rejoicevermore

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

If you really want to promote freedom to those you perceive to be "ensnared", let me give you a few tips:

1. Avoid calling them evil, satanists, demon-possessed, unsaved, prideful, etc, etc..

2. Seek the Holy Spirit's guidance about the best time and place to offer the truth.

3. If a person isn't ready to hear what you have to say, wait. What's the hurry? God is in control. Everything happens in due time.

4. Avoid repeating yourself. This is not only annoying, but it comes across like nagging and condemnation.

5. Pray more than you talk. Sometimes I think ppl tend to forget that the Holy Spirit is the best teacher. You can say the most eloquent thing and be very convincing, but if it lacks the power of the Holy Spirit, if it lacks love...it's like a loud, annoying sound...even painful to hear.

I've said this a thousand times, but it's worth repeating again: Encourage those weaker in the faith to grow closer to the Lord, challenge them to get into God's Word and listen to the Holy Spirit for themselves. Don't try to be the Holy Spirit for them.

Edit: I should've added, don't twist scripture in order to force your conviction on others....

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

Scriptures for celebration Halloween.

Hosea 4:6; My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

Ezekiel 44:23 And they shall teach my people the difference between the holy and profane, and cause them to discern between the unclean and the clean.

Deuteronomy 18:9-14 When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.

10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,

11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

13 Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God.

14 For these nations, which thou shalt possess, hearkened unto observers of times, and unto diviners: but as for thee, the LORD thy God hath not suffered thee so to do.

Deuteronomy 7:25,26 The graven images of their gods shall ye burn with fire: thou shalt not desire the silver or gold that is on them, nor take it unto thee, lest thou be snared therein: for it is an abomination to the LORD thy God.

26 Neither shalt thou bring an abomination into thine house, lest thou be a cursed thing like it: but thou shalt utterly detest it, and thou shalt utterly abhor it; for it is a cursed thing. The graven images of their gods shall ye burn with fire: thou shalt not desire the silver or gold that is on them, nor take it unto thee, lest thou be snared therein: for it is an abomination to the LORD thy God.

James 1:27; Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

II Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?;

I Corinthians 10:19-23;19 What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing?

20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

"The essential weapon of legalism is ignorance. It is ignoring those who are able to show you how you are wrong and press on with what you believed before. It is ignoring all logic and interpretation of scripture and only accepting what benefits your beliefs. The only way a legalist can survive in their beliefs is to ignore all opposition."

1Co 1:21  For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Ro 1:22  Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

1Co 1:18  For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Hosea 4:6; My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

LT

You know, I never see where Jesus beat ppl over the head with Scripture. He always used the truth in combination with grace.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

You know, I never see where Jesus beat ppl over the head with Scripture. He always used the truth in combination with grace.

Fig trees were an entirely different matter though. :)

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

Az,

Fig trees were an entirely different matter though.

God Bless you my friend. :) :oww:

It was a very legal Fig Tree though. :t2: It thought it had a degree to practice Law. When really it was to walk by Faith. :)

Keep plugging along AZ.

Peace,

Dave

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  230
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Super Jew

"The essential weapon of legalism is ignorance. It is ignoring those who are able to show you how you are wrong and press on with what you believed before. It is ignoring all logic and interpretation of scripture and only accepting what benefits your beliefs. The only way a legalist can survive in their beliefs is to ignore all opposition."

The term "legalism" can have both bad and good nuances. Simply considering the letter of the law, believing and teaching that salvation is a result of man's good works, or that man is saved without grace constitute legalism in the terrible sense of the term. Nonetheless, believing and teaching that the Christian must comply with God's laws out of love for God is not sinful but good and required. To simplistically say that all who stress conformity to law are legalists and, therefore, bad, is to sinfully indict the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (I Sam. 15 22, 23; Matt. 7: 21-27; I Jn. 5: 3). I shall close by quoting the inspired apostle John, "And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word; in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him" (I Jn. 2: 3-5).

~Kindness leads to repentance. (Romans 2:4)

~Love compels obedience. (John 14:15)

~Grace should be combined with truth. (John 1:17;2 Peter 3:18)

~It's the Holy Spirit's job to convict. (I Corinthians 2:12-13)

By hammering ppl with scriptures and forcing your convictions on others, you contradict all of the scriptural statements above.

No one is disagreeing that we should all live in obedience to Christ, geeze. The problem is that you perceive "disputable matters" to be law, many of the rest of us perceive them as matters of personal conviction. If God has convicted you not to celebrate Halloween, then it would be sin for you to do so and it's commendable for you to hold to that conviction. However, you cross the line whenever you begin to define what is sin for someone else.

"And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace. For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ." John 1:16-17

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  230
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Another thing.......whenever you feel bad about a thread, go to the prayer forum, read and pray. It helps so much!!!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Greetings Tess,

I really do not understand how you think I am "beat ppl over the head with Scripture." I find that the word is refered to as water for washing.

Eph 5:26  That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

I find that it is refered to as seed also, by which we are born again and produce fruit.

Lu 8:11  Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

1Pe 1:23  Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

It is also refered to as a sword which pierces to the innermost parts of our being, even the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Eph 6:17  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Heb 4:12  For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

It is even refered to as light that shines in darkness. I love the light.

2Pe 1:19