• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I'd say that the "Pin the tail on the antichrist" remark, would've been best left in the archives, wouldn't you think!

No, because I agree with the sentiment.

I've been through the insistence that Kissinger was the anti-Christ. I've been through the insistence that Gorbechev was the anti-Christ. I've been through the insistence that Popr John Paul II was the anti-Christ. I've been through the insistence that this person and that person was the anti-Christ.

They all presented their cases, just as you. They pointed to this action and that action and how it fulfills this Scripture and that Scripture.

It's gotten old.

Why should I believe your insistence?

But there was much more than that, as you well know.

Possibly your reaction has something to do with feeling a need to defend a considered collegue who was to eager to jump on my reply to the topic of interest?

Afterall the subject was re endtimes stuff!

No. I was responding as I would have without anyone else's answer, just adding notes with how your responses to their comments went.

If you were trying to display a word of knowledge and revelation on my heart, you really missed the mark.

My reaction has to do with, as I said, my frustration with yet another person claiming they know who the anti-Christ is, and if you don't believe me then there is something wrong with you.

Like I said, it's gotten old.

I wouldn't say people are necessarily rejecting the word of the Lord if they don't have the gift of interpretation, they're just oblivious to prophetic revelation. Nor am I so sensitive to think they are.

But unfortunately those that don't possess the gift of revelation knowledge tend to down play such insight, mainly because they just don't have that gift.

I'm surrounded by prophetic people. I know enough about how the prophetic works to discern such. I've received visions and words from the Lord myself.

What are your credentials, your evidence, that the Lord told you this?

That's something I haven't heard from you at all - the Lord. Where is He in your declaration?

But since Israel miraculously regained her nationhood the prophetic time clock has been ticking, Jesus said the generation that witnesses this will not pass away till all things are fullfilled, Matt 24.

Obviously we must be right at that point in time if this prophesy is to be fullfilled, why then should it be considered childish or self-condesending to see the fruits of endtime prophsey if this is so.

I agree about Israel. But did the closkc start ticking in 1948 or 1967, and how long is a generation?

Example, I read the book "88 Reasons Why Christ Will Return in 1988" - that was 40 years (what was claimed to be a "generation") after 1948.

So which year do you believe to be the marker, and how long do you believe a generation is? And how does that relate to this year or 2012?

I think my very measured reaction was appropriate, considering the attitude of the response, or do you think I should allow a fellow believer to slap my face for nought.

In response to your final paragraph. Thankyou! but, I know when it's appropriate to preach the gospel and also to discuss prophecy, one does hope fair consideration if possible amongst believers.

For me to say I'm not writing for naysayyers, is not insulting them, it's just the truth! they can just ignore my comments, I'm 'ok' with that.

If someone doesn't like discussion of prophesy re: Antichrist or other, why do they get on the Prophesy board?

If your brother strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also."

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I'd say that the "Pin the tail on the antichrist" remark, would've been best left in the archives, wouldn't you think!

No, because I agree with the sentiment.

I've been through the insistence that Kissinger was the anti-Christ. I've been through the insistence that Gorbechev was the anti-Christ. I've been through the insistence that Popr John Paul II was the anti-Christ. I've been through the insistence that this person and that person was the anti-Christ.

They all presented their cases, just as you. They pointed to this action and that action and how it fulfills this Scripture and that Scripture.

It's gotten old.

Why should I believe your insistence?

But there was much more than that, as you well know.

Possibly your reaction has something to do with feeling a need to defend a considered collegue who was to eager to jump on my reply to the topic of interest?

Afterall the subject was re endtimes stuff!

No. I was responding as I would have without anyone else's answer, just adding notes with how your responses to their comments went.

If you were trying to display a word of knowledge and revelation on my heart, you really missed the mark.

My reaction has to do with, as I said, my frustration with yet another person claiming they know who the anti-Christ is, and if you don't believe me then there is something wrong with you.

