• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

The king of Daniel 11:36

This may cover a few other threads.

The king will do as he pleases. (He is the most powerful individual)

He will exalt and magnify himself above every god and will say unheard of things against the God of gods. (No one can say unheard of things about God, unless he at one time was in Gods presence)

He will be successful until the time of wrath is completed. (going well into the last half of the last 1,260 days)

He will exalt himself above all gods (even the God of Heaven)

At the time of the end the king of the South will engage him in battle, and the king of the North will storm out against him,... But reports from the East and North will alarm him.

He will invade the Beautiful Land, Many countries will fall, BUT Edom, Moab, and the leaders of Ammon will be delivered from his hand.

Things to consider:

He is titled as a king.

He has a very big mouth.

He invades Israel, but he cannot enter or overwhelm Edom, Moab or Ammon. Why?

Who might this king be and who is he not.

Is not the beast of Rev 13, The whole word was astonished and followed the beast, and this beast exercised his authority for 42 months. (compare above Armies from the South, North, and East coming to battle him)

Who this king is:

Rev 12:13,14 - When the dragon saw that he had been hurled to earth, he pursued the woman (Israel) who had given birth to the male child (Christ). The woman was given two wings of an eagle, so that she might fly to a place prepared for her in the desert, where she might be taken care of for 42 months. (compare above: Edom, Moab and Ammon)

Matt 24:15 - So when you see standing the A/D spoken by the Prophet Daniel... FLEE (to Edom, Moab and Ammon)

Rev 17:10,11 - They are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come, but when he does come he must remain for a little while (42 months of Rev 13). The beast who once was, and now is not, is an eighth king, He belongs to the seven and is going to his destruction. (this 8th king has had dealing with the previous seven kings)

Rev 16:13 - Then I saw three evil spirits, that looked like frogs, that came out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. They go out to the kings of the whole earth to gather them for the battle on the great day of God Almighty. (When did the dragon come on the scene)

Ezk 28:12..... You were a model of perfection, You were in Eden the garden of God, You were anointed as a guardian cherub, You were on the holy mount of God; you walked among the fiery stone, I expelled you oh guardian cherub. (Rev 17:11 - the beast who once was [guardian cherub], and now is not [guardian cherub]

Isa 14:12-17 - How you have fallen from Heaven, O morning star, You said in your heart I will ascend to heaven, I will raise my throne above the stars of God, I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, I will make myself like the Most High. (compare to above, He will say unheard of things against the God of gods).

So this king of Daniel 11:36 has many of the attributes of Satan or the Dragon, Armies wage war against him, not so with the beast of Rev 13.

A lot to be considered.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,594
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, Montana Marv.

He will exalt and magnify himself above every god and will say unheard of things against the God of gods. (No one can say unheard of things about God, unless he at one time was in Gods presence)

He will be successful until the time of wrath is completed. (going well into the last half of the last 1,260 days)

At the time of the end the king of the South will engage him in battle, and the king of the North will storm out against him,... But reports from the East and North will alarm him.

He will invade the Beautiful Land, Many countries will fall, BUT Edom, Moab, and the leaders of Ammon will be delivered from his hand.

Things to consider:

He is titled as a king.

He has a very big mouth.

Is not the beast of Rev 13, The whole word was astonished and followed the beast, and this beast exercised his authority for 42 months. (compare above Armies from the South, North, and East coming to battle him)

Who this king is:

Rev 12:13,14 - When the dragon saw that he had been hurled to earth, he pursued the woman (Israel) who had given birth to the male child (Christ). The woman was given two wings of an eagle, so that she might fly to a place prepared for her in the desert, where she might be taken care of for 42 months. (compare above: Edom, Moab and Ammon)

Matt 24:15 - So when you see standing the A/D spoken by the Prophet Daniel... FLEE (to Edom, Moab and Ammon)

Rev 17:10,11 - They are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come, but when he does come he must remain for a little while (42 months of Rev 13). The beast who once was, and now is not, is an eighth king, He belongs to the seven and is going to his destruction. (this 8th king has had dealing with the previous seven kings)

Rev 16:13 - Then I saw three evil spirits, that looked like frogs, that came out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. They go out to the kings of the whole earth to gather them for the battle on the great day of God Almighty. (When did the dragon come on the scene)

Ezk 28:12..... You were a model of perfection, You were in Eden the garden of God, You were anointed as a guardian cherub, You were on the holy mount of God; you walked among the fiery stone, I expelled you oh guardian cherub. (Rev 17:11 - the beast who once was [guardian cherub], and now is not [guardian cherub]

Isa 14:12-17 - How you have fallen from Heaven, O morning star, You said in your heart I will ascend to heaven, I will raise my throne above the stars of God, I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, I will make myself like the Most High. (compare to above, He will say unheard of things against the God of gods).

