• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

~Kindness leads to repentance. (Romans 2:4)

~Love compels obedience. (John 14:15)

~Grace should be combined with truth. (John 1:17;2 Peter 3:18)

~It's the Holy Spirit's job to convict. (I Corinthians 2:12-13)

By hammering ppl with scriptures and forcing your convictions on others, you contradict all of the scriptural statements above.

No one is disagreeing that we should all live in obedience to Christ, geeze. The problem is that you perceive "disputable matters" to be law, many of the rest of us perceive them as matters of personal conviction. If God has convicted you not to celebrate Halloween, then it would be sin for you to do so and it's commendable for you to hold to that conviction. However, you cross the line whenever you begin to define what is sin for someone else.

"And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace. For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ." John 1:16-17

Tess,

You speak with such wisdom! I've been in churches where that you were "beat over the head" with disputable matters such as TV or secular music. One guy got up and started in as to how you could tell how close a person is to God by seeing where their radio station is sitting at! :oww: I make no secret that I listen to CLEAN, DECENT secular music like Roy Acuff and Hank Williams, Sr. and I don't feel wrong in this. Nowhere is it in the Scriptures that one should not do so. Same thing with TV. Guy got up telling how that he had this beautiful $900 TV that he didn't watch anymore and he wished his family would stop watching it. If that's the Lord's conviction on you, fine, but don't shove it off on me!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

HALLOWEEN AND THE OCCULT

(A True Story)

How do you know it's true? Oh yeah, you read it on the Internet.

I had learned that the pagan Sabot of Samhain was a time when the barrier between the mundane and astral planes was very thin and departed spirits easily crossed over.

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

One word to describe this topic: P-A-R-A-N-0-I-A

i couldn't have spelled it better myself.

When someone sees evil in candles, medicine, doctors and the phrase, "take care", you have a PROBLEM!!! You need some help. You find evil in things that are not necessarily evil at all and in doing so, you are giving the devil way more credit than he is due.

And your scriptures are out of context, as to be expected.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I am not into celebrating the evil.

Our church has a fall festival on/around Halloween for the community. We have games, candy, jumping things, rock climb, free hotdogs, cotton candy, popcorn, etc. We also have a stage with gospel presentation through the preacher, a talking dummy doll, and the kids puppet team. We give them tracts and I am going to do faith bracelets with them in groups, present the gospel, and pray some may come to know Jesus. I have not done the faith bracelet thing before so please pray it all will go well and some may get saved or grow in their understanding of Jesus.

The preacher does magic tricks as a way of introducing the gospel.

When I first started reading the letter from that guy I thought you were telling us about your life....then I realized who the letter was from!

Guest LightLink

Lol, I cry your pardon, but I must say that I think yall are all reading too much into it.

Nowadays holoween is nothing more than a day where kids go out dressed in something fun, and get free candy...other than that, theres nothing.

As to its origins, I know not completely, but I do know it is not inherintly christian, as most christian holidays are not.

But realy, its just candy and costumes, nothing evil about it :huh:

Oh, and its true, halloween holds of no real importants to satanists and/or wiccans. :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  372
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  12/20/1990

Most people in my school go to halloween parties or trick or treat.It is just not me.I don't like trick or treating I just like candy.My parents usually buy my brother and me candy.I think halloween is like any other day.Kids act foolish rolling yards and throwing eggs at houses.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  230
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

hahahahaha! ROTF! Do you actually believe that?

Halloween = Hallowed Eve. Hallowed, as in hallowed be thy name as in HOLY. As in HOLY EVE. HALLOWEEN WAS STARTED as a CHRISTIAN Celebration, the night before All Saints Day.

Pr 1:22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?

23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;

25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:

26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;

27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.

28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:

29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:

30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.

31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.

32 For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.

33 But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

I wander if some people ever pray for wisdom?

Jas 3:15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

• Topic Count:  120
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

HALLOWEEN AND THE OCCULT

(A True Story)

Witchcraft is very real but greatly misunderstood. I know because witchcraft goes back on the paternal side of my family for over five generations to Chesterfield, Massachusetts in 1770.

My great grandmother became a well-known witch in Wisconsin in the early days of this century. Caroline was a blind witch and used her fingers to read palms and also became adept at putting