• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

Yes, all of us who have received forgiveness of sins through the blood of Jesus Christ, have been given, not the spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, so we must use our God given talents and gifts to glorify him.

Thanks...After I returned to the fold of the Lord, I found myself doing something at work that I had not before. The projects I worked on seemed not to be for the earthly bosses that requested that the work be done, but, God. I signed the work I did so that if problems came up with my work the world would know who to seek out to correct those problems and make it right. Although I had many people think they were my bosses, my true Leader was Jesus. If your going to do anything, it might as well be as right as you can make it from the start, or you may end up doing it over, over and over again until it passes the test of fire. Former engineer for the Lord.

Of Course many seen my behavior as a person trying to take credit for the things I had done, rather than, accountability.I had to redo many things in my life before they Glorified God.

ICL Dennis...

• Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  858
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/05/1964

Yes, all of us who have received forgiveness of sins through the blood of Jesus Christ, have been given, not the spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, so we must use our God given talents and gifts to glorify him.

Thanks...After I returned to the fold of the Lord, I found myself doing something at work that I had not before. The projects I worked on seemed not to be for the earthly bosses that requested that the work be done, but, God. I signed the work I did so that if problems came up with my work the world would know who to seek out to correct those problems and make it right. Although I had many people think they were my bosses, my true Leader was Jesus. If your going to do anything, it might as well be as right as you can make it from the start, or you may end up doing it over, over and over again until it passes the test of fire. Former engineer for the Lord.

Of Course many seen my behavior as a person trying to take credit for the things I had done, rather than, accountability.I had to redo many things in my life before they Glorified God.

ICL Dennis...

Thanks OldShep for your input. God Bless.

29/01/2012

Yesterday, I read an article that inspired me much. In 1775, a young preacher named Augustus M. Toplady, was caught in a sudden storm, which forced him to take shelter in a cleft of a huge rock. As he waited for the storm to pass, he thought about how God had been a shelter for him in his life's storms. He found a playing card on the floor of his newly found shelter and wrote the words of the wonderful hymn, “Rock of Ages.” A hymn which has been a source of comfort to countless souls.

The ending stanza says....While I draw this fleeting breath, when mine eyes shall close in death, when I soar to worlds unknown, see thee on thy judgment throne, Rock of Ages, cleft for me, let me hide myself in thee.

Toplady died in 1778. Would he ever have imagined that a couple of centuries later, his hymn would still be sung in homes, churches and conferences. What an awesome blessing; something that no material gift can match.

Our testimony (written, spoken or sung) of the goodness of God is significant; it can do many things....refresh a weary soul, draw someone lost to the Saviour, encourage a depressed believer, challenge a Christian soldier and so much more.

If you ask Christians who Augustus M. Toplady is, not many will tell you. But to the question whether they have sung or heard "Rock of Ages" many will nod affirmatively.

Our testimony will probably outlive us, if the Saviour's return is delayed, and it will be a blessing to many; so let us do the Saviour's bidding while we can.....Remember the Master's words.....

As long as it is day, we must do the work of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work. (John 9:4)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Yesterday, the Lord put a new song in my mouth.....

That is wonderful! Bless the Lord for His lovingkindnesses endure forever!

Yesterday, the Lord put a new song in my mouth.....

That is wonderful! Bless the Lord for His lovingkindnesses endure forever!

Thanks nebula. God bless.

30/01/2012

Yesterday, the road in front of the clinic that I work in, was being newly tarred. The roads had been dug up around a month back and work had progressed slowly. Now the recovery process was almost complete. The patients were inconvenienced no end as they had to take tortuous paths to reach the backside of the clinic. Doctors in the clinic were troubled too because the patient flow to the clinic was suffering. Neither the doctors or the patients were the cause for the trial that had ensued because the local authorities had decided to renovate the roads. Some things are not really under our control so as to say. But we do learn from our experiences. Sometimes in life, we feel shaken because of certain circumstances that we have landed in, without us really having wanted to. To be precise, "you want out, but you cannot"...is the situation that you are in.

So what's to be done? Did it happen without the Lord's knowing? No, of course not. He knows every bit of it. In fact, he's totally involved, though we usually do not observe his subtle moves to redeem us from the situation. He's always working for the good of those who cry out to him for mercy.

And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly......(Luke 18:7, 8a)

For those of us who are wanting out from troublesome situations that we have landed in, here's an exhortation from the psalmist....

Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. (Psalm 27:14)

31/01/2012

Yesterday, the Lord reminded me again that his coming is very near and that I have to be ready to meet him. One of the first dreams that I saw after I was filled with the Holy Spirit, was about the Rapture and I can still remember so very clearly what I had seen. Of course, there are many who do not believe that such an event will take place, but that's not the issue here. The issue is "being ready" at all times to meet the Saviour.

So many exhortations and in so many New Testament books.

So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him. (Matthew 24:44)

Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back - whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn. (Mark 13:35)

Be dressed ready for service and keep your lamps burning...It will be good for those servants whose master finds them ready, even if he comes in the second or third watch of the night. (Luke 12:35, 38)

You also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him. (Luke 12:40)

Here's an exhortation for all of us from the Apostle Peter...

But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness. So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. (2 Peter 3:13, 14)

It's been 17 years since I saw the dream and I believe it will be fulfilled in my lifetime. I must be ready and so must you.

01/02/2012

Yesterday, the weather forecast for today was that it would bright and sunny. It was bright and sunny for a start, but then a dust storm hit and visibility decreased considerably. Well, it was not actually a storm in the strictest sense; more like gusty dust winds, but it created a lot of problems for drivers and for people walking on the roads. Some were caught unawares and had to take immediate care not to breathe in the dust swirling around or be smeared with loads of dust. Acting wisely without wasting time can often save one from unwanted misery.

But what if things are not in our hands at all or what if things get out of hand? We may strain at the oars like the disciples did one night when Jesus asked them to get into the boat and go on ahead of him.

We read in the gospel of Mark...

Immediately Jesus made his disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of him to Bethsaida, while he dismissed the crowd. After leaving them, he went up on a mountainside to pray. When evening came, the boat was in the middle of the lake, and he was alone on land. He saw the disciples straining at the oars, because the wind was against them. About the fourth watch of the night he went out to them, walking on the lake. He was about to pass by them, but when they saw him walking on the lake, they thought he was a ghost. They cried out, because they all saw him and were terrified. Immediately he spoke to them and said, "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid." Then he climbed into the boat with them, and the wind died down..... (Mark 6:45-51)

The disciples who were experienced fishermen, were straining at the oars because of troublesome winds. But the wonderful thing was that, there was one who saw their misery and saved them. Jesus has all authority in heaven and on earth. Though we do not see him, he is there with each one of us who have put our trust in him. Our Saviour will hear our cries and calm all the storms threatening to destroy our lives. Let's keep trusting in him.

02/02/2012

Yesterday, one of the medical representatives who visited me, handed me a diary for the new year. He apologized profusely for giving it after a month of the new year was over. It was February 1st and when he mentioned it, I suddenly realized that a whole month of 2012 had just whizzed by. Someone said, "Time flies" and it really does. At least for some. But there are others for who time drags, because of troubled times. As Solomon once said, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven....(Ecclesiastes 3:1)". Even "times" when time flies and "times" when time drags. But then these are the seasons of life, and everyone goes through it, except for those who leave this world young.

So what season are you in? Is time flying or has it come to a standstill?

If things have come to a standstill or are moving real slow, as a child of God, you still have hope, because you have trusted in the One who has time in his hands. As the Psalmist affirmed once.....My times are in your hands......(Psalm 31:15)

And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. (Romans 5:5)

Things will change as do the seasons. Hope and trust in your Saviour Jesus. He loves you.

03/02/2012

Yesterday, I read online about an interesting ritual among young girls in the Newar community of the Kathmandu valley of Nepal. They are married thrice; firstly at age 9-10 to a god that they worship, secondly, a couple of years later, to the sun and thirdly to a man at around 25 years of age. Marriage to a god is symbolized by marrying the young girl to the fruit of the wood-apple tree, a representation of their god. Marriage to the sun takes place by the girl spending 12 nights in a dark room, a ritual that earns her protection according to local beliefs. Most of us may find this strange, even funny; but for them who have grown up believing and practising these things, it's a part of life.

As a believer in the salvation that is made available by God through Jesus Christ, I feel sad for such, who have not yet known Christ and are living a life full of superstitions. But it challenges me to do more for the Lord and take the gospel to the unreached. How about you? Are you resting content that you are saved? Or do hearing such things spur you on to take the good news to the spiritually impoverished?

Read what the Apostle Paul writes to the believers in Rome....

"Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!" (Romans 10:13-15)

We have our tasks cut out. Only time will tell how faithful we have been to the Lord's calling in our lives.