• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

The Law should not have hand cuffed the child.

In the first place, the school should have called an ambulance to take her to the emergency room .

The Law, should have not hand cuffed the child , instead of taking her to jail ...

they should have taken her to an emergency room.

She had some kind of fit....and maybe something physically wrong with the child.

What, so she could throw needles at docters? Please, nothing was wrong with her. Everyone who works with chilldren knows they throw temper tantruums occasionally when they dont get their way, and its also common sense that if the parents always let the child have his or her own way at home, then in school when the teacher doesnt then those tantruums are just going to get worse because that child is used to getting their own way. An ambulance won't fix that.

The brat got what she deserved. Social services should also be investigating the home since the parents are protesting the "bad" treatment of their child. I'm sure that this is not the first time that this child has thrown a tantrum as violent as this one. Do the parents permit such behavior in their home? One can only imagine until the home is investigated. I know, that's pretty harsh for me to say, but when are we as a nation going to accept responsibility for our and our children's actions. NEVER!! It's too late in our GODless society.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

....I do not mean to sound like a stick in the mud here, but are we certain that there was no underlying metal health issues?

Having worked with individuals who have disabilities, I can say this sort of behavior is not uncommon for some. Even in the adults who have them.

While I do not argue that discipline is most likely the issue here, what if part of the reason the parents were so upset was because their child had special needs that were not taken into consideration?

I have an almost three year old boy, whom the method of time out is used, (as swatting with a belt or the use of a paddle is not allowed) who is a special needs child. Discipline for him, though we have a plan in place can prove exceedingly difficult as my little boy tends to thrash, arch, head butt and the works when mommy goes to remove him from a situation to put him in time out.

While temper tantrums are normal for a boy his age, the extent sometimes of his behavior...is questionable.

It just does not make sense to me why a small child of this girl's age would throw things at the adults working toward disciplining her in such a way, unless there might be some underlying problems that can or may not have been addressed.

These are just my thoughts, so please do not take offense as none is meant.

May God Bless You

Dani

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Not near a bible at the moment.

Anyone know the proverb that goes something like "Do not spare the rod on a child, he will not die"?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I tell you what, if my kid ever acts like that in public, please give her a decent whack behind the