So this king of Daniel 11:36 has many of the attributes of Satan or the Dragon, Armies wage war against him, not so with the beast of Rev 13.

A lot to be considered.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Not really, when you come to realize that Dan. 11:36-39 was a prophecy of Caesar Augustus' puppet king over Isra'el, King Herod the Great. As an Idumean (an Edomite), his ancestry had come from Edom, but he never had any influence over Edom. He was a great builder, and a great politician, always kissing up to Marcus Antonius (Mark Anthony) and Caesar Augustus when his loyalty to Marcus Antonius was discovered to be a bet on a losing horse! Thus, his reach was not very long, and he was never able to affect those on the east side of the Yarden (Jordan) River.

None of the other verses that you mentioned apply to him, though. And, your addition to Matthew 24:15 is unacceptable. NOWHERE in Scripture are the Jews instructed to flee to Edom (south and southeast of the Dead Sea), Moab (east of the Dead Sea) or Ammon (northeast of the Dead Sea). Yeshua` just said for them to flee to the mountains ... the mountains of ISRA'EL, which today is called erroneously the "West Bank."

• Group:  Royal Member

Shalom, Montana Marv.

Things to consider:

He is titled as a king.

He has a very big mouth.

Who this king is:

A lot to be considered.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Not really, when you come to realize that Dan. 11:36-39 was a prophecy of Caesar Augustus' puppet king over Isra'el, King Herod the Great. As an Idumean (an Edomite), his ancestry had come from Edom, but he never had any influence over Edom. He was a great builder, and a great politician, always kissing up to Marcus Antonius (Mark Anthony) and Caesar Augustus when his loyalty to Marcus Antonius was discovered to be a bet on a losing horse! Thus, his reach was not very long, and he was never able to affect those on the east side of the Yarden (Jordan) River.

None of the other verses that you mentioned apply to him, though. And, your addition to Matthew 24:15 is unacceptable. NOWHERE in Scripture are the Jews instructed to flee to Edom (south and southeast of the Dead Sea), Moab (east of the Dead Sea) or Ammon (northeast of the Dead Sea). Yeshua` just said for them to flee to the mountains ... the mountains of ISRA'EL, which today is called erroneously the "West Bank."

Roy

I stand by what I have posted. If one takes a look at a map; Edom, Moab, and Ammon are all East of the Jordan River and the Dead Sea, part the Arabian peninsula. If one considers the Army from the South (Africa) making their way to Armageddon, there is only one avenue to get there and that is to march through Israel. Logically, the safest place for Israel to Flee to is East of the Jordan River as Scripture suggests.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Shalom, Montana Marv.

Shalom, Montana Marv.

Things to consider:

He is titled as a king.

He has a very big mouth.

Who this king is:

A lot to be considered.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Roy

I stand by what I have posted. If one takes a look at a map; Edom, Moab, and Ammon are all East of the Jordan River and the Dead Sea, part the Arabian peninsula. If one considers the Army from the South (Africa) making their way to Armageddon, there is only one avenue to get there and that is to march through Israel. Logically, the safest place for Israel to Flee to is East of the Jordan River as Scripture suggests.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Perhaps, but if you're talking about the "king of the South" in Dani'el 11, that was already done by one of the Ptolemies as the King of Egypt (depending on the verse). Any one coming from the east, would take the northerly route along the Euphrates and around the Fertile Crescent.

Besides, have you forgotten modern Jordan? They, as a state of Islam, would not take too kindly to Isra'eli refugees! They can run east, but they would be safest to stay within the borders of Isra'el! South of them is Arabia and Egypt, also two states of Islam, and the army "from Africa" would be marching along side of and would include Egypt!

Stand on that shaky ground all you want, but don't be surprised when the bottom drops out from under you!

It's just best to understand that the words in Dani'el 11 are already fulfilled. We have enough in other passages of Scripture to speak about our future. We don't need to complicate matters by wrenching Scriptures out of context and misapplying them to the wrong era.

r

Shalom, Montana Marv.

Shalom, Montana Marv.

