

So what does a Child of God look like? The life of Jesus gives us a picture of one fully surrendered to the Holy Spirit, obedient to the fathers will. He shows us what it looks like to be a child of God. He promises that the works that He did, we will do (John 14:12). If we do not know our identity in Him, we will fail to walk in the fullness of our calling.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

name='Joshua-777' timestamp='1320196007' post='1736264'

One of the main tactics of the enemy is to confuse our identity in Christ. If we don’t know who we are, how can walk in the authority the Father have given us? When we don’t know who we are, we nurture a nature that was put to death on the cross. We end up with a twisted view of the work of Christ. Understanding who we are in Christ is crucial to walking the transformed life we receive from communion with Him.

We were in the image of God. God created us like Himself, but through the serpent’s craftiness, eve was deceived. She doubted Gods goodness and His truthfulness. Genesis 3:4 “Then the serpent said to the woman, ‘You will not surely die. 5 For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.’” She was enticed by her desires to be like God when she already was in His image. James 1:14 “But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.” When we doubt God’s goodness and truthfulness, we are setting ourselves for a fall. This is how the enemy snares God’s children away from the simplicity in Christ. 2 Corinthians 11:3 “But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.”

The beauty of the gospel is we are restored to the image of God, by the one who is the image of the invisible God (Col. 1:15). When we accept the work of Jesus on the Cross we are restored to a right relationship with God. As in the garden, Adam had communion with God; we through Christ have communion with God through the Holy Spirit living in us. Through our intimacy with the Lord, we are forever free from condemnation (Rom. 8:1). Our debt of sin has been canceled as we are made alive in Christ (Col. 2:13-14). We are restored as children of God.

When we accept Christ, we are born of God. 1 John 3:18 “We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him.” We are born of God, and our sin nature is put to death on the cross. We die to the image of the world and are born again in His image. Romans 6:6 “knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.” Through Christ we become children of God, reflecting His nature and having deep intimacy with the Lord. We receive the Spirit of adoption who cries from our hearts, Daddy! Romans 8:15 “For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.”

Because our Daddy is God, we are royalty. 1 Peter 2:9 “But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.” We are a royal priesthood to proclaim Him who called us. We have access to the Kingdom of God and are called to Minister Christ to others. In this Kingdom we have authority over the enemy. (Luke 10:17-20). This Kingdom comes in power. Luke 11:20 But if I cast out demons with the finger of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you.

So what does a Child of God look like? The life of Jesus gives us a picture of one fully surrendered to the Holy Spirit, obedient to the fathers will. He shows us what it looks like to be a child of God. He promises that the works that He did, we will do (John 14:12). If we do not know our identity in Him, we will fail to walk in the fullness of our calling.

Great post and I totally agree with it but I fail to see what your purpose is in sharing this within your thread thus far???

• Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Great post and I totally agree with it but I fail to see what your purpose is in sharing this within your thread thus far???

I had to write this for a class, and thought it could be edifying so I posted it here.

• Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Awesome Josh thumbsup.gif

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

I had to write this for a class, and thought it could be edifying so I posted it here.

Got cha, the truth very well written and prepared thank you so much for sharing.:thumbsup:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  78
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/12/1978

:thumbsup: It was presented very well. Even an ADHD fella like me can follow it well. Great job!