GlidingWings

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  345
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  4

I wanted to ask the posters here concerning the Gideon’s’ bible.

Question one is:

Does anyone here read or study from The Gideon’s Bible? Do you think it is considered a good copy write of Kings James or of original scroll Hebrew and Greek translated Bible in English?

Question number 2 is:

How did the Gideon Bible become one of the most popular distributed Bibles in Hospitals and Motels? I mean how did Gideon convince motels and hospitals to keep these? Who was actually giving them these Bibles to keep for stay over people to read?

Question 3 is:

What inspired or what was the idea to produce the Gideon Bible Version? Do you also believe approaching these last days Hospitals and motels will start to throw out these Bibles?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1957

Question one is:

Does anyone here read or study from The Gideon’s Bible? Do you think it is considered a good copy write of Kings James or of original scroll Hebrew and Greek translated Bible in English?

Question number 2 is:

How did the Gideon Bible become one of the most popular distributed Bibles in Hospitals and Motels? I mean how did Gideon convince motels and hospitals to keep these? Who was actually giving them these Bibles to keep for stay over people to read?

Question 3 is:

What inspired or what was the idea to produce the Gideon Bible Version? Do you also believe approaching these last days Hospitals and motels will start to throw out these Bibles?

Those are interesting questions. I have no idea but are'nt the Gideons a denomination of a church?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I don't know. But what I do know is that I have sat in more than one motel room with a Gideon in my hand and in hindsight am thankful for their ministry.

Gary

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  04/02/1957

I don't know. But what I do know is that I have sat in more than one motel room with a Gideon in my hand and in hindsight am thankful for their ministry.

Gary

I have been thankful to find the Bibles in my hotel room too. I read a little on line and found out the Gideons are an organization of people from many protestant religions. They are committed to spreading the gospel of Jesus. The Bible first used was King James. Now I think it is the American Standard.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  33

Gideon's is an awesome ministry thumbsup.gif

http://www.gideons.org/

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,738
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

The "gideon" Bible is a KJV bible, unaltered, unchanged. The gideon symbol and name refers to the ministry that placed them The gideons is a group of christian businessmen, from several different denominations who distribute Bibles freely anywhere they can-colleges, hospitals, hotels, etc. The reason they use the KJV is because it is about the only translation that isnt copyrighted, so they can freely mass produce it without having to pay royalties, which allows them to purchase and distribute more Bibles. The reason theyre the most commonly found in hotels-is because their probaby the largest free distributer of Bibles, certainly in America, likely in the world, and the gideons themselves place them there (with permission from the owners) They also distribute globally-even in places where other missionaries cannot. (they were even allowed limited distribution to hotels in china during the last olympics)

• 2 weeks later...

Question one is:

Question number 2 is:

Question 3 is:

http://www.gideons.org/

Love It

The Gideons International, founded in 1899, serves as an extended missionary arm of the church and is the oldest association of Christian businessmen and professional men in the United States of America. Here are some highlights from our long history of service:

The Idea—In the autumn of 1898, John H. Nicholson of Janesville, Wisconsin, came to the Central Hotel at Boscobel, Wisconsin, for the night. The hotel being crowded, it was suggested that he take a bed in a double room with Samuel E. Hill of Beloit, Wisconsin. The two men soon discovered that both were Christians. They had their evening devotions together, and on their knees before God the thoughts were given which later developed into an association.

First Meeting Called —On May 31, 1899, the two men met again at Beaver Dam, Wisconsin, where they concluded to band Christian commercial travelers together for mutual recognition, personal evangelism, and united service for the Lord. They decided to call a meeting in Janesville, Wisconsin on July 1, 1899, in the Y.M.C.A.

http://www.gideons.o...OurHistory.aspx

Use It

But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?

And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Then the high priest rent his clothes, and saith, What need we any further witnesses?

Ye have heard the blasphemy: what think ye? And they all condemned him to be guilty of death.

And some began to spit on him, and to cover his face, and to buffet him, and to say unto him, Prophesy: and the servants did strike him with the palms of their hands. Mark 14:62-65

Believe It

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers.

Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions immutable.

This Book contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers.

Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy.

It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler's map, the pilgrim's staff, the pilot's compass, the soldier's sword, and the Christian's charter.

Christ is its subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end.

It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet.

Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.

It is given to you in life, will be open in the judgement, and be remembered forever.

It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and condemns all who trifle with its holy precepts.

From The Front Of My Gideon New Testament

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  366

The "gideon" Bible is a KJV bible, unaltered, unchanged. The gideon symbol and name refers to the ministry that placed them The gideons is a group of christian businessmen, from several different denominations who distribute Bibles freely anywhere they can-colleges, hospitals, hotels, etc. The reason they use the KJV is because it is about the only translation that isnt copyrighted, so they can freely mass produce it without having to pay royalties, which allows them to purchase and distribute more Bibles. The reason theyre the most commonly found in hotels-is because their probaby the largest free distributer of Bibles, certainly in America, likely in the world, and the gideons themselves place them there (with permission from the owners) They also distribute globally-even in places where other missionaries cannot. (they were even allowed limited distribution to hotels in china during the last olympics)

But the sad news is that Gideon's has switched from using the KJV to using the NKJV.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

But the sad news is that Gideon's has switched from using the KJV to using the NKJV.

Sad! :emot-shakehead:

The Gideon Bible is no different than our KJV and our NIV, it is just a ministry placing the Bible and the NIV in hotel's and motel's.

• Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  366

Sad! :emot-shakehead:

The Gideon Bible is no different than our KJV and our NIV, it is just a ministry placing the Bible and the NIV in hotel's and motel's.

:noidea: The Gideon people use the NKJV now, they like nearly every other Christian organization have walked away away from the KJV and i must say it is ignorant of them to do so,

since they had alot of success in using the KJV.