WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

No, but nice try. In the highly-charged, politically-correct atmosphere of the 90's, you could interpret just about anything including "I think you have a pimple there" into a potentially sexually-charged statement, go to the Human Resources Department, cry sexual harassment and the company would fall over themselves giving you money to keep it out of court. It was common practice. We have already discussed this aspect. Thank you for playing. We have a wonderful parting gift for you. It's the board game so you can play at home.

And its not some left wing conspiracy that this came to light being he is a major candidate. It would be a scandal for any candidate, regardless of their political party, to have been accused of sexual harassment by multiple women, especially if settlements were paid out. Moreover, I have worked in the professional world for 15 years now and have never been accused of sexual harassment. I would imagine that everyone on here that is defending him has never been accused of sexual harassment either.

That all said, I don't think thats what has hurt Cain the most in the polls. Its his remarkable ignorance of domestic and foreign policy that has hurt him the most. Even Ann Coulter doesn't think he is ready.

There's really no way to get 'ready' other than to jump in with both feet. Cain could do the job and he's a likable guy; what else does a candidate need? Clinton had no practical knowledge of foreign poliy issues either and he did a pretty good job.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

No, but nice try. In the highly-charged, politically-correct atmosphere of the 90's, you could interpret just about anything including "I think you have a pimple there" into a potentially sexually-charged statement, go to the Human Resources Department, cry sexual harassment and the company would fall over themselves giving you money to keep it out of court. It was common practice. We have already discussed this aspect. Thank you for playing. We have a wonderful parting gift for you. It's the board game so you can play at home.

And its not some left wing conspiracy that this came to light being he is a major candidate. It would be a scandal for any candidate, regardless of their political party, to have been accused of sexual harassment by multiple women, especially if settlements were paid out. Moreover, I have worked in the professional world for 15 years now and have never been accused of sexual harassment. I would imagine that everyone on here that is defending him has never been accused of sexual harassment either.

That all said, I don't think thats what has hurt Cain the most in the polls. Its his remarkable ignorance of domestic and foreign policy that has hurt him the most. Even Ann Coulter doesn't think he is ready.

There's really no way to get 'ready' other than to jump in with both feet. Cain could do the job and he's a likable guy; what else does a candidate need? Clinton had no practical knowledge of foreign poliy issues either and he did a pretty good job.

The difference is that Clinton, like Bush, Reagan, and the vast, vast majority of presidents, took steps to educate themselves on foreign, domestic, and economic policies before they decided to run for office. They did just take the flippant and intellectually lazy attitude that they did not need to know any of this because they would just surround themselves with people that did.

Nice way to avoid answering the question. Again.

Make me defend myself, and then you can challenge my defense. That way, you keep from ever answering anything.

You're real slick at this.

My point is that you have a double standard here. You are willing to accept ignorance out of Cain, but the problem is that in Obama's case, while he has not been a very good president, he did do well in the debates. He articulated clear policy positions and demonstrated a knowledge of foreign and domestic policy. That doesn't necessarily make him a good president, but being president is a very difficult job. There are thousands of people that have ran companies that had a few hundred million a year in revenue (like Godfathers Pizza). There are not thousands of people in this country that are capable of being president. Our presidents almost without exception, whether they were successful presidents or not, have almost all been very brilliant men. I would imagine that the average IQ for a president of the United States has been well over 120. A lot of people think they could be president, but its a hard job. It takes a brilliant mind and a gifted leader. I am not saying that necessarily means they will be a good president, I am saying that the job at minimum requires that. No reasonable individual would argue that Obama was not a very brilliant individual, that doesn't make him a good president though. A lot of people thought President Bush was stupid. The fact is he may have not of been our smartest president, but I would be willing to bet that he still has an IQ of over 120. Cain makes an absolute horses behind out of himself every time he gets asked difficult policy questions in an interview. He is simply not ready to be president, and probably isn't seriously running for the job anyway. I think he is just in this to sell books.

Think about this. Cain ran Godfathers Pizza, a company with a few hundred million a year in revenue. Thats good, but compare that to Romney. Romney founded Bain Capital, a company with over 60 Billion dollars in assets. That is one of the reasons why Romney demonstrates such a strong knowledge of foreign and domestic policy. it takes a pretty stinkin smart guy to run something like that.

