joi

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

Herman Cain’s terrible, horrible, no good, very bad week ended on a discordantly high note. Addressing a packed ballroom in Washington’s Convention Centre, the former pizza mogul prompted whoops and cheers when he referred obliquely to the sexual harassment storm that had at times threatened to sweep away his White House candidacy.

“You know, I've been in Washington all week, and I've attracted a little bit of attention,” he boomed. “And there was an article in The New York Times today that has attempted to attract some more attention. You know, that's kind of what happens when you start to show up near or at the top of the polls. It just happens that way.”

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/tobyharnden/100115731/american-way-a-funny-thing-happened-on-the-way-to-the-herman-cain-lynching/

I just saw a fourth woman come out on tv with allegations against Cain.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  203
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

IMO whether or not these allegations are true, or as bad as the press will make it appear, Herman Cain's candidacy is undoubtedly done for. GOD can forgive him but the press will never let it die.

The lesson is, if you lead a Christian life from the git go you won't have to worry if you run for office.

IMO whether or not these allegations are true, or as bad as the press will make it appear, Herman Cain's candidacy is undoubtedly done for. GOD can forgive him but the press will never let it die.

The lesson is, if you lead a Christian life from the git go you won't have to worry if you run for office.

No one comes into this world an stays sin free. We need another idea here. ; )

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Actually, no, the real lesson is that the Left, and our main-stream media are blatant racists. The reason Herman Cain is being lynched by the media is because he is Conservative, Black, and leading in the polls, and that scares them even worse than Sarah Palin did. Because if Herman Cain wins the primaries, he renders every single pat defense that the Left uses to negate a conservative candidate moot, and useless. They can't play the race card after that and it is the one tactic they rely on time after time. Since the Left, and the media is constantly hinting that there is still so much closet racism in our society and blaming absolutely every problem in society on racism, you would think they would be over-joyed that Herman Cain is doing so well. Strangely, that's not what we see. Because what they say, and how they actually feel are two different things. They do not like Herman Cain doing well at all, because he is conservative and that stands everything they are always carping about a racist country on it's head. So they have to find a way to get rid of him, and there are few options, because they can't play the race card at all.

A woman cropping up here and there to make claims, most of them anonomous is supposed to be a trail of bread crumbs. But we aren't biting, Cain isn't going down, and the left is getting frustrated. Were Herman Cain a cronic sexual harrassment junkie, victims would be coming out of the wood work. The fact that they are having to turn over rocks to find someone willing to say he sexually harrassed them and they don't want anyone to know who they are says a great deal. It says the allegations are bogus. That part is not hard to figure out and it is actually helping him because a great many people see it for exactly what it is. The media is going to have to re-think their strategy because the same tired tricks they've used for decades just don't work anymore.

Agreed, Cobalt. If that happened to a real victim, she would not be backing off and the whole procedure seems fishy to me.... kind of strained, if you ask me.

Clinton was a whole 'nother matter. I knew from the get-go that he was no good and I was only in the 5th grade at the time. No one discussed him to me. I was just sitting with Papa watching the debate and I knew something was "off" with that man. I even understood what was going on in the debate and I turned to my Papa and said, 'That does not make any (logical) sense" and he was dumbfounded a 5th grade girl could see through all of that smoke screen. Added to say, Papa was a registered Democrat who lived in Arkansas at the time of CLinton's governship and he never really "cottoned" to the guy. I even said to a liberal speech teacher of mine who was "arguing" with me that he was going to embarrass himself and sure enough, I was right later on. She was a supporter of his. :P

That said- I didn't get the same vibe with Cain so far. I'm not "voting" for him but I'm watching as it unfolds- some things I think he say is excellent..

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

I just saw a fourth woman come out on tv with allegations against Cain.

Wow, me to...I saw this woman come out {and read} allegations against Cain.

I have a doubt...I have never had to read something that happened in my past....I just tell what happened...at times I may leave out small details....but I do not need to read them. Maybe the words are true..yet for me the fact that she needs a lawyer next to her...tells me that letting people know about the truth...is not at the core of this issue.

JMO Dennis

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

I'll speak for myself and say that I'm not even mildly persuaded that Herman Cain sexually harassed anyone. Currently I think that dirty politics is more likely.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  78
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/12/1978

As an active Cain supporter, I may be a bit to bias here, but I truely think this is a smear campaign. I understand the point of the settlement gag restiction, but with that in effect, how did this get out in the first place? I personally believe that if something has happened, it is not what we are being lead to believe.

• Content Count:  203
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I'm happy to see that there are open-minded, logical, intelligent people in the US - Cain's points in the polls have gone up 3%. I also just heard on NBC news that it follows that, if Cain drops in the polls, Gingrich will rise to take his place. As someone from Georgia all I can say is, be careful what you wish for.