• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

Here's the thing though guy's.

Not voting for Romney and not voting for Obama will throw the election to Obama.:thumbsup:

We will end up with a self fulflling Prophecy as this thread is. I'm not saying not to vote your conscience. I'm saying don't condemn those voting for Obama because you are doing the same thing. He will win if all tyhe dissafected Christains merely walk away and leave the Nation to its own demise. We know what Obama will do.

I guess that I'm in the camp of the lesser of two evils especially when we already know what Obama is doing and will do. I don't like it anymore than you do but just turning the Country over to the "just go on and go to hell" camp isn't working for me.

If I know the Good I am to do and neglect to do it I am sinning.:wub:

So basically if there is any other name on the ballat that I feel can run the country better than those two, I am sinning? Thought there was usually more than two names on the ballat. Thought there was always a third party name. Just making sure I have not misunderstood you. Keyboard and text does so little to convey one's true thoughts. Now do not get me wrong, if there were only two names on that ballat and I had to pick the best of the two, Obama would NOT get my vote.

I said, "If I know the Good I am to do and neglect to do it I am sinning." There is a personal pronoun there in the form of the I.

What other Candidate will be on the ballot that will have a chance of stopping Obama?

If Obama is not stopped what do you suppose will happen?

By all means vote your conscience, but please oh please do not complain or even say a peep after the Election as we spiral down into despotism.:thumbsup:

So I vote one way...either I vote for the GOP elected or basically do not vote then. Because either way, I am sinning. Okay....will keep my mouth shut then.

Until I know I can support the strong runner against Obama and know that it is right and not just voting for another Obama or worse, I am not casting a vote. An uneducated or uninformed vote is no better than voting the devil into the seat.....

The last vote I cast or would have cast would have been for a third party who did not make it last election. Going to give this matter to God in prayer. When election day comes...will see what will be. Just sad that I am being judged by my own brothers and sisters for wanting to make an educated vote before just casting a vote blindly against a man, I know I would not vote for, just simply for the sake of getting him out of office. Seems no more intelligent than voting for Obama because he is black, or whatever.

Don't fret, sister, I and many, many more are right there with you. On the morning after the election we all have to look ourselves in the eye in the mirror and live with the way we voted. No one should judge you, or me or anyone else who votes their conscience on November 6th. I can't vote for Romney or Obama either; I voted for the least bad in '08 and I have regretted it since. The GOP has turned into one big joke. Putting a universal health care candidate up against a universal health care President? Yeah, smooth move by the good ol' boys who have been running the show for so long they've forgotten what 'conservative' means. Romney can't even debate on the biggest issue! And, as a cult member, how can he claim to be a conservative? He's anything but. Stand your ground, A.S., and you won't have to regret voting for someone you don't believe in. And, don't worry, as an American you will still have the right to gripe as long as you vote third party or write in. That's what THIS conservative will be doing. ;)

Thanks MG. Really do not like either canidate so far. Been reading and trying to catch myself up a bit. Last election I would have voted third party were I registered but never registered after my last move. Embarrassing I know. Just irks me when others tell me how I should vote. Or how anyone else should either. Religion and politics have never mixed well. Do not think they ever will either.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Religion and politics should mix though. Our vote should be informed by our faith and much prayer noidea.gif. If you say you feel led by the Lord to vote third party then do so and you will get no gripes from me.

• Group:  Senior Member

Religion and politics should mix though. Our vote should be informed by our faith and much prayer noidea.gif. If you say you feel led by the Lord to vote third party then do so and you will get no gripes from me.

Thanks Candice...think I need to clarify there as well as a remark I made earlier.

Religion and politics - Beliefs should not be twisted so as to promote a political agenda. Feel Obama did this by saying he was Christian then once in office making it more than clear he was not. Clearly he used that to help himself get into the chair...at least, in my opinion anyway.

Romney - Did not say it was a sin to vote for him if a person feels that this person is the best canidate and represents their beliefs and views. Do feel it is one though if someone is putting their vote in him just because he is against Obama. Much like the statement was made that is wrong to vote for him because he is black, etc. Which I cannot argue with that either and would not.

Thanks Candice...think I need to clarify there as well as a remark I made earlier.

Religion and politics - Beliefs should not be twisted so as to promote a political agenda. Feel Obama did this by saying he was Christian then once in office making it more than clear he was not. Clearly he used that to help himself get into the chair...at least, in my opinion anyway.

Romney - Did not say it was a sin to vote for him if a person feels that this person is the best canidate and represents their beliefs and views. Do feel it is one though if someone is putting their vote in him just because he is against Obama. Much like the statement was made that is wrong to vote for him because he is black, etc. Which I cannot argue with that either and would not.

Can you explain why you think it is a sin to vote for Romney just because he is against Obama? That is the bit I didn't understand.

• Group:  Senior Member

Can you explain why you think it is a sin to vote for Romney just because he is against Obama? That is the bit I didn't understand.

If one does not know his positions and he ends up doing not much different or worse and he was chosen just because he was against Obama...how is it any less of an issue for America?

I just do not understand why there is no research done so as to see what these people stand for instead of voting 'just because.' If we are doing that with politcs, it is frightening to think of what may come next.

I wouldn't call that a sin, I would simply call it uninformed voting. I think on balance Romney is slightly better than Obama so I'd be willing to give him a go (theoretically) but based on research and not just the idea that he is against Obama. This isn't a hate war, it's not about voting out Obama with anyone else, but voting out Obama with anyone better than Obama. I hope that clears up my position.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

I think I missed something. How is it a sin to vote Romney? noidea.gif

he is NO different then obama! i call him as a friend said this morning.. the republican version of obama.when he was governor of mass he forced the rcc out of the adoption business, gay marriage and gay rights were passed and romney care and in romney care abortion is paid for. so what is the difference if one votes for obama and not romney? NOTHING.

why does this site do that?

glitch i guess... I deleted it for you.

BTW, if you think Romney is no better than Obama, don't vote for him. I'm working under the majority assumption that no one could be worse than Obama.

glitch i guess... I deleted it for you.

BTW, if you think Romney is no better than Obama, don't vote for him. I'm working under the majority assumption that no one could be worse than Obama.

sadly in america you will find that either group has supporters that no matter what one of their parties candidates must win. no matter if he is good or bad for the country. and with the republican canditates its all about power and the same with the democrats. i have reasearched most of these guys enough to know that all the republicans running save paul arent consertives at all.