• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

My impression:

A lesbian couple dressing a boy in flowery stuff (mentioned later in the article) makes one believe they hate masculinity.

Except that the idea that flowery stuff is somehow unmasculine is very much a culturally specific idea.

I fail to see how this changes the point. They still dressed the boy in what is associated with girls.

This is not being gender neutral.

• Group:  Royal Member

as to the risk of confusing names on people's development of a genedered identity.

This is what became of Marion Morrison

(Marion is the one on top, if he turned out like the one beneath I might accept that giving children odd names might have serious developmental consequences!!

Marion meaning and name origin

Marion \m(a)-rion\ as a boy's name (also used as girl's name Marion), is of English origin. Variant of Mary (Latin) "star of the sea". Used as a girl's name nowadays. John Wayne was originally named Marion Morrison. Revolutionary war soldier Francis "Swamp Fox" Marion.

Source

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

My impression:

A lesbian couple dressing a boy in flowery stuff (mentioned later in the article) makes one believe they hate masculinity.

Except that the idea that flowery stuff is somehow unmasculine is very much a culturally specific idea.

I fail to see how this changes the point. They still dressed the boy in what is associated with girls.

This is not being gender neutral.

It'sc perhaps more to do with not worrying too much about societies expectations. Dressing their child as they want to regardless of social conventions

It'sc perhaps more to do with not worrying too much about societies expectations. Dressing their child as they want to regardless of social conventions

I disagree. Men and woman don't realize how different we are from each other. Yet society demands men act more like women (soft and sensitive) and women to act more like men (less emotional, aggressive, go-getters).

If they intended on gender neutrality, they would have kept him looking gender neutral.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

This only reminds me of the song "A Boy Named Sue". This child needs to be removed for his best interest.

A child of five should be removed from the care of two loving, if perhaps eccentric, parents. Do you not think that there are, all too many, other children arround in much worse situations?

There are plenty of posters who advocatethe right the right to homeschool and reject the right of the authorities to interfer or intervene in the way they bring up there children. Do you thin they would benefit from the intense level of state interference that such an approach to enforce conformity on those rearing children that you seem to suggest in this case?

Amor, you have no idea about the affects this will cause the child as he is brought out of the world he had lived in and into the world of today. To hide another persons true identity because of personal choices is wrong, no matter who it is or for what reason.

As always, when we speak of one specific issue, you throw the world in to distract from the subject at hand. Yes, there are other children that are being killed and raped as I write this, but how does that help the individual we are talking about? It doesn't. Nor does it shine any light on the subject. It is just a diversional tactic to cause division.

I have witnessed a child being brought up in a gay relation, and confusion is all that rises from this. I speak of ones in my own family, not any second hand experience.

As for bringing in the legal system, they are the only ones that can help at this point, unless the father mans up and enters the scene, if they know who the father is at all.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Using their child as a political/social experiment - hmmm...

Seems they care more about the statement they make and their own social views than the welfare of the child.

No, gay people shouldn't be allowed to raise children because they have a mental problem.

Sis, you might like to reconsider that stance. I know you are saved, but do you still sin? And when you sin, is it a "mental problem" or is it, at its root, a disobedience problem, towards God?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

I disagree. Men and woman don't realize how different we are from each other. Yet society demands men act more like women (soft and sensitive) and women to act more like men (less emotional, aggressive, go-getters).

If they intended on gender neutrality, they would have kept him looking gender neutral.

Ah, the nature v nurtrure argument. In fact there are plenty of people out there who would clearly argue that much our social behaviour is gender driven and that upbringing has little influence on this. I've recently struggeled through Stephen Pinker's "The Blank Slate" that covers this argument in more detail, should it interest you or anyone else here.

If you and perhaps these parents are right and such arguments are not true, does it matterwhat's wrong with being a soft, sensitive man or an aggressive, go-getting woman? Why should we condition our children tobe have in a specific way because society demands it?

Ah, the nature v nurtrure argument. In fact there are plenty of people out there who would clearly argue that much our social behaviour is gender driven and that upbringing has little influence on this. I've recently struggeled through Stephen Pinker's "The Blank Slate" that covers this argument in more detail, should it interest you or anyone else here.

If you and perhaps these parents are right and such arguments are not true, does it matterwhat's wrong with being a soft, sensitive man or an aggressive, go-getting woman? Why should we condition our children tobe have in a specific way because society demands it?

I believe there is more to being masculine and to being feminine than differences in the reproductive system. Or do you suppose the only difference between Adam and Eve were their bodies?

There is a reason husbands and wives are given different command in Scripture for how to regard one another. Men need to be esteemed in order to feel loved. Women need to be loved in order to feel esteemed (values).

A man's sensitivity needs to come from his heart not his soul. But only those who have had their hearts open can truly understand this.

An aggressive, go-getting woman who has not heart is the kind of woman people call a female dog.