IGNORED

Sodomites

panza70

When Will It

They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate. Titus 1:16

Ever End

And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him. These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage. Jude 1:14-16

~

Sexual sin is more common than one would like to believe, but there is a difference between actively promoting and blessing a sin as good and struggling with it. With the latter one can repent.

The problem with homosexuality in the church is some are blessing it and claiming God does.

As soon as we can take our eyes off people and on to the truth, we can see same sex relations are detested by God as well as adultery and fornication, never mind whether the homosexual falls short. so does everyone else, if the homosexual acknowledges he has sinned he is surely in the 'same boat' as the rest of us, different type of sin but still sin. The problem is those promoting and defending it, and its pointless discussing it with them. If we who believe tried the same it would be total choas....

:thumbsup:

Step

Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ, Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father: Galatians 1:3-4

By Step

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 1 John 2:15

By Step

For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Titus 2:11-13

By Step

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:2

We Follow

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. Matthew 16:24

In His Foot Prints

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. Hebrews 12:1-8

LORD Help Us

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalms 139:23-24

In The Name Of Jesus

Amen~!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  3

Sexual sin is more common than one would like to believe, but there is a difference between actively promoting and blessing a sin as good and struggling with it. With the latter one can repent.

The problem with homosexuality in the church is some are blessing it and claiming God does.

As soon as we can take our eyes off people and on to the truth, we can see same sex relations are detested by God as well as adultery and fornication, never mind whether the homosexual falls short. so does everyone else, if the homosexual acknowledges he has sinned he is surely in the 'same boat' as the rest of us, different type of sin but still sin. The problem is those promoting and defending it, and its pointless discussing it with them. If we who believe tried the same it would be total choas.

ie..

B where does it say love your neighbour

A Leviticus 19:18

B But that is OT, you eat shellfish dont you

A Matthew 5:43

B but thats just your interpretation of what it says, not everyone agrees.

A Mathew 19:19

B But that is a passage about divorce

A Luke 10:27

B But that doesn’t necessarily mean everyone, just everyone the people being addressed came into contact with.

A Romans 13:9

B But that is Paul not Jesus.

Good wording. That's what I was trying to say.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Let us not forget that God said:

Eze 16:49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

Sodomites are so much more than homosexuals.

Gary

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  33

I must disagree. I don't see ANY preachers talking about this issue and when an instance appears in the church it seems great effort is taken to keep it quiet. I attend an evangelical church and I have never heard them talk about sexual sin. I think its more common than you would like to believe.

I see people saying this all the time. Exactly how many churches do you attend? I take it that you have heard every preacher in America preach? Because I know plenty that speak out against sin, including sexual sin, including myself.

I'm with Cobalt. I hear this all the time and it has been preached at EVERY church I've ever attended. What church are you going to Taylor? blink.gif

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/15/1959

The Church accepts homosexuality? The Church accepts gay priests? The Church is full of sins of pride, arrogance, adulteries?

It is true that the true Church of Jesus Christ is imperfect and needs to be walking in all the light available from the word of God.

But I do not believe for a second that the true Church is adulterous, homosexual, prideful, arrogant, wicked, loving pleasure more than loving God. These are marks of the babylonian church, the religious ones that have not washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb.

The present world attacks the true believers, Satan seeks to destroy the heritage of the Lord. But simply because the true Church is tempted, attacked and some of them fail in various ways does not give us the right to equate the true bride of Christ with the nominal professors who are devoid of the Spirit.

I think we all know that there is the visible professing church which is not necessarily the same as the invisible true and holy Church that God is perfecting. I refuse to connect the true wheat with the unusefulness of Tares, I will not equate a wolf and a sheep as the same animal because both are within a 'sheepfold'. Imperfect believers and moralistic unbelievers are difficult at times to distinquish but in time they are known. We cannot and do not sniff out all false professors and we do not always have a true knowledge of who are genuine believers but what I seek to refrain from doing is broad-brushing the Church which is the holy and being-perfected bride of Christ with the sins and lifestyle of the wicked.

Its unrighteous judgment and its shows no depth of perception when a sheep will say to those within its own fold...."gather them together to be burned for they are all tares"

Elisha said "and I, even I only, am left" God said "I have reserved 7000 who have not bowed the knee to Baal". God sees more than we do. He has more people than we think.

R.E.

Ezekiel 16:49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

Sodomites are so much more than homosexuals....

Americians Too

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Ezekiel 16:49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

Sodomites are so much more than homosexuals....

Americians Too

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  3

I must disagree. I don't see ANY preachers talking about this issue and when an instance appears in the church it seems great effort is taken to keep it quiet. I attend an evangelical church and I have never heard them talk about sexual sin. I think its more common than you would like to believe.

I see people saying this all the time. Exactly how many churches do you attend? I take it that you have heard every preacher in America preach? Because I know plenty that speak out against sin, including sexual sin, including myself.

Your sarcasm is not required. I obviously have not heard EVERY preacher and I didn;t claim to. I said I have not heard any preachers mention it. Maybe you can tell me some that do speak against it, IF you can do it with Love. I get enough sarcasm from people who don't follow God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.