Strader327

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hey everyone I've got some questions concerning mission work and reaching people around the world for Christ. The questions I have are what are some good quality missionary organizations that either you help contribute to or recommend? I know one that I have contributed to in the past is the Lottie Moon Missions. Is far as what you all know, are they are and still are a well respected missions organization?

Also as a general cultural question, what cultures, people groups, or nations are the LEAST modernized, westernized or touched by technology or computers or the internet? The reason why I ask this is I feel like or at least currently feel like that the more non technologically advanced or even more tribal the nation, culture, or people group the more receptive they will be towards the gospel. Why am I saying this? Well from being in the US all my life especially now in the 21st. century with the internet there has been a big increase in atheism, secularism, and just general skepticism that almost borders on cynicism or is pure cynicism.

And when you are dealing with a major increase of people especially young people who are so turned off by the gospel and won't even let you present your case or even bother to let you discuss your faith, without a major miracle or life event that shakes that person up enough to make them receptive to the gospel, they will never accept Christ.

And even though the internet, computers and technology has done so much good for everyone over these last few decades it has also made people more hateful, rude, arrogant, as well as more skeptical and cynical. So because of these reasons I feel like people in westernized nations like the US, Europe, Canada, and any others who are tied to the internet and the like are becomming increasingly difficult to reach for the gospel even to the point that many are worth giving up on.

But that doesn't mean we should stop trying of course. Through things like apologetics and the ministries that specialize in apologetics are a great last ditch effort to reach such people. But as I've said I've seen so many that are so far gone that even the best of apologetics can't help them.

But regardless people of lesser developed nations I feel like, may still be rather easy or easier to reach for the gospel. And so for that reason I was wondering which nations or people groups that are still around today that you think would be very receptive to the gospel and if so, what kind of missions groups are reaching them and how can we help contribute to them?

To put things in parable terms, you want to look around and try to find the best ground that is still around to sow your seed in. And try to focus less on wasting all your seed on poor ground. It's sort of like casting your pearls before swine.

But anyway, I look forward to reading what kind of suggestions you all may have. Thank you for your time. God bless.

Plus, what cultures, people groups, or nations, that have either haven't been visited by Christian missionaries yet?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

The one org. we give to regularly is Samaritans Purse, and part of our money goes to a group in Bongolo, Africa, one of our members son and daughter in law just signed on for a two year service in the hospital there as drs as well as evangelists.

shalom,

Mizz

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

Well I was involved with Youth With A Mission(YWAM For short) for many years, I was on staff and did multiple trips/schools etc with them. Many YWAM missionary bases have focused on non reached people groups. There mission statement is "To Know God, and to Make Him Known" They are one of, if not the largest missions organizations on the planet with over 1000 operating locations world wide. They train missionaries then send them out, which is what there mission statement says.

Their website is http://www.ywam.org

I was on staff with YWAM Denver for just under 3 years and here is there website.

www.ywamdenver.com

As for the unreached people groups. This site and the book they produce is a very good resource as they maintain stats on countries, including what percentage are christians, where people are persecuted, what religions are believed etc...

http://www.operationworld.org/

If you have any more questions feel free to ask!

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

But regardless people of lesser developed nations I feel like, may still be rather easy or easier to reach for the gospel. And so for that reason I was wondering which nations or people groups that are still around today that you think would be very receptive to the gospel and if so, what kind of missions groups are reaching them and how can we help contribute to them?

Check out http://www.traveltheroad.com/

These two missionaries have been documenting their journeys to mostly unreached peoples.