Like I said, it's gotten old.

I wouldn't say people are necessarily rejecting the word of the Lord if they don't have the gift of interpretation, they're just oblivious to prophetic revelation. Nor am I so sensitive to think they are.

But unfortunately those that don't possess the gift of revelation knowledge tend to down play such insight, mainly because they just don't have that gift.

I'm surrounded by prophetic people. I know enough about how the prophetic works to discern such. I've received visions and words from the Lord myself.

What are your credentials, your evidence, that the Lord told you this?

That's something I haven't heard from you at all - the Lord. Where is He in your declaration?

But since Israel miraculously regained her nationhood the prophetic time clock has been ticking, Jesus said the generation that witnesses this will not pass away till all things are fullfilled, Matt 24.

Obviously we must be right at that point in time if this prophesy is to be fullfilled, why then should it be considered childish or self-condesending to see the fruits of endtime prophsey if this is so.

I agree about Israel. But did the closkc start ticking in 1948 or 1967, and how long is a generation?

Example, I read the book "88 Reasons Why Christ Will Return in 1988" - that was 40 years (what was claimed to be a "generation") after 1948.

So which year do you believe to be the marker, and how long do you believe a generation is? And how does that relate to this year or 2012?

I think my very measured reaction was appropriate, considering the attitude of the response, or do you think I should allow a fellow believer to slap my face for nought.

In response to your final paragraph. Thankyou! but, I know when it's appropriate to preach the gospel and also to discuss prophecy, one does hope fair consideration if possible amongst believers.

For me to say I'm not writing for naysayyers, is not insulting them, it's just the truth! they can just ignore my comments, I'm 'ok' with that.

If someone doesn't like discussion of prophesy re: Antichrist or other, why do they get on the Prophesy board?

That last quote is right out of context to begin with, it goes, "if someone strikes you", not brother, someone meaning those outside the covenant of grace, obviously not

the sanctioned behaviour of a born again person. Paul states If someone intentionally offends, to show them their fault, if they repent then you must forgive, but if they don't

repent, they retain their own guilt.

Elsewhere scripture states if your brother sins against you must forgive, but the ephasis is that they say forgive me. Why should we think we carn't insist on equality and justice for all, this was Christs message to the Pharisees, but they didn't consider it should apply to them.

Quite seriously, I'm not upset with you at all, I know many have claimed to have insight, especially around the time of the 90's, many false prophets discredited scripture prophesy, shrouding what would emerge and take place on the world scene soon after. They did alot of damage, and now few have any clue to the nearness of these revelations.

Not your fault, I understand your skepticism. It has gotten old thanks to the false prophets, some intentionally some not so, but they did harm to revelation.

The generation is 70years, (as in Daniels seventy) taking the fullness of time, it should be 1948 fullness start 1949, plus the seventy years, 2019-7yrs for the trib=7yr peace treaty sometime 2012.

Beginning of the Trib, on the day of the future peace accord. A literal 7yr peace treaty. The person who presides over this treaty will be Antichrist, Daniel (9:27)

That's why I can be certain of his identity. He's in the box seat at the right time.

Hold me to it, not long to go, otherwise I'm a false prophet myself.

2012 the beginning, not the end.

No offence meant, no offence taken.

Edited by rod1

Guest shiloh357
The generation is 70years, (as in Daniels seventy) taking the fullness of time, it should be 1948 fullness start 1949, plus the seventy years, 2019-7yrs for the trib=7yr peace treaty sometime 2012.

Beginning of the Trib, on the day of the future peace accord. A literal 7yr peace treaty. The person who presides over this treaty will be Antichrist, Daniel (9:27)

That's why I can be certain of his identity. He's in the box seat at the right time.

Yes. Yes, you are.

That last quote is right out of context to begin with, it goes, "if someone strikes you", not brother, someone meaning those outside the covenant of grace, obviously not

the sanctioned behaviour of a born again person.

