WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.44
  • Content Count:  44,485
  • Content Per Day:  7.19
  • Days Won:  2

Atheists in Polk County symbolically scrubbed away at a major highway leading into the county Saturday.

http://www.worthynews.com/top/baynews9-com-content-news-baynews9-news-article-html-content-news-articles-bn9-2012-3-17-offended_by_religiou/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Using "unholy water"? I'd have to object to their claim to "Come in peace." Sounds like their are subtly declaring war.

I hope the PUP group responds with grace, love, and prayer.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Well....... They can't take anything out of Gods hand anyway. :thumbsup:

Good luck scrubbing away any Blessing with anything;

Mt 16:19

And I will give unto you the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever you shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever you shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. :wub:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

One more example of atheists reacting in a terrified manner to something they swear doesn't exist. I wonder if they're afraid they'll be struck dead by the blessings or something? It doesn't matter what nonsensical reasons for their behavior they put forth, they surely make apparent who they serve. And no, they can't get rid of blessings even if they nuke them. What a bunch of morons. :rolleyes:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, I do notice that they (not all but quite a number of them) do feel the need to rail against something they claim does not exist or cannot prove to exist.

I would think they would ignore the blessing and go their merry way in ignorance but Romans explains the nature of the sinner- they wouldn't like hearing that they are without excuse for not "knowing" God exist.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  04/30/1971

This was my favorite part:

PUP director Richard Geringswald said his group had been blessing the county line.

"And praying for that entryway in to the city, that God would protect us from evildoers, mainly the drug crowd, that they would be dissuaded to come in to the county," Geringswald said.

But Humanists of Florida members don't see it that way. They say it makes them feel unwelcome.

"It sends a very bad signal to everyone in Polk County, and (anyone) who travels through Polk county who doesn't happen to be Christian,” Palmer said, “This event is not about atheist rights; this is about welcoming everybody into Polk county."

I absolutely love how the Christian group says their intent was to pray that evildoers - primarily drug users, dealers, and traffickers - would be dissuaded from coming into the county and the atheists turn around and say it makes them feel unwelcome.

The article says this "war" has been going on for a while now, so I can only assume that the atheists responded to this blessing because they just couldn't bear to let something so "offensive" go. Yet, not one of them has the sense to realize that their response just makes them look like a bunch of morons who feel the need to "stand up" for the poor, oppressed members of the drug culture and trade. Or maybe they really were offended because they're part of that culture and this "blessing" might somehow force them to stay out of the county. It's just so ignorant how far some people will go and how blind they become to the absurdity of their own words and actions.

Edited to add that I'd be curious to know how some of our resident atheists feel about this incident.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

This was my favorite part:

PUP director Richard Geringswald said his group had been blessing the county line.

"And praying for that entryway in to the city, that God would protect us from evildoers, mainly the drug crowd, that they would be dissuaded to come in to the county," Geringswald said.

But Humanists of Florida members don't see it that way. They say it makes them feel unwelcome.

"It sends a very bad signal to everyone in Polk County, and (anyone) who travels through Polk county who doesn't happen to be Christian,” Palmer said, “This event is not about atheist rights; this is about welcoming everybody into Polk county."

I absolutely love how the Christian group says their intent was to pray that evildoers - primarily drug users, dealers, and traffickers - would be dissuaded from coming into the country and the atheists turn around and say it makes them feel unwelcome.

The article says this "war" has been going on for a while now, so I can only assume that the atheists responded to this blessing because they just couldn't bear to let something so "offensive" go. Yet, not one of them has the sense to realize that their response just makes them look like a bunch of morons who feel the need to "stand up" for the poor, oppressed members of the drug culture and trade. Or maybe they really were offended because they're part of that culture and this "blessing" might somehow force them to stay out of the county. It's just so ignorant how far some people will go and how blind they become to the absurdity of their own words and actions.

Edited to add that I'd be curious to know how some of our resident atheists feel about this incident.

Me too, winsome, but our resident atheists can't post here (although I believe they can read anything they care to). Maybe one of them will start a thread about the atheist view of things like this?