Guest shiloh357

Precisely. Cain was the CEO of Pillsbury, Burger King, Godfather's Pizza and was also a radio talkshow host for a while among other things. We would expect a pattern of sexual harrassment from most if not all of those companies and other places of employment. What we are getting are over the top complaints that are ONLY surfacing when Cain is a front runner and only from one place where Cain worked.

So when Jennifer Flowers came out and said that Clinton was had a long term affair with her, was that part of some conspiracy? After all, those charges from her only surfaced when he was the front runner, why did she not come out with those charges early in the nomination process?

Interesting that you should bring up Clinton. The media loved Clinton scandal or not. The Jennifer Flowers scandal did not hurt him and neither did the Monica Lewisnky Scandal. He was a media darling and there was no media outrage over his scandals. He was easy prey for the late night comedians, but as a whole the media treated Clinton like a rockstar and no political candidate ever exceeded that love affair until this adminsitration.

The reason of course is that the media typically does not scrutinize candidates until they actually start leading in the polls. This is not a phenomenon that is unique to this election, this party, or even this country.

Oh please... the media and the left have been on a witch hunt since last year and scrutinizing and disparaging Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman long early in the nomination process and Palin isn't even a candidate. But they were afraid she would be and she has been the target of media hatred for what she wears, how she eats pizza and every word and gesture. The loony left tried to pin the Gabby Gifford shooting on Palin and Republicans, even. They have been quite busy making Republican candidates look like stooges for months and months

The media didn't create the Cain scandal. But the media has been waiting for something because Cain, as an educated and successful African American with a lot of good executive experience. He has a lot of transferrable skills that will serve well in the White House should he get elected. If he runs against Obama, the left cannot pull out it much used "race card" and paint every opposition to Obama as racism and cannot paint conversatives as bigots and anti-intellectuals.

Since you brought up Bill Clinton, you should go on YouTube and watch the video of the 1994 Town Hall meeting when Cain went toe to toe with Clinton on the Universal Health Care plan. Here is an article on it but the video is on YouTube if you type in "Herman Cain and Bill Clinton Townhall meeting." >>>The Day Herman Cain Defeated Bill Clinton

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Actually,

I wasn't impressed with Obama's debating skills.

Guest shiloh357
My point is that you have a double standard here. You are willing to accept ignorance out of Cain, but the problem is that in Obama's case, while he has not been a very good president, he did do well in the debates. He articulated clear policy positions and demonstrated a knowledge of foreign and domestic policy. That doesn't necessarily make him a good president, but being president is a very difficult job.

The difference between Cain and Obama is that Obama is an academic and Cain is a pragmatist. Cain knows what its like to have to make decisions without having the luxury of sitting back and testing the wind.

Obama is good at making speeches, reading off teleprompters and riding in Air Force One. He is not good at governing. He was a legislator not an executive. Legislators can debate and discuss and filibuster and conduct town hall meetings to see how popular their decision might be. Executives often have to make decisions based on the information they have at the moment. Obama can't do that. His indecision helped to exacerbate the delay in the clean up of the Gulf oil spill. It is also the reason we have such an incoherent foreign policy as has been demonstrated through the latest "Arab Spring debacle.

There is nothing, not even being governor, that can prepare you for the rigors of the White House and the duties of being the president. Cain IS highly intelligent. You don't get to be a successful CEO and accomplish what he has accomplshed without drive, and extremely high intelligence and by being a capable leader and decision maker, which is what is needed to be president.

You want to paint as some kind of stooge as if being the CEO of several companies is not much better than being the night assistant manager of a Taco Bell or something. I think you need to be a bit more honest about the skills and intelligence required to accomplish what Cain has.

Guest shiloh357
Cain ran Godfathers Pizza, a company with a few hundred million a year in revenue.

Cain, did not just run Godfathers pizza. He saved Godfathers pizza. He rebuilt it, turned it around and made it a profitable business. That requried more intelligence than just "running" it.

Cain makes an absolute horses behind out of himself every time he gets asked difficult policy questions in an interview.