OK, right on the "someone," but I disagree on the interpretation you gave.

Jesus was speaking to Torah-observant Jews, and none of them were in the "covenant of grace" yet - as this was before Jesus died and rose.

2012 the beginning, not the end.

OK, but you are still speaking as if this is your interpretation and not as a word from the Lord.

I do not understand why you insist on this.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

To really throw some gasoline on the fire, some of you may have heard of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Singularity_Is_Near

While granted it's a Wiki article (caveat emptor), it has a lot of links to sites that go into further detail. As a Christian, I don't believe this "singularity" will occur, but I'm a member of a secular writing site where some of the members fully embrace it. It's some wild stuff.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,136
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Too All

The thing is our calender is most likely 7 or 8 years off. (or should be added to our calender).

King Herod died in 4 B.C.. The Magi visited Herod before seeing the Christ child. He killed all the male children two and under, (in and around Judea). So Christ's birth was about (more than two years before the death of King Herod). Now at about 6 B.C. or more. Also factor in the time Joseph, Mary and Jesus spent in Egypt until the word that Herod the Great (king) had died, (maybe one or two years). So our calender could easily be off by 7 or 8 years. That would put us in the year 2018 A.D.or 2019 A.D. at this time. There goes the Mayan Calender, it is past due. All these outside prophecies are for not.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

To really throw some gasoline on the fire, some of you may have heard of this: http://en.wikipedia....ularity_Is_Near

While granted it's a Wiki article (caveat emptor), it has a lot of links to sites that go into further detail. As a Christian, I don't believe this "singularity" will occur, but I'm a member of a secular writing site where some of the members fully embrace it. It's some wild stuff.

Yeah, it's some wild stuff. Check out some sites on Transhumanism & post humans. A lot of scientists are experimenting with the technologies to make it happen. Even DARPA is involved. So I wouldn't dismiss the possibility of it occurring.

There are a couple of threads about transhumanism in the Conspiracy Forum.

Too All

The thing is our calender is most likely 7 or 8 years off. (or should be added to our calender).

King Herod died in 4 B.C.. The Magi visited Herod before seeing the Christ child. He killed all the male children two and under, (in and around Judea). So Christ's birth was about (more than two years before the death of King Herod). Now at about 6 B.C. or more. Also factor in the time Joseph, Mary and Jesus spent in Egypt until the word that Herod the Great (king) had died, (maybe one or two years). So our calender could easily be off by 7 or 8 years. That would put us in the year 2018 A.D.or 2019 A.D. at this time. There goes the Mayan Calender, it is past due. All these outside prophecies are for not.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Confused.

How does our Gregorian calendar being off from the birth year of Christ affect the interpretation of the Mayan calendar?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,136
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Too All

In Christ

Montana Marv

Confused.

How does our Gregorian calendar being off from the birth year of Christ affect the interpretation of the Mayan calendar?

Nebula

If our calender is say 7 to 8 years off. Christ being born about 7 or 8 BC. And yet the Gregorian calendar beginning is at the end of BC or at Christs birth during 1 AD. If Christ birth was prior to the Gregorian records , We then would be in the year 2018 or 2019 AD. The Mayan calender begin in about August 11, 3114 BC according to the Gregorian calender. Thus it would end in 2012 AD according to the Gregorian calender. The Gregorian calender is based on Jesus' birth being approximately 1 AD. Truly Jesus was born 8 to 9 BC according to records. If this is the case, the true ending of the Mayan calender would have been 2002 or 2003 AD.

With all the gibberish, The Mayan calender was not solar related, even authorities do not agree on the same date of start. There are no doomsday events tied to the end of the calender. The accuracy of this calender is suspect due to its 20 day cycles. It repeats itself every 18,980 days or about every 52 solar years. Too many unknowns. They used a base 20 for calculations, we use a base 10 for calculations.

In Christ

Montana Marv