• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

:huh:

OK, how about giving me some tangible examples rather than regurgitating the principles?

I believe that in the context of my first reply. When we realize the great gift that we've been given and that Gods Law was sent in Love not in Judgment, although it works that way when ignored. We can live it Obediently and daily in Love. Not is some set life pattern , like an exercise regimen, as expressed and conveyed in the OP.

It is Liberating not taking us in Bondage as if our mere exercise of it gets us anywhere. We don't keep it because it Saves us or even pleases God. We do it because it is Right and Righteous and Gods best for our lives.:wub:

Well, in light of "the entire law is summed up in a single command: 'Love your neighbor as yourself,' " (Gal 5:14; Ro 13:8-10) it would seem that

is what pleases God.

And it seems to me that pleasing God because we love him is a worthy motive, which is not the same as trying to please him to earn merit.

It's what Jesus did (Jn 5:30, 8:29).

Loving God through obedience is like hugging someone you love- it is a work an effort but it doesn't seem like it. It is more like pleasure of fully expressing that which is within to that which is the object without. It is so rewarding in the action that your desire for doing it only increases! Your day becomes filled with loving through obedience but no burden exist in its performance... fulfilling this truth Christ taught-

Mt 11:28-30

28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

NKJV

To walk in this Light a man can give his life for another without a second thought! The Love of God 'IS' the greatest strength of power in the eternities... Love, Steven

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/08/1963

What Does It Mean To NOT Please God?

Following after the flesh rather than the indwelling Spirit by faith.

“The Danger of NOT Trying to Please God.”

God's pleasure is His own to have or not have. He responds based on His own nature. We do not manipulate Him into being pleased or delighted with us.

We obey by faith through the working of the Spirit or we live in our natural state of flesh, sin and lusts. Ours is to follow in faith in obedience to God depending on His work and grace.

WHAT ARE THEY?

See above.

Please and Love in Christ to you all! :)

With Fingers Stuck In Ears

While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him. Matthew 17:5

And With Hearts Of Stone Cold

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. 1 John 2:15-17

WHAT ARE THEY?

Forever, They Departed From Him

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: Matthew 25:41

~

Not So

For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 1 Corinthians 1:21

The Little Children

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Galatians 4:6

Following after the flesh rather than the indwelling Spirit by faith.

God's pleasure is His own to have or not have. He responds based on His own nature. We do not manipulate Him into being pleased or delighted with us.

We obey by faith through the working of the Spirit or we live in our natural state of flesh, sin and lusts. Ours is to follow in faith in obedience to God depending on His work and grace.

WHAT ARE THEY?

See above.

Please and Love in Christ to you all! :)

oh no, I already know the opinions of men. I want to know what God says on this.

Oh No! You Do Know

Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. Hebrews 10:38

Don't You....