• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

The Iowa caucus was decided by 8 votes. Eight.

I would rather see a person in office who conducts themselves properly (even if they are an unbeliever) than someone who is all 'RAH RAH Jesus" but compromises on the important issues at hand.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

This is why we need to seek the Lord.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/09/1967

The Iowa caucus was decided by 8 votes. Eight.

I would rather see a person in office who conducts themselves properly (even if they are an unbeliever) than someone who is all 'RAH RAH Jesus" but compromises on the important issues at hand.

While I agree with you that many use the name of Jesus for personal gain, I can't think of any issue more important than being a true follower of Christ. A true follower will not compromise any issue.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/09/1967

I guess I'm kinda weird. I won't vote for an unbeliever at all. If there is no choice, I choose not to choose. I feel like I am accountable for my vote.

Everytime this comes up, this verse keeps coming to me "Render to Caesar what is Caesar's.

I would prefer to vote for a believer, but that's not always an option these days. God is sovereign and can use nonbelievers or believers to do what He wants done.

I'm afraid I have to point out that "choosing not to choose" is a choice in itself and a potentially hazardous one. Not voting in a election is actually voting for whoever wins, because they got the most votes. A few thousand people can change the outcome of a local election, and a few million a national one.

Choosing not to choose Christ for salvation is ultimately a choice for an eternity without Christ.

I used of the term "choosing not to choose" poorly. I would choose not to vote. Hows that. And as far as my not voting helps whoever wins? so be it. I have to stand in front of my God one day, not a politician.

Our focus on changing this country seems to be on our politicians. Our focus should be on the lost. We say this is a "Christian" country. Its not. The majority of this country is not followers of Christ. That is where our focus should be. Want to stop abortion? So called gay marriage? Start having prayer in school. Get the trash off our tv's and movie screens? Lets go after the voters to change their hearts and minds, not the politicians. America's problems are not the politicians that are in office, it's the people that put them there.