Jon The Jew

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Here are some facts about WWII which, by today's standards, would make it the wrong war at the wrong time.

1. Germany didn't attack us, Japan did. Yet when Operation Overlord was thought up, America went with a "Europe first" campaign. While we were training in England for nearly a year, spending our focus, our entire Army and air force, training for the invasion...We had the Marines and part of the Navy fighting a much larger force. Not only was this force larger, but they fought harder, and were more dangerous to America. We had hardly any Army helping out, and the flying was done mostly by Navy pilots. We had help primarily from 2 countries, Great Britain and Austrailia.

Japan attacked us on December 7, 1941, which started nearly 4 years of the most intense fighting the world has ever seen. On December 8, 1941, the Japanese then began an assault on Wake Island, and after days of fighting, they took the island. Meanwhile, Germany had declared war on us, yet never threatened us or our homeland. Which brings us to point number two.

2. There was no indication that Germany would ever attack us. With the Soviets pushing them back, the failed attampt at any sort of pre-invasion of England, much less an actual seaborne/airborne invasion, the Germans last thought would be how to invade America. Oddly enough, even with the knowledge that Germany never attacked us, and the fact that Japan was on our back porch, we still held a "Europe first" campaign.

3. We had no knowledge of the concentration camps prior to the invasion. When our troops hit Normandy for the first time on June 6, 1944, no one had any clue that there were such places called "Auschwitz" "Dachau" "Bergen-Belsan" etc. Not until we reached the end of the war did American, British, and Russian troops begin reporting "death camps".

4. The death toll was overwhelming for Americans. For a country who never attacked us, nor planned on it anytime soon, we lost 250,000 men fighting that nation. In the first day in Normandy alone, there were 15,000 unaccounted for. 6,000 of them were American, 1,500 of them KIA. This was just the first day of a war that was unprovoked.

5. We killed more German innocents than German military. nearly 4,000,000 German innocents lie dead at the end of WWII.

6. After all this fighting, we let Germany, and eastern Europe, fall into the hands of an even more oppresive regime. This mostly speaks for itself.

7. After the war, the German citizens were left with a large debt, destroyed country, new leaders which were worse, and virtually no hope of any better.

So what's the catch? Am I suddenly an extremist liberal? No, I'm not. The same criteria liberals present to say Iraq is unprovoked and unjustified, a mistake...is the same criteria I've applied to WWII. However, ask any decent person if WWII was a mistake, and they'll give you a weird look. Thoughts?

P.S. I do not believe anything I've written about WWII being wrong, I only did it for comparison and to make a point.

Edited by Jon The Jew

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  214
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/01/1963

if your going to spout off with things from the past you had better make sure your facts are straight. for one after japan attacked us on dec 7 1941, we virtually had no navy and could not launch any type of offensive action at the time, the us army and army air corps. was in the pacific but mcarthur used the marines more for they were better trained for amphibious assaults. the us did know about the concentration camps prior to d-day but we had no way of getting to them at that time, russia was not pushing the germans back until the us had stormed the beaches of normany, we also had to get the germans out of north africa first then out of italy before we could concentrate on the french coast. and if anyone says the wwII was a mistake has never talked to those that not only fought in the war but aswell to those that survived the death camps....and I believe this issue should never have been brought up here.. I have taken offense to it. I am a veteran. and most of my uncles aswell as my father fought in that war.......oak

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  36

After all the people(HEROS) we lost in WWII ...Should we ben speaking of the reasons why it was wrong now. I think it is disrespectful to our heros that sacrificed their lives. What we need to be worried about is the present time and whats going on today.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

*Ahem*

I think you guys may have overlooked his final statement:

P.S. I do not believe anything I've written about WWII being wrong, I only did it for comparison and to make a point.

I think he's using this as an analogy of how many are saying the War on Terror is a mistake. Please re-read his post.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Sorry Jon, forgot to tell you no one reads your entire post over here....nor do they think. Because yes, a JEW would post about being anti-WWII.

Come on people, read and think, read and think....

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Sorry Jon, forgot to tell you no one reads your entire post over here....nor do they think. Because yes, a JEW would post about being anti-WWII.

Come on people, read and think, read and think....

Actually, we don't pay much attention to what Super Jew says! While we like Super Jew, we think he has the Sergeant Schultz syndrome-"I know nothing, nothing." Just kidding, Super Jew! :P :hug:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  66

And here I thought bold print was my ally.

Folks...read

So what's the catch? Am I suddenly an extremist liberal? No, I'm not. The same criteria liberals present to say Iraq is unprovoked and unjustified, a mistake...is the same criteria I've applied to WWII. However, ask any decent person if WWII was a mistake, and they'll give you a weird look. Thoughts?

Off topic, but since I'm a history nerd...I need to make a correction.

the us did know about the concentration camps prior to d-day but we had no way of getting to them at that time, russia was not pushing the germans back until the us had stormed the beaches of normany

There is speculation we did, but no one ever came out and said "They have concentration camps". Not even the German civilians knew about them very well. We knew of ghettos, but we couldn't condemn them for that. Our troops were shocked to find such camps existed. As for the Russians, if you study history, you'll find after Kursk, July 1943, which is a whole year and one month before we invaded...The Russians had been pushing them back since then. Germany did not gain any ground since Kursk, and were in full defense.

That being said, I don't disagree with WWII at all. In fact I have more respect for the men who fought in that war than the average person. I spend a great deal of time learning and studying about it. I don't belittle anything anyone did in WWII. This post was simply to use logic that modern day anti-Iraq war people use. Only I added it to a war that everyone agrees was possibly the most justified war we've ever been in.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  36

Ok Ok..I got caught up in the moment! I was still stuck on the beginning! FORGIVE ME! :P Although, I did read the entire post it still kind of hit me wrong, a little!:sweating:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  624
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Except that Iraq was based on a Lie. Saddam wasn't invading anyone, in WW2 Hitler had invaded several countries and was bombing England. They aren't even close to comparible circumstances. It's a false analogy.

It's like comparing a Corvette to a Geo Metro, sure they are both cars but they aren't close to the same thing.

There is speculation we did, but no one ever came out and said "They have concentration camps". Not even the German civilians knew about them very well. We knew of ghettos, but we couldn't condemn them for that. Our troops were shocked to find such camps existed.

Not just speculation but documented evidence, now available through the freedom of information act.

WW2 was a just war for several reasons but primarily because were were attacked first and then Germany seeing the war as inevitable declared war on us like you said.

You do know that Pearl Harbor was a sham right? They knew Pearl Harbor was going to happen, but they needed to have a high body count for public opinion so they let 2000+ servicemen die for public opinion.

Sound a little like 9/11? History tends to repeat itself.

As for the Russians, if you study history, you'll find after Kursk, July 1943, which is a whole year and one month before we invaded...The Russians had been pushing them back since then. Germany did not gain any ground since Kursk, and were in full defense.

The reason was that Hitler stupidly attacked Russia during the winter after his generals told him not to. Considered a great military blunder, but Hitler wasn't the first to make it. Napoleon made the same mistake.

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  214
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/01/1963

I did read the whole post, and the is contradicting to earlier statements. one should never compare one war to another because no two wars are the same.. except the dieing....there more modern facts to be used instead of making oru past heroes look like they died and fought for nothing,, maybe instead of talking about the war why dont you go and help fight the war then come back and say it was a mistake.....I really get ticked off when people who have never been in combat try to tell us who have that what we fought for was a mistake...instead of reading history why dont ya help make history.........oak