• Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

ForgottenVirtues.gif 3d by dks

FORGOTTEN VIRTUES—1

HONOR

Jesus left there and went to his hometown, accompanied by his disciples. 2 When the Sabbath came, he began to teach in the synagogue, and many who heard him were amazed. "Where did this man get these things?" they asked. "What's this wisdom that has been given him, that he even does miracles! 3 Isn't this the carpenter? Isn't this Mary's son and the brother of James, Joseph, Judas and Simon? Aren't his sisters here with us?" And they took offense at him. 4 Jesus said to them, "Only in his hometown, among his relatives and in his own house is a prophet without honor." Mark 6:1-4

without honor: atimos (at'-ee-mos); to dishonor; to treat as common or ordinary.

honor: time (tim-may’); to value, respect, or highly esteem; to treat as precious, weighty or valuable.

• RESPECT IS EARNED. HONOR IS GIVEN.

(Jesus) could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them. 6 And he was amazed at their lack of faith. Mark 6:5-6

WHO ARE WE CALLED TO HONOR?

• OUR PARENTS.

Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you. Exodus 20:12

• THOSE IN AUTHORITY.

Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe…respect, then respect; if honor, then honor. Romans 13:7

• OUR PASTORS AND CHURCH LEADERS.

The elders who direct the affairs of the church well are worthy of double honor, especially those whose work is preaching and teaching. 1 Timothy 5:17

Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Romans 12:10 ESV

• THE REASON OUR CULTURE IS DISHONORING IS BECAUSE PEOPLE AREN’T HONORING GOD.

You who fear the Lord, praise him! All you descendants of Jacob, honor him! Revere him, all you descendants of Israel! Psalm 22:23

The Lord says: "These people come near to me with their mouth

and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me…”

Isaiah 29:13

I have a problem with honor at times, when I look at some of the so call leaders we have my gut turns inside out. I have watched people in the position of power do things that would send normal folk to jail, yet, because they work for an all powerful system they dare step where even angels dare not go. I have in the past stood toe to toe with men that had no problem assigning other men to do things that they knew would cause Death to many. At times I want to reach out and Judge those with the same things that they were judging others, yet, a small voice inside of me kept me from doing so.

When I hit my teen years I thought my parent were nuts, they knew nothing, they warned me about things and I just blew them off. Today, I see the Wisdom of their advice and I weep "if I had only knew".

Sometimes I think that the best way to Honor some folks is just to keep my mouth shut, until I see other people being lead down the same paths that caused me to turn my back to my Lord and Saviour, which lead to years, of fear, anger, lose, betrayal and hate. Turned my back to Christ and to the Church. Have you notice how many Churches are failing today?

Am I the only one that has a problem with this thing they call Honor? Along with others like:

Forgotten Virtues: Purity, Loyalty, Integrity, Gratitude—Honor

ICL Dennis

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/08/1959

Amen Brother :thumbsup:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,192
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

His Word 'IS' cleaning me daily to the renewal of these most necessary elements of character and life... Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

:thumbsup: Thank you Dennis

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/23/1977

I love lifechurch.tv!!!!!! Pastor Craig Groeschel was blessed with a gift for teaching.