• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I am of the mind that all angels are male, thus why the sons of God saw the daughters of men and left their first estate.

Zechariah 5:1-9

Zech 5:1 Then I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a flying roll.

Zech 5:2 And he said unto me, What seest thou? And I answered, I see a flying roll; the length thereof is twenty cubits, and the breadth thereof ten cubits.

Zech 5:3 Then said he unto me, This is the curse that goeth forth over the face of the whole earth: for every one that stealeth shall be cut off as on this side according to it; and every one that sweareth shall be cut off as on that side according to it.

Zech 5:4 I will bring it forth, saith the LORD of hosts, and it shall enter into the house of the thief, and into the house of him that sweareth falsely by my name: and it shall remain in the midst of his house, and shall consume it with the timber thereof and the stones thereof.

Zech 5:5 Then the angel that talked with me went forth, and said unto me, Lift up now thine eyes, and see what is this that goeth forth.

Zech 5:6 And I said, What is it? And he said, This is an ephah that goeth forth. He said moreover, This is their resemblance through all the earth.

Zech 5:7 And, behold, there was lifted up a talent of lead: and this is a woman that sitteth in the midst of the ephah.

Zech 5:8 And he said, This is wickedness. And he cast it into the midst of the ephah; and he cast the weight of lead upon the mouth thereof.

Zech 5:9 Then lifted I up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came out two women, and the wind was in their wings; for they had wings like the wings of a stork: and they lifted up the ephah between the earth and the heaven.

Zech 5:10 Then said I to the angel that talked with me, Whither do these bear the ephah?

Zech 5:11 And he said unto me, To build it an house in the land of Shinar: and it shall be established, and set there upon her own base.

- Is verse 9 referring to female angels

I have looked over the scriptures and have come up inconclusive. To me the 'two women' seem to be more symbolic than an actual representation of female beings with actual wings. Thanks for pointing out the scriptures for my consideration.

Gary

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  76
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Is it your opinion that when we die and are changed that we become angels?

Well;

Luke 20:34 And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage:

Luke 20:35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:

Luke 20:36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

"equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection"

- Would this indicate that the saints' resurrected bodies are equal unto the angels?

- Or would this passage indicate that resurrected saints are equal unto the angels in the children of God and dieing and marrying aspects.

- A note to make: it says: "for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection."

- Could the "and" be relating the "equal unto the angels" to the "children of God" (so that saints are equal unto the angels only in the children of God and dieing and marrying aspects) or could the "and" be simply stating another truth, and thus, separating the two phrases (so that the saints are equal unto the angels of God in every way)?

- Will saints have an equal body to the angels...

- Do angels have "bodies"......

- If God makes his angels spirits (Psalm 104:4), and

- spirits have not flesh and bones (Luke 24:37-39) as the Lord had (which is also our resurrected spiritual body - 1 Corinthians 15:44) --- indicating that angels which are spirits do not have a spiritual body...

- Then resurrected saints would not have bodies equal unto the angels...

- If this is true, Luke 20:35-36 must mean that the resurrected saints are only equal to the angels in the children of God and dieing and marrying aspects.

- The passage that needs explaining then is 1 Corinthians 15:40---

1 Corinthians 15:35-47

1Cor 15:35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?

1Cor 15:36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

1Cor 15:37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:

1Cor 15:38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

1Cor 15:39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.

1Cor 15:40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.

Verse 40.

The Greek word translated to English "celestial" comes from the same word used in Hebrews 11:12 "...the stars of the sky in multitude..." (indicating visible heavens...)

(but in Hebrew... there is the signification that heaven is: the "holy habitation" of the LORD - Deuteronomy 26:15, and it is asked that the LORD would "look down from" His "holy habitation")

- It is stated that "no man hath seen the Father" John 6:46

- Would verse 40 indicate that angels have celestial bodies?

- (Perhaps there is a difference between celestial and spiritual bodies...)

1Cor 15:41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.

1Cor 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

1Cor 15:43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

1Cor 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

1Cor 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

1Cor 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

1Cor 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

The Third Heaven

(2 Corinthians 12:1-4)

2Cor 12:1 It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.

2Cor 12:2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.

2Cor 12:3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)

2Cor 12:4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

What is "the third heaven" ?

- And why does Paul indicate "(whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)" and "he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter."...

Could the following be a correct interpretation:

JFB (Robert Jamieson, A. R. Fausset and David Brown) commentary:

The first heaven is that of the clouds, the air; the second, that of the stars, the sky; the third is spiritual (Ephesians 4:10).

First: clouds (air)

Second: stars (sky)

Third: Spiritual

Edited by Ephesians__6_24

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

who is Yeshua (Jesus) to you?

Jesus is Lord

and,

1 Timothy 3:16 indicates that God was manifest in the flesh...

John 10:30 indicates that Jesus and His Father are one.

Ephesians,

Please with the walls of scriptures and stuff intertwinned its very hard to see any kind of point, answer, positions you truly take, its as if your hiding behind scriptures not really addressing questions nor showing us all what you really mean by your posts.

Who is Yeshua to you? Yes I agree He is Lord, yes He is God in the flesh, and they are echad yet you did not say He was your Lord, do you bow to Him, do you claim Him as your Savior?

shalom,

Mizz

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Is it your opinion that when we die and are changed that we become angels?

Well;

Luke 20:34 And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage:

Luke 20:35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:

Luke 20:36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

"equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection"

- Would this indicate that the saints' resurrected bodies are equal unto the angels?

- Or would this passage indicate that resurrected saints are equal unto the angels in the children of God and dieing and marrying aspects.

- A note to make: it says: "for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection."

- Could the "and" be relating the "equal unto the angels" to the "children of God" (so that saints are equal unto the angels only in the children of God and dieing and marrying aspects) or could the "and" be simply stating another truth, and thus, separating the two phrases (so that the saints are equal unto the angels of God in every way)?

- Will saints have an equal body to the angels...

- Do angels have "bodies"......

- If God makes his angels spirits (Psalm 104:4), and

- spirits have not flesh and bones (Luke 24:37-39) as the Lord had (which is also our resurrected spiritual body - 1 Corinthians 15:44) --- indicating that angels which are spirits do not have a spiritual body...

- Then resurrected saints would not have bodies equal unto the angels...

- If this is true, Luke 20:35-36 must mean that the resurrected saints are only equal to the angels in the children of God and dieing and marrying aspects.

- The passage that needs explaining then is 1 Corinthians 15:40---

1 Corinthians 15:35-47

1Cor 15:35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?

1Cor 15:36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

1Cor 15:37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:

1Cor 15:38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

1Cor 15:39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.

1Cor 15:40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.

Verse 40.

The Greek word translated to English "celestial" comes from the same word used in Hebrews 11:12 "...the stars of the sky in multitude..." (indicating visible heavens...)

(but in Hebrew... there is the signification that heaven is: the "holy habitation" of the LORD - Deuteronomy 26:15, and it is asked that the LORD would "look down from" His "holy habitation")

- It is stated that "no man hath seen the Father" John 6:46

- Would verse 40 indicate that angels have celestial bodies?

- (Perhaps there is a difference between celestial and spiritual bodies...)

1Cor 15:41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.

1Cor 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

1Cor 15:43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

1Cor 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

1Cor 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

1Cor 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

1Cor 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

This is exactly what I asked you not to do, theres no answer here just more speculation on your part taken from walls of scriptures unrelated to one another that you seem to try and show that we are all going to be or are angels. The meaning of each of those 'angel' words are not what you want them to be, God never once tells us nor anywhere in scriptures do we find we will be changed to or taken back to angel form, period.

Threads closed.