• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Here is a crazy thought, what if hell would be doing all the sins one done for eternity? Some might think that wouldn't be so bad, now lets use the example of drug addiction. I think being on drugs 24/7 for eternity would be pure hell.

Now don't anybody go saying this is what oldzimm believes hell is like, it was a crazy thought and I've been known to have a few of them. :laugh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

My belief, if not lined up with the word of God is nothing, that said, I believe that would illness and desease one dies with one will have it in his body in hell, it's their natural, real, fleshly body.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Well, science tells us that center of the planet is filled with molten lava. Jesus describes Gehenna as fire and brimstone, which is typical of lava. The Scripture also tells us that the earth abides forever. If I take these things at face value, and couple them with other portions of Scripture, I think Gehenna will be just what Jesus says: a lake of fire.

In Revelation 20, there are two different terms used. One is anastasia, used of Christian resurrection. The other is anazoe, used of the raising of the wicked dead. We further know from other portions of Scripture that our bodies will be like of Christ, since we are IN Christ. The wicked don't stand in the resurrection. This seems like a simple statement, until we understand that to be resurrected means to stand. The body the wicked receives is apparently like Adam's. In Genesis, God puts Adam and his wife out of the Garden so that they don't eat of the tree of life and live forever. This was not a punishment as much as it was a mercy. Imagine being trapped in a sinful body forever and never being able to die. I suspect that will be the situation in Gehenna. Regardless of the sulphur content of the atmosphere, the twice dead will live on. The lungs will probably ache and burn, the eyes constantly water, the skin burn, but they cannot die. The muscles will cramp from lack of water. The conscience will constantly remind them of the things that they did in their life and never repented of. And this never ends. On and on and on it goes with no hope. And I also suspect that the devil will be cackling away, laughing at them for believing his lies.

Obviously, this is an opinion, but I base it on what Scripture says.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/25/1945

I completely respect what you did for the world, and I thank you for your service! But I would like to ask how it is that people choose it. I'm not arguing with God , am asking a simple question. By the way I have found that life Is fair. That's why everyone hates it. Then again, I'm 15 so what do I know? That's why I ask.

Alright, your not experianced at life yet, by the time you make 60, save the LORDÅ› soon arrival you will have learned you are wrong..,. life is not, has never been, nor will it ever be fair on this earth. The only thing in all of Creation is outside of the creation and that is God. Man is created in the image of God and yet God is a Spirit being and therefore does not, to the eye, look like man.

God, without question has a free will, He choose to love, create and to be loved. When God created the Angels, He gave them a free will also! This can be seen by looking at the history of Lucifer. Lucifer was the most eye catching creation in Heaven and because of it he became prideful (free will) and cast out of Heaven with his followers. (again free will) Now love cannot be commanded the way obedience is. Obedience is a work but love is a decision.

Now, 2/3 of the angels chose to love God and have, as a result, been allowed to remain there with him and Satan´s forces have been assigned to Hell and the Abyss, all in due time. And now we come to man! God still desires love and He created man in His image, His spiritual image! Like God and the angels, God gave man a free will, that man might choose to love or to reject Him. In Romans 1:20,21 we find that man has the Law of God written in his heart, the thing we call morals. When we look at the Creation, just as it says in this passage, it is undeniable that God exists and when we see this, we make a choice! Some of us choose to glorify God and to acknowledge His ownership but most choose to acknowledge science (the lie of) and there-by choose to deny God His due worship.

So it is that when we, usually in our younger years, choose to follow the provable lie of scientific theory, we choose not to love God and to never live with Him. To live without God in Eternity is to actively choose the default, Hell and after the Great White Throne Judgement the Firey Abyss.

I pray this answers your question.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  3

Well, science tells us that center of the planet is filled with molten lava. Jesus describes Gehenna as fire and brimstone, which is typical of lava. The Scripture also tells us that the earth abides forever. If I take these things at face value, and couple them with other portions of Scripture, I think Gehenna will be just what Jesus says: a lake of fire.

In Revelation 20, there are two different terms used. One is anastasia, used of Christian resurrection. The other is anazoe, used of the raising of the wicked dead. We further know from other portions of Scripture that our bodies will be like of Christ, since we are IN Christ. The wicked don't stand in the resurrection. This seems like a simple statement, until we understand that to be resurrected means to stand. The body the wicked receives is apparently like Adam's. In Genesis, God puts Adam and his wife out of the Garden so that they don't eat of the tree of life and live forever. This was not a punishment as much as it was a mercy. Imagine being trapped in a sinful body forever and never being able to die. I suspect that will be the situation in Gehenna. Regardless of the sulphur content of the atmosphere, the twice dead will live on. The lungs will probably ache and burn, the eyes constantly water, the skin burn, but they cannot die. The muscles will cramp from lack of water. The conscience will constantly remind them of the things that they did in their life and never repented of. And this never ends. On and on and on it goes with no hope. And I also suspect that the devil will be cackling away, laughing at them for believing his lies.

Obviously, this is an opinion, but I base it on what Scripture says.

I completely agree that what you have stated is indeed scriptural. The only small part I would disagree with is the last statement you made about Satan laughing. Remember that Revelation 20 states that Satan also will be cast into the lake of fire. He will not be laughing, he will be screaming along with everyone else.

• 1 month later...

The answer may lie in the Bible. But we have to realize that the word for eternity can also mean a long or set period of time. Thus, hell may not be eternal.

The only problem with what you say is this. If you do a word study, you will find that scripture uses the same word for eternal life that it uses for eternal torment. It would certainly make us feel better to think Hell is not forever, but unfortunately it is. Since the same word is used, this means the torment in Hell will last just as long as the joy and bliss if Heaven. I don't fault you for thinking that as I have heard lots of Christians whi believe that. However its not scriptural and besides, since God lets us choose where we go, its more than fair for it to be like that.

How is it fair for billions to go to hell without a chance? Sure, we have a lifetime. But does 80 years equate to an eternity?

That is a fair and honest question for which, I'm afraid, there is no satisfactory answer. Honestly, I don't think that we, as humans, will ever see all that God does as being "fair." I mean is it really "fair" that natural disasters destroy people's homes, businesses, and take their lives? Is it "fair" that children get diseases, starve to death, and are sold?

however, you must remember two simple truths:

1. The God we believe in is a Just God.

2. The God we believe in is in control.

Also, what we see as "fair" and "just" are not what are actually "fair" and "just" by God's standards.

AMEN and AMEN!!!!!