Sinners Saved by Grace

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

We hear a phrase once is a great while - "sinner saved by grace". Are we really?

There is "Sin" meaning who we are and "sin" meaning what we do. I can't take the time to research the Strong numbers for the two words are quote from "Vines Expository Dictionary of New Testament Word" this morning. If we are still sinners then what kind of victory is that and what part of "more than Conquerors" don't we understand.

Yes, I commit acts of sins, covertly and overtly, but it does not defind who I am. OK, I admit without Christ in me I can't stand in God's presense one day - I would be a Sinner, but I have passed from Death unto Life and I am a New Creature in Christ, the "old things" have passed away and all things have become "New". What part of "New Creature" don't we understand?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I am beginning to believe you are correct; we shouldn't be defining ourselves as "sinners".

Neb', I mean we have been imputed the "Righteousness of Christ", we have been justified, sanctified, atoned, redemned, and "called out". I mean somewhere it talks about the "New Man" and it is said, "we have this treasure in earthen vessels", we contain the essense of the Lord in our bodies. True, our outward bodies are not redemned, or saved yet,l therefore we can sin, but our spirits are complete in Christ and we wait for the deleiverance of our bodies - but we are not Sinners, but we do sin from time to time (me often :laugh: ).

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

Well, your right on target with this. There is a numerous amount of contextual passages that speak to this.

But at the very least, the most overlooked proof is that which is one of the most obvious.

"If the righteous is scarcely saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Believers are called "righteous".

Well, your right on target with this. There is a numerous amount of contextual passages that speak to this.

But at the very least, the most overlooked proof is that which is one of the most obvious.

"If the righteous is scarcely saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

excellent verse. :emot-highfive:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

excellent verse. :emot-highfive:

The neat thing about that verse is that it transcends the "old" and "new" testaments. In other words, its used in both. Therefore its a 'set standard' in God's eyes.

Consider this Nathan, at the very point be are born again we are sealed with the Holy Spirit, that is like branding a cow and by the brand saying that this is mine. Now would God put his name (brand) on a Sinner, or validate trash or filth or something that isn't pure, I think not. There has been celeb's who did not put his signature or face on a product because on the context was too racey or the product doesn't do what it says it will do.

God has honored his word and his name and will not validate a Sinner (being what one is opposite what one does), we are Saints (sancified ones who still have the ability to sin).

We hear a phrase once is a great while - "sinner saved by grace". Are we really?

There is "Sin" meaning who we are and "sin" meaning what we do. I can't take the time to research the Strong numbers for the two words are quote from "Vines Expository Dictionary of New Testament Word" this morning. If we are still sinners then what kind of victory is that and what part of "more than Conquerors" don't we understand.

Yes, I commit acts of sins, covertly and overtly, but it does not defind who I am. OK, I admit without Christ in me I can't stand in God's presense one day - I would be a Sinner, but I have passed from Death unto Life and I am a New Creature in Christ, the "old things" have passed away and all things have become "New". What part of "New Creature" don't we understand.

I sin but am not a sinner sounds like semantics.

We may be confusing our position with our nature.

Positionally, I am reigning with Christ now and seated with him in the heavenlies (Eph 2:6; Col 3:1), and

positionally, I am made (past tense) perfect forever (Heb 10:14).

Positionally, it is all completed.

However, in time I still have a sinful nature which is in the process of completion (perfection).

Ro 13:14 - "Clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature."

Gal 5:13 - "Do not use your freedom (in Christ--v.1) to indulge the sinful nature."

These are addressed to those who are born again.

I am still a sinner with the old nature, but I am a redeemed sinner with a new principle of life (eternal life of new nature) transforming the old nature.

Yes, you are axactly right, as I addressed that in the OP (see quote below). We can have an unrenewed mind and the flesh can arise within us, plus influences of the world and Satan. We have an Old Man and a New Man., there is a stuggle we fight every day.

There is "Sin" meaning who we are and "sin" meaning what we do.

Ronnie is not a sinner - final answer. :laugh: [Ronnie is me, btw]