No, he doesn't. That is just more of the liberal smear garbage.

Who said it is a conspiracy? More word-twisting because no one said that. I would think that you would have learned by now, as you pop in and out every few years like a Jack-in-the-Box so you can stump for the latest Liberal Flavor of the Month, that word-twisting doesn't work for you. It never worked before, and it won't work now.

Why are you so angry?

The sexual harassment charges against Cain is a smear campaign. A smear campaign because he was climbing in the polls and we can't have that. And it backfired badly. It only made him more popular which now has the Left dumbfounded and lost because the old tactics they have used for so many decades now just don't work anymore. Because people are becoming too smart to fall for them. As well as the fact that the Left has cried "racism!" and "tolerance!" so shrilly for so long that it is like the little boy who cried wolf. No one listens any more because they know that the majority of Liberals are hypocrites.

First off, Cain has dropped 11 points in the polls, so its not as though its "made him more popular". I think his drop in the polls is more attributable to performances like this on his part than the scandal though.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/14/herman-cain-libya-question_n_1093425.html

Or maybe it was his not knowing that China was already a nuclear power. Possibly it was his 9-9-9 plan that would have amounted to a tax increase for most Americans. Possibly it was the scandal, I don't know. However I do know that he has no chance of being the nominee. Moreover, the reason why blacks vote for Democrats is that you have conservatives out there saying things like "Blacks need to get off the Obama Plantation", which is about as offensive to them as saying that Jews should get off the Obama Auschwitz. It's that kind of attitude on the right that does more to lose black and other minority votes than anything else.

Riddle me this forrest. Why do you care who the Republicans nominate? You won't be voting for him. You will give your vote to the Empty Suit. Why all the concern for who the GOP nominates? Instead of telling us who we should be nominating, shouldn't you be trying real hard to convince us to vote for your guy?

I don't intend to vote for Obama unless some clown like Cain is nominated. He is a nice guy, he has no business being president though. I would prefer Huntsman (even contributed to his campaign), but most likely he won't be the nominee. I am not a huge fan of Romney's flip flopping, but I think he has the skills and knowledge to help get the economy moving again, thus I will probably vote for him should he get the nomination. The country is a mess right now. We had 8 destructive years of Bush, and Obama is not doing the job either, so I want someone in the Whitehouse to fix things and get the country moving forward again. That is why I care.

I know you guys must think I am some hardcore leftist, but thats probably because on here it seems like the ideological range is between far right wing and extreme right wing so you see someone thats fairly moderate on here and they look like a commie to you. :)

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I know you guys must think I am some hardcore leftist, but thats probably because on here it seems like the ideological range is between far right wing and extreme right wing so you see someone thats fairly moderate on here and they look like a commie to you. :)

OK, that was funny 24.gif.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

My point is that you have a double standard here. You are willing to accept ignorance out of Cain, but the problem is that in Obama's case, while he has not been a very good president, he did do well in the debates. He articulated clear policy positions and demonstrated a knowledge of foreign and domestic policy. That doesn't necessarily make him a good president, but being president is a very difficult job. There are thousands of people that have ran companies that had a few hundred million a year in revenue (like Godfathers Pizza). There are not thousands of people in this country that are capable of being president. Our presidents almost without exception, whether they were successful presidents or not, have almost all been very brilliant men....

Do you know what my standard is?

By my standard, I'm right on track.

And it looks to me like you base intelligence on intellectualism and articulation rather than substance.

Intellectualism doesn't impress me one iota. I'm an intellectual, but when it comes to applying the knowledge I'm not so good. My brother on the other hand isn't so intellectual, but when it comes to applying what he knows he's brilliant. I can think and process complex things, but I'm not so good at articulating it.

So really, the standards by which your presentation show do not impress me.

I personally would not accuse or even imply someone with the business skills Cain has demonstrated to have come from a less than brilliant person.

...but compare that to Romney. Romney founded Bain Capital, a company with over 60 Billion dollars in assets. That is one of the reasons why Romney demonstrates such a strong knowledge of foreign and domestic policy. it takes a pretty stinkin smart guy to run something like that.

And like I said before, Romney as a nominee would guarantee an Obama win because he would not have the support of the GOP Christian base.