Things to consider:

He is titled as a king.

He has a very big mouth.

Who this king is:

A lot to be considered.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Roy

In Christ

Montana Marv

Perhaps, but if you're talking about the "king of the South" in Dani'el 11, that was already done by one of the Ptolemies as the King of Egypt (depending on the verse). Any one coming from the east, would take the northerly route along the Euphrates and around the Fertile Crescent.

Besides, have you forgotten modern Jordan? They, as a state of Islam, would not take too kindly to Isra'eli refugees! They can run east, but they would be safest to stay within the borders of Isra'el! South of them is Arabia and Egypt, also two states of Islam, and the army "from Africa" would be marching along side of and would include Egypt!

Stand on that shaky ground all you want, but don't be surprised when the bottom drops out from under you!

It's just best to understand that the words in Dani'el 11 are already fulfilled. We have enough in other passages of Scripture to speak about our future. We don't need to complicate matters by wrenching Scriptures out of context and misapplying them to the wrong era.

Roy

Jordan of today may not be the Jordan of the future. Islam may not even be a viable religion when the beast of Rev 13 is in power. So your point is mute. The army from the north takes up that territory. The army from the east comes out of the east, not the north east. The safest way is to cross the Euphrates is over dry land, which is what Scripture says. Near the delta is a bigger miracle than an upper crossing. Two massive competing armies (north and east) in the same vicinity is a no no.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Roy

A quote from above post: Not really, when you come to realize that Dan. 11:36-39 was a prophecy of Caesar Augustus' puppet king over Isra'el, King Herod the Great. As an Idumean (an Edomite), his ancestry had come from Edom, but he never had any influence over Edom. He was a great builder, and a great politician, always kissing up to Marcus Antonius (Mark Anthony) and Caesar Augustus when his loyalty to Marcus Antonius was discovered to be a bet on a losing horse! Thus, his reach was not very long, and he was never able to affect those on the east side of the Yarden (Jordan) River.

You are a couple of thousand years off. So when did Caesar Augustus' puppet king Herod the Great become successful until the time of wrath is completed. This time of wrath is yet future.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Shalom, Montana Marv.

Roy

A quote from above post: Not really, when you come to realize that Dan. 11:36-39 was a prophecy of Caesar Augustus' puppet king over Isra'el, King Herod the Great. As an Idumean (an Edomite), his ancestry had come from Edom, but he never had any influence over Edom. He was a great builder, and a great politician, always kissing up to Marcus Antonius (Mark Anthony) and Caesar Augustus when his loyalty to Marcus Antonius was discovered to be a bet on a losing horse! Thus, his reach was not very long, and he was never able to affect those on the east side of the Yarden (Jordan) River.

You are a couple of thousand years off. So when did Caesar Augustus' puppet king Herod the Great become successful until the time of wrath is completed. This time of wrath is yet future.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Not really. The "time of wrath" is not "GOD'S wrath" (unless you want to think of it as against him) or it would have said so!. It was HEROD'S wrath - HEROD'S MADNESS - HEROD'S FROTHING AT THE MOUTH!

Verse 36 says this in the Hebrew:

Hebrew of Daniel 11:36

36 V-`aasaah kirtsownow hamelekh v-yitrowmeem v-yitgadil `al kaal eel v-`al Eel eeliym y-dabeer niflaa’owt v-hitsliyach `ad kaalaah za`am kiy necheraatsaah ne`esaataah:

36 V-`aasaah = 36 And-shall-do

kirtsownow = according-to-his-will

hamelekh = the-king

v-yitrowmeem = and-he-shall exalt-himself

v-yitgadil = and-he-shall-magnify-himself

`al = against

kaal = all/every

eel = god

v-`al = and-against

Eel = God

eeliym = of-gods

y-dabeer = he-shall-speak

niflaa’owt = shocking-things

v-hitsliyach = and-he-shall-prosper

`ad = to/unto/until

kaalaah = an-end

za`am = of-frothing-at-the-mouth

kiy = for

necheraatsaah = that-decided

ne`esaataah: = shall-be-accomplished:

36 And-shall-do according-to-his-will the-king and-he-shall exalt-himself and-he-shall-magnify-himself against all/every god and-against God of-gods he-shall-speak shocking-things and-he-shall-prosper to/unto/until an-end of-frothing-at-the-mouth for that-decided shall-be-accomplished:

Are you really going to say it was God "frothing at the mouth?!"