WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.44
  • Content Count:  44,469
  • Content Per Day:  7.19
  • Days Won:  2

Afghan rage over the burning of Qurans by NATO troops continued Thursday even after a President Barack Obama apologized for the "error."

http://www.worthynews.com/top/edition-cnn-com-2012-02-23-world-asia-afghanistan-burned-qurans-index-html-hpt-hp_t3/

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  04/30/1971

Afghan rage over the burning of Qurans by NATO troops continued Thursday even after a President Barack Obama apologized for the "error."

http://www.worthynews.com/top/edition-cnn-com-2012-02-23-world-asia-afghanistan-burned-qurans-index-html-hpt-hp_t3/

I cannot express how frustrated I am by this situation. It makes me sick that our commander-in-chief is begging forgiveness - again - of those who not only think absolutely nothing of burning our flag, but can and do happily murder our citizens. I find it even more offensive that he is promising to punish those responsible for this "great atrocity." As if the burning of a book, regardless of how sacred some may find it to be, is worthy of a human life. I am sick of seeing this country apologize to the people who not only plot to murder us but who celebrate in the streets when they succeed. Right now, untold numbers of lives are being lost in Syria every day. I have heard all sorts of people asking why someone doesn't do something to stop it. By someone, they usually mean the US. Yet every time we have tried to step in and stop this kind of wholesale slaughter, we wind up being the "bad guys" in the eyes of the very people we were trying to save. Never mind how the rest of the world likes to sit on their duffs and call us "warmongers" and "murderers." I used to be a firm believer in the need for the US to be involved in global relations. I based that on WWII when the US tried to stay out of it, but got attacked and sucked in anyway. But after the way things have gone the past few decades, I say we need to stay home and let the rest of the world deal with their own problems. This includes ceasing providing billions of dollars to other nations for "humanitarian" reasons. Sorry about all the global deaths from genocide, famine, disease, and cultural or political wars. Why don't you ask France for help?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

I have never seen any president "apologize on behalf of my country" so much in my life. I truly pray that people will wake up in the next nine months and see this man for what he is.

Edited by Gael

Guest shiloh357

The president should not have offered any apology whatsover.

At the same time, burning the Korans was a stupid thing to do. The Korans were already corrupted by terrorists who wrote in them. The books should have been locked up and should have been used as a means to turn the Muslim community against the terrorists. Let the greater Muslim community come down on the radicals for their desecration of the Koran. Whoever ordered the Korans to be burned was very foolish.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,924
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

Meanwhile . . .

Complete silence from the WH on this issue.

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, FOX NEWS HOST: And there's, of course, nothing that the United States can do for this pastor in Iran. We've got enough problems with Iran. I mean, except for to plea that -- plea that...

THE REV. FRANKLIN GRAHAM: I think there is things -- the president could -- he could call for a prayer meeting at the -- at the White House. He could -- he could make a statement. We apologized to the Afghans because a Koran was mistakenly burned and this Koran had been used in smuggling out messages out of Bagram prison. And he apologizes to the Afghans after an Afghan soldier killed two Americans!

But why doesn't he speak out? He could. He could use the power of the White House to call pastors together at the White House and have a prayer meeting for this guy, but he hasn't done it.

Blessings!

-Ed

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  517
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

I've read the outrage on this thread and dread responding. Nonetheless, I will say I see nothing wrong with Obama apologizing. As I see it, his actions are not the response of pride, and while they burn our flag and so many here in America bash him, he, as all children of God do, just keeps turning the other cheek and returns good for evil.