• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

The gods of all the false religions have a grave or they never were mortal men in the first place and they are merely made out of wood, stone or metal. Our God is alive and well, there is no grave, because Jesus Christ conquered the grave, he conquered death.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I believe in the existence of God with all of my heart. But, why Christianity or Jesus?

Please give me reasons of why Jesus is real and why I should I believe in Him.

There are so many religions around the world, why not believe in them?

Firstly, there are many religions, but only Christianity has Jesus the only Son of God in it..:)

Secondly he was solid flesh and blood and seen by the entire nation of Israel and the Roman garrison.

Thirdly, Jesus said- "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does...

"For I have not spoken on my own authority; but the Father who sent me gave me a command, what I should say and what I should speak" (John 5:19 and 12:49)

In other words we hear God himself speaking through Jesus's mouth and see God's power working through him to perform miracles.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I believed in God with all my heart and was without Jesus for 5 years. I had no idea who God was or which religion if any was right. I simply refused to accept any of them and began a relationship with God through watching and prayer. He led me to himself and showed me his mighty hands.

You don't have to trust any of these people, including me, as God himself will guide you right to him if you are sincere in your heart in wanting to know him.

Good luck, those who seek find and those who knock he opens up to. Just remember to obey the light he gives you or he will leave you in the dark.

Gary

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Birthday:  08/18/1979

Why should we believe in Jesus?

Now that is a very good question, and one that is not always easy to answer. But here is my answer.

Before I became a Christian, I looked at many of the worlds religions, I have relatives who are Sikhs, friends who are pagan, family members who are Atheist, I would read books on Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, and a whole host of other faiths.

During this reading I found something that was certainly very attractive, they all promised eternal life as long as I worked hard enough for it and was good enough for it.

However, this left a problem within me. I realized that for every good thing I did, I would do something bad. Often I would inadvertently do 2 or more things bad for every good thing I did. If I was too keep a record of everything I did, both good and bad, it would be almost impossible for me to tip the scales to a good balance. I based this on knowledge of who I was (and still am in many respects). I was greedy, self centered, suicidal, filled with hatred and envy, and a whole bunch of other things.

To make right on my many sins was going to take a long long time, and while I was trying to do right I would more than likely forget and slip back and do wrong, therefore adding more negativity to my balance (this by the way is referred to as a works salvation).

At that point some friends of mine invited me to a christian church, where I found a different belief system, one that does not require me to work for my salvation, but one that gives me salvation for free. By believing in Jesus, all my sins could be forgiven, this is a total reversal from other faiths I looked at.

This is what led me to Christ, the idea that no matter how bad I had been, I could be forgiven.

Now do not get me wrong, Christians are still expected to do good works, that is in the manner of loving your neighbor as yourself. Also the works a Christian does are in the manner of showing how his faith is working within him (referred to as the fruit of the Spirit). But a Christians salvation is not based on his works but in his faith in God.

So why believe in Jesus? Simply put, Christians have a hope of eternal life that is not based earning our way into heaven, but is instead based on Loving Jesus and being loved BY God.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  9

hi guys....

I am from Sri Lanka.

I believe in the existence of God with all of my heart. But, why Christianity or Jesus?

Please give me reasons of why Jesus is real and why I should I believe in Him.

There are so many religions around the world, why not believe in them?

Blessings.

Hello from florida! I don't know if this will help you but the reason I believe in Jesus is because He is God. And God says that there is no greater love than this...that a man lay down his life for his brother. That is what God did! HE showed the greatest possilble love that could ever exist. God became man( in the form of Jesus) and lived among the men that He created. He tought them about love and the Gospel, and how we should share the same love he shared with us with our fellow human brothers and sisters.

And then He suffered and died in my( your) place as a final sacrifice, and gave us the ability to be His brother. Wow! God loves us so much that he showed us the greatest love and made us a part of him..what an inheritance!

No other God has that record, or that kind of love. He creates us, He loves us, He dies for us, and then we become part of Him.

May the Lord Jesus christ open your eyes to His sacrifice and love for us.