nebula

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

Maturity is very important when parenting.

True "maturity" is following through with your word. He did that.

Like I said, he may use different threats from here on out though...LOL

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I believe the father has done well in disciplining the girl harshly; however his method was poor. He showed the same immaturity as the daughter in making his point ,which indicated a lack of good parenting skills, and could partly be the reason he has such a rebellious daughter. I think his method will work in subduing the girl temporarily but will set a precedent where she may think destroying property is a good way of making a point. He could simply have removed the computer and privately delivered his tongue lashing while making a strong commitment to retrain her. Shooting the computer was typical American side showing imo and soap opera stuff.

"American side" ?!!?

Well, I've told my son after he began to drive (we supplied his car/pay his insurance etc...) that if he ever messed up we would be having a Ford Explorer Bon Fire. I meant it, and he knows I meant it. If he gets caught drinking driving or anything else that is illegal he will be watching that vehicle burn.

My kids whole life they have known if I say there will be punishment for bad behavior, that it WILL happen. None of this no no don't do that, or hun why did you do that, please try better next time. Then continue on that endless route of teaching them they can do anything they want because your spineless. Then they grow into rotten adults. I know, I've seen them everyday of my life. I watch kids tell their parents what to do not the other way around...it makes me sick.

You go dad! Shoot that laptop...I would of done the same thing!!! I don't think the dad was immature, he was following through with what he said he was going to do, he was being true to his words. If anything it will maybe make him think before something so grandiose comes out of his mouth..LOL...I've said I would burn my kids car, now if he messes up I will have to do it....I don't lie. Although, my kids are good! I won't ever have to go there, know why? Because I have taught them from the time they could understand that I follow through....I love my babies...and they are so far growing into wonderful responsible people.

I'm brining a bag of those huge campfire marshmallows and some skewers if you have to follow thorugh sis, but I know you won't because your kids take you seriously.:wub::P

Well, I've told my son after he began to drive (we supplied his car/pay his insurance etc...) that if he ever messed up we would be having a Ford Explorer Bon Fire. I meant it, and he knows I meant it. If he gets caught drinking driving or anything else that is illegal he will be watching that vehicle burn.

My kids whole life they have known if I say there will be punishment for bad behavior, that it WILL happen. None of this no no don't do that, or hun why did you do that, please try better next time. Then continue on that endless ro. ute of teaching them they can do anything they want because your spineless. Then they grow into rotten adults. I know, I've seen them everyday of my life. I watch kids tell their parents what to do not the other way around...it makes me sick.

You go dad! Shoot that laptop...I would of done the same thing!!!

Would you post your son's car burning on facebook? Oh better yet why don't we start posting smacking our kids online so the whole world can see what great disciplinariians we are The punishment is fine but the side show is immature.

Oh get over it. This has nothing to do with "smacking" or abusing that child. I've NEVER had to smack my kids....hint hint...because I follow through with what punishment I say they will receive if they mess up.

No I wouldn't post it on facebook.....but thats my personal choice. I doubt he would have either if he would of known what kind of response he was going to get.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I believe the father has done well in disciplining the girl harshly; however his method was poor. He showed the same immaturity as the daughter in making his point ,which indicated a lack of good parenting skills, and could partly be the reason he has such a rebellious daughter. I think his method will work in subduing the girl temporarily but will set a precedent where she may think destroying property is a good way of making a point. He could simply have removed the computer and privately delivered his tongue lashing while making a strong commitment to retrain her. Shooting the computer was typical American side showing imo and soap opera stuff.

Did you read the whole story?

His daughter had previously bad-mouthed her parents on Facebook. He gave removed her computer rights and gave her a tongue lashing. It did not work!

He made his punishment public to her FB wall because she spoke vile things against her parents in public on FB, and many of her friends thought it "cute". So, as he said in the video, he was teaching them a lesson as well.

Do you have any experience trying to discipline a teen with the kind of attitude she expressed?

"American side" ?!!?

My kids whole life they have known if I say there will be punishment for bad behavior, that it WILL happen. None of this no no don't do that, or hun why did you do that, please try better next time. Then continue on that endless route of teaching them they can do anything they want because your spineless. Then they grow into rotten adults. I know, I've seen them everyday of my life. I watch kids tell their parents what to do not the other way around...it makes me sick.

You go dad! Shoot that laptop...I would of done the same thing!!! I don't think the dad was immature, he was following through with what he said he was going to do, he was being true to his words. If anything it will maybe make him think before something so grandiose comes out of his mouth..LOL...I've said I would burn my kids car, now if he messes up I will have to do it....I don't lie. Although, my kids are good! I won't ever have to go there, know why? Because I have taught them from the time they could understand that I follow through....I love my babies...and they are so far growing into wonderful responsible people.

I'm brining a bag of those huge campfire marshmallows and some skewers if you have to follow thorugh sis, but I know you won't because your kids take you seriously.:wub::P

99.9 percent chance I will never have to follow through with that threat...Praise God...I'de hate to burn a perfectly good vehicle.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

As an example of this attitude this very evening. My Daughter is in a school play. She's earned a spot. :emot-highfive: Now she has a contract that I have to sign that she will meet all of their standards. I just read each one aloud while she protested and made her agree to them prior to my signature. It also stated that she will be obedient to the Teachers and have no disciplinary problems with any teaher while assigned to this play.

Much to her protest I wrote into the contract in huge letters and bold black ink that Obedience starts at home and that she will not have any disciplinary problems at home first or esle all of the actions including dismissal would happen here first.:emot-handshake:

You should have seen how embarrassed and red faced she was because I wrote on her contract. Her Mother was applauding because recently she got in big trouble for an episode in the morning in which she and her brother were very disobedient to their Mom and petty too. Thankfully I saw it and they were both punished accordingly. Her Mother was driving her to school every day because she hates the bus. She's on the bus now until further notice.

Our daughter and son know we mean what we say.:thumbsup:

His daughter had previously bad-mouthed her parents on Facebook. He gave removed her computer rights and gave her a tongue lashing. It did not work!

He made his punishment public to her FB wall because she spoke vile things against her parents in public on FB, and many of her friends thought it "cute". So, as he said in the video, he was teaching them a lesson as well.

Do you have any experience trying to discipline a teen with the kind of attitude she expressed?

You know neb, you've made me think. I see teens/elementary age/toddlers all the time behaving horribly in public. While their parents cower and shhh shhh them so as not to make a scene. Kids can throw public fits and speak vile things...but when a parent disciplines publicaly they are demonized. I don't mean beating your child in public either...but latching hold and taking them out is ok with me. I mean out to leave, not "taking them out" as in smiting them....lol

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

I don't know. There's something about the destruction of property and instilling of fear into a child that is not very Christ-like. Should we teach our children to destroy property when they don't agree with something or if someone says something terrible about them? It's not only immature, it's a crime in the adult world. I would try a more gentler approach. But, I haven't parented a teenager yet, so I guess we'll see. lol

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

You know neb, you've made me think. I see teens/elementary age/toddlers all the time behaving horribly in public. While their parents cower and shhh shhh them so as not to make a scene. Kids can throw public fits and speak vile things...but when a parent disciplines publicaly they are demonized.

Ironic, isn't it?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

You know neb, you've made me think. I see teens/elementary age/toddlers all the time behaving horribly in public. While their parents cower and shhh shhh them so as not to make a scene. Kids can throw public fits and speak vile things...but when a parent disciplines publicaly they are demonized. I don't mean beating your child in public either...but latching hold and taking them out is ok with me. I mean out to leave, not "taking them out" as in smiting them....lol

yep, remember it well.