• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

Here is a link to a very interesting video on the antichrist.

It is part of a 36 DVD Seminar on the book of Revelation.

http://amazingdiscoveries.tv/media/130/217-the-crime-of-all-ages/

Will look into it.

Was hoping for more scriptural discussion.....

May I ask what you believe? You have not mentioned this yet.

In truth, Revelation has always confused me. Always had thought the AntiChrist was a single entity with many who would follow or serve him and mislead thousands. At this time....I am still very uncertain. Still need to read thoroughly though all that was provided here and pray about it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Will look into it.

In truth, Revelation has always confused me. Always had thought the AntiChrist was a single entity with many who would follow or serve him and mislead thousands. At this time....I am still very uncertain. Still need to read thoroughly though all that was provided here and pray about it.

Good idea to read through what has been said, and hold it against scripture to ensure what is being posted is what scripture said.

I can remember being told about the "Anti-Christ" as the devil himself coming to life. It was what the church taught me and who am I to question the preacher? It was a mistake I pray I never do again. Take Revelation one piece at a time, always referencing other places in scripture what like messages are made.

Will look into it.

Good idea to read through what has been said, and hold it against scripture to ensure what is being posted is what scripture said.

I can remember being told about the "Anti-Christ" as the devil himself coming to life. It was what the church taught me and who am I to question the preacher? It was a mistake I pray I never do again. Take Revelation one piece at a time, always referencing other places in scripture what like messages are made.

Think it is a common error anymore that a lot of us make growing up in childhood as well as our faith. To believe everything we are told, then only come to realize as we mature that not everything we hear is true and that we need to look ourselves to find it.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

AS, here is a small excerpt from 1 John dealing with the spirit of antichrist. If you find this helpful and would like to know more, I would be more than happy to continue. If not, I will not.

1 John 2:18Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. 19They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Everyone has the potential to be of Christ or Antichrist. As the scripture states there are many antichrists and it is for this reason we know that it is the last time. They begin in the church but they leave because they are not truly born of the spirit of God but rather receive the spirit of antichrist. They do not bear the fruit of the spirit which is love, joy, peace, faith, meekness etc. Instead they continue in sin in the guise of following christ. Their attitudes toward people never change. They find it impossible to forgive unless their own personal expectations are met by the one being forgiven. They are everywhere today, including here at worthy.

20But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. 21I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth. 22Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. 24Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

We are surrounded by spirits that offer to give us what we want/need who offer us to take their yoke upon us and learn to get what we want/need in this world. It is the objective of the believer to be accepting or receive the Holy Spirit and not reject him as Stephen spoke of those that stoned him. If one receives the love of God, then they may also give it unto others. But if one simply receives the spirit of antichrist they will be full of that which is not of God. Wolves in sheep's clothing they seek to devour that which is good.

25And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

If we receive and follow after the spirit of God rather than anitchrist, we are promised life.

26These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. 27But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

He wrote because he understood that there would be antichrists coming to places like worthy with a message that you cannot actually be like Christ and seduce you through feigned words. But he explains that we who actually have received and not rejected the Holy Spirit are taught of him and understand truth by walking in it.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/10/1976

The information they spew sounds good, but it is actually way out in left field.

AS, here is a small excerpt from 1 John dealing with the spirit of antichrist. If you find this helpful and would like to know more, I would be more than happy to continue. If not, I will not.

1 John 2:18Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. 19They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Everyone has the potential to be of Christ or Antichrist. As the scripture states there are many antichrists and it is for this reason we know that it is the last time. They begin in the church but they leave because they are not truly born of the spirit of God but rather receive the spirit of antichrist. They do not bear the fruit of the spirit which is love, joy, peace, faith, meekness etc. Instead they continue in sin in the guise of following christ. Their attitudes toward people never change. They find it impossible to forgive unless their own personal expectations are met by the one being forgiven. They are everywhere today, including here at worthy.

20But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. 21I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth. 22Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. 24Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

We are surrounded by spirits that offer to give us what we want/need who offer us to take their yoke upon us and learn to get what we want/need in this world. It is the objective of the believer to be accepting or receive the Holy Spirit and not reject him as Stephen spoke of those that stoned him. If one receives the love of God, then they may also give it unto others. But if one simply receives the spirit of antichrist they will be full of that which is not of God. Wolves in sheep's clothing they seek to devour that which is good.

If we receive and follow after the spirit of God rather than anitchrist, we are promised life.

26These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. 27But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

He wrote because he understood that there would be antichrists coming to places like worthy with a message that you cannot actually be like Christ and seduce you through feigned words. But he explains that we who actually have received and not rejected the Holy Spirit are taught of him and understand truth by walking in it.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

Gary,

I am sorry, but this a bit much for me to grasp. We are to work to be like Christ in faith and action right? Turning away from all sin and temptation. Loving one another, be it friend or enemy as Jesus loved us....correct? These false prophets or AntiChrists....they are .... sorry I am slow I guess. I understand that they are going to work to deceive. That much I am grasping but how do we know them? How do we know that....we ourselves...are not becoming one?

Sorry...I know I ask much. Feel really uninformed and uneducated, so I ask many questions.

May God Bless You

Dani

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/10/1976

What Does The Bible Tell Us About The AntiChrist?

It is not just the Antichrist that you need to identify, you also have the False Prophet. You must understand the mind of Satan. You do this by looking at where Satan appears in Scripture and profile his character by what he says and does.

'Being worshiped as God is Satan’s No. 1 objective to the exclusion of all else'

How will we know who he is?

The reason people don't understand who the Antichrist is, is because they don't know what they are looking for. :noidea::help::noidea:

This is because of the current teaching of the Church regarding the order of the unholy godhead.

The current Church teaching is:

Satan = unholy father

Antichrist = unholy son

False Prophet = unholy spirit

If you rearrange these to their proper order, you would see a different picture emerge. :halo: :halo: :halo:

False Prophet = unholy father

Antichrist = unholy son

Satan = unholy spirit

So now we understand that we are looking for a "father" and "son". :grin: :grin: :grin:

Then you go through the rest of Scripture and find more identifying marks like: the region they come out of, the race of the two beasts, or the fact that the Bible calls the Antichrist a "prince" who will become "king".

Here is my personal Bible study for the last 10 years: The Unholy Godhead (the beast's relationship)

If you want to see a full size picture of Isa and the Mahdi.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Gary,

I understand that they are going to work to deceive. That much I am grasping but how do we know them? How do we know that....we ourselves...are not becoming one?

The only way to know if anyone has a spirit not of God is to know God as much as one can through scripture. Study His word because it is His word they will be twisting. They will preach just as the serpent preached in the garden, twisting the real truth.

Study the milk of the word and then move onto the meat of the word. Know it inside and out, upside and down. Study scripture enough to know when someone is not speaking the truth about His word. The man of sin will be far more clever with his tongue than any regular human can be.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

In Jesus Name,

Gary

Gary,

I am sorry, but this a bit much for me to grasp. We are to work to be like Christ in faith and action right? Turning away from all sin and temptation. Loving one another, be it friend or enemy as Jesus loved us....correct? These false prophets or AntiChrists....they are .... sorry I am slow I guess. I understand that they are going to work to deceive. That much I am grasping but how do we know them? How do we know that....we ourselves...are not becoming one?

Sorry...I know I ask much. Feel really uninformed and uneducated, so I ask many questions.

May God Bless You

Dani

Dani, great questions. The bible speaks of false prophets, false brethren and, false apostles all of which are of the spirit of antichrist. You asked if we are to work to be like Christ in faith and action, turning way from all sin and temptation while loving one another. I would answer both yes and no. The process of sanctification comes from being exposed to both the word of God and those who are sanctified. Paul's greatest witness of his words was the life he lived that others saw. Paul was who he was and did what he did simply because he believed it was of God and therefore the right thing to do. He was given precise understanding of spiritual things and applied them to his life daily.

A counterfeit bill looks similar to the real thing and can be very difficult discern. A false brother can be just as difficult to spot. Consider Judas, none of the other 11 knew that he would be the betrayer and they lived with him daily. If we are to be able to identify a true from false we must know what a true follower of Christ actually is. The difference isn't necessarily in what they do or even how they do it but in the motive behind the actions. God is love. 1 Corinthians 13 brings out the truth of conversion dividing light from darkness in the context of love. We are told in Isaiah that a mans goodness is as the flower of the grass and is glorious in its season but the heat of the sun causes the flower to fall just as trials cause a mans goodness to wain. Man is willing to love as long as he is receiving the benefit of that love. God is love. Christ is love. Christs true followers are becoming love. Those who have been perfected in that love have boldness in the day of judgment. They have experienced trials and developed patience through them. That patience became a notch in the belt of experience. That experience developed into hope of life because they found themselves walking as he walked having the love of God shed abroad in their hearts by the Holy Spirit.

Christianity can be feigned. Love can be feigned. That which is feigned cannot last as it is only powered by the will of man who can only sustain for so long before he begins to degenerate. True conversion is God speaking to your heart and saying this is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased, which is followed by being washed in the water of the word. Soaking in it. The Holy Spirit of God teaching you daily as you read. Showing you 'how' things work and giving you the understanding you need to overcome sin and be victorious in godliness.

There was a time in my walk that I wondered if I were just a fake. I didn't have any Holy Spirit teaching me or anything like that. I vacillated between good and evil. I was convicted severely about my walk and the fact that there was no real drive to be like Christ that was sustainable. What I learned was that I was just trying to 'do' what was right without having my heart in it believing that it truly was the right way to be. It is one thing to understand that when we disagree with God on anything that he is right and we are wrong, but it is entirely a different matter to completely agree with him. Concession is good but vulnerable to temptation. Conversion is seeing things as God sees them and is fireproof. When I finally reached the point that I understood what it meant that knowing the one true God and Jesus Christ whom he has sent is eternal life, it changed everything for me. My deceitful heart could no longer feign anything. I either had to become genuine or face damnation.

All that is Antichrist is powered by the spirit of Antichrist including the future ruler who God will allow to rule the planet. All those who twist the word of God to their own destruction are led of the spirit of Antichrist and eventually will fall prey to the manifestation of Antichrist who rules the globe. So when your reading the bible and it speaks about that which is evil, darkness, unclean, unrighteous or truth of God made a lie, you are hearing about Antichrist. All that which opposes truth. They are the dogs who eat their own vomit, pigs that go back to wallow in the mud, the concision who claim circumcision but are not, evil workers who tell you that you can not be like Christ till you die of which the bible warns us to turn away from them as they lead away captive those who are laden with sin.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

the antichrist is a spirit. read where in 2 john it says what that is and is also 1 john 4. beasts are goverments not persons. daniel saw beasts not persons and each beast he saw had a name given,ie greece, medio-persia,babylon and rome

the beast and false prophet are thrown into the lake of fire...... how do you throw a government into a lake of fire???

Rome is the beast. Nero is the personification of the beast. It is NERO, not Rome, which went into the Lake of Fire.