IGNORED

You can get coins from when Jesus was here.

bobby0

Over the centuries billions of low value coins were minted by the Romans and since coins are quite difficult to destroy very many of them are still around. Here in the UK and in other parts of Europe it's not unusual to come across them whilst digging, particularly if you live near a Roman road or settlement. Silver and gold coins are rare and valuabe but copper coins in mediocre condition can be bought very cheaply. There's a coin dealerip opposite the British Museum in London where they have (last time I went in that is) a bowl full of denarii which they sell for £2 each, and will give you arun down of what it is and roughly when it was minted.

These thing are too common to be worth faking

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  615
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

They sall them online and they are real, old, authentic coins from that period. And they don't cost much. I am adding some to my collection.

It is probably a sham. Coins that rare are not sold over the Internet. They are catalogued and stored away in the back rooms of museums and research facilities. I would not spend my hard earned money on them. All you will get are facsimilies and not the real coins.

You can buy coins from the Roman Empire pretty cheaply. They were numerous and they are still not that rare due to the amount of them that was made. I do not trade coins, but I trade Gold Bullion and I see Roman coins in the bullion dealers collection pretty much every time I am in there. I have never paid them a whole lot of attention, but I am quite sure I have seen some of them under $50.

We have an old roman coin from that period it cost us about 10 dollars several years ago, some coins like the one we bought are really just junk coins from what I know and I dont know much. But coins from the Israel from Yeshuas time would be worth a huge price tag.

Manhy of those same coins you refer to as "junk" were around during Jesus time and they circulated throughout the entire Roman empire, Including Jerusalem.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I think I'm going to get some.

I think I'm going to get some.

I might buy a couple myself.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

We have an old roman coin from that period it cost us about 10 dollars several years ago, some coins like the one we bought are really just junk coins from what I know and I dont know much. But coins from the Israel from Yeshuas time would be worth a huge price tag.

Manhy of those same coins you refer to as "junk" were around during Jesus time and they circulated throughout the entire Roman empire, Including Jerusalem.

That is not my term but one the sellers use.

Guest AndrewCothran

They sall them online and they are real, old, authentic coins from that period. And they don't cost much. I am adding some to my collection.

Bobby thats a scam .. beware