• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  78
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/12/1978

ChristianMaker, of the two you have narrowed your choices too, the only one I am familiar with is Global University. They are more of a Pentecostal school (I am a member of their home denomination), and if that is what you are looking for, Global is your pick. But I really can't say anything about the other choice you have. So, I fear I am a bit bias on this issue, but I hope I have given you some helpful info.

In Christ,

Tintiger

• 5 years later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/21/2011 at 1:42 PM, Floatingaxe said:

I am thinking myself of someday taking an online course, and my first choice is Charis Bible College. I offered that to you in the other thread. Did you look into it?

On 12/21/2011 at 2:47 PM, shiloh357 said:

That is something you need to check out before you lay the money down and sign up. What is their theology like? Don't rely simply on their "statement of faith" that they post online. Those don't give you much of anything to go on. They are ususally very "generic" and affirm some basic positions that most denominations adhere to. You need to badger them for more information see if they will hook you up with an advisor or professor that can answer your questions. What I mean is this... If you believe in the gifts of the Spirit (speaking in tongues, gifts of healing, word of knowledge, etc) and they don't, you might want to know that in advance of signing up. If you are not Calvinist, and they are, that is something else to consider. If they hold to a different view of end time prophecy (eschatology) and hold to views that you cannot abide with, you need to know that in adivance.

What kind of degree are they offering? It is a Bachelar of Arts, or what? Check out their accreditation organizations. Who exactly is accrediting them? Armed with that information, you can call the administrative offices of American seminiaries or other Bible colleges and ask them if they would recognize a degree from that university that is accredited with those accrediting firms.

What kind of church do you attend in Atlanta?

To be completely honest and not really knowing what kind of theology you adhere to, and if it were me, of the four choices you have listed. This is the one I would choose. Moody is highly respected. They are well-known and known for being biblically and theologically solid. You really can't go wrong with Moody. As to whether or not they are accredited enough to be accepted by seminaries, well that is totally at the discretion of the receiving institution. They are under no obligation to accept any credits or degree work from any other institution.

I know the feeling. I am a student at a Southern Baptist University. Alas, they offer no distance education. :( Here's to hoping you find what you are looking for. :thumbsup:

On 12/21/2011 at 3:16 PM, nChrist said:

I agree completely. Moody has a lengthy history of excellence. My grandfather attended Moody Bible Institute in the early 1900s, so I am somewhat biased.

On 12/23/2011 at 0:13 PM, oldzimm said:

Pick the one that God is telling your heart to pick, but don't flip a coin. :thumbsup:

On 12/27/2011 at 7:51 PM, shiloh357 said:

One other piece of advice I can give you to help you save money. Do not buy the books used for their curriculum from the "book store" of whatever school you choose if you can at all possibly help it. Get your books from Christian Book Distributer online. Christian Book Distributor has every Christian Book published within the last 20 years at least and they between 30% and 70% cheaper than just about anyhwere else. You can even get some books as E-books and those are even cheaper. University bookstores are notorious for having as much as a 30% mark-up in their prices.

Liberty has a good home study course but the credits will only be good at Liberty if you choose to get further education later on. They will not be transferrable.

On 12/28/2011 at 1:48 AM, Babbler said:

I do not know about Moody's online courses but at the school one must swear allegiance to their dispensational teaching. I personally would not submit myself to fall under the teaching of their errors

On 1/13/2012 at 3:09 PM, oldzimm said:

ChristianMaker, your going to be ready to retire before you pick one. :laugh:

On 1/14/2012 at 7:49 PM, tintiger78 said:

ChristianMaker, of the two you have narrowed your choices too, the only one I am familiar with is Global University. They are more of a Pentecostal school (I am a member of their home denomination), and if that is what you are looking for, Global is your pick. But I really can't say anything about the other choice you have. So, I fear I am a bit bias on this issue, but I hope I have given you some helpful info.

In Christ,

Tintiger

Hello everyone! I am back.

I still have not made a decision. However, I am ready to pull the trigger on something ASAP.

Since I created this thread I have learned a lot and have been blessed a lot.

I have started a community group in my local church, got a fabulous job and have been saving money, and have a baby on the way.

I am no longer trying to ever keep up with the Jones's or try to get the best of the best. I 100% just want a solid distance learning online program that is NOT accredited. I just care about reputation and honor. That if I graduate from their program that it will be respected and people will know that I received a good education.

I have already completed my BA with a 4.0, I am looking for a Master Degree.

I would go to Moody in a heart beat by here is no way I am paying 400.00 per credit hour for about 1200.00 per class. Not in this world.

So if you guys don't mind, I am looking for something extremely affordable because I am doing this just because I feel it is on my heart from God. I am looking at it like advance bible study with a certificate on the side after completing. Don't really want to pay an arm and a leg for that.

Please let me know what everyone thinks. It would be greatly appreciated.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Multnomah.edu  University also offers an online degree in Bible and Theology with emphasis on Bible.   Located in Portland OR, It has a good rep in the Pacific Northwest and is well accredited.  There is a second campus in Vegas.  I don't know anything about their fees. Its backed by evangelical churches, believes in the plenary verbal inspiration of the Bible and the return of Christ to rule 1000 years.  It still seems very solid.  You can look it up online.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

Kings College, formerly Midlands Bible College in the UK. It was well spoken of 15 - 20 years ago by a ministry I associated with at the time, it was known as Midlands then and they are none denominational. I listened to a few tapes a friend had and the teaching was really good. They also seem to place emphasis or importance of the Jewish background of the scriptures. 

Don't know why the name has changed but a with a little digging that can be solved I suppose.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/17/2017 at 10:52 PM, Willa said:

Multnomah.edu  University also offers an online degree in Bible and Theology with emphasis on Bible.   Located in Portland OR, It has a good rep in the Pacific Northwest and is well accredited.  There is a second campus in Vegas.  I don't know anything about their fees. Its backed by evangelical churches, believes in the plenary verbal inspiration of the Bible and the return of Christ to rule 1000 years.  It still seems very solid.  You can look it up online.  

On 6/18/2017 at 0:02 AM, Zemke said:

Kings College, formerly Midlands Bible College in the UK. It was well spoken of 15 - 20 years ago by a ministry I associated with at the time, it was known as Midlands then and they are none denominational. I listened to a few tapes a friend had and the teaching was really good. They also seem to place emphasis or importance of the Jewish background of the scriptures. 

Don't know why the name has changed but a with a little digging that can be solved I suppose.

That is what I am more leaning towards. Something a lot more affordable but respectable. I am more or less looking for something that is like an advance bible study for myself but I get a certificate at the end. However, I do not want to attend a Diploma Mill either.

Anyone else have any new schools that are affordable and yet respectable? Does not necessarily need to be accredited. Just at least have a good reputation of producing good Christian Students with sound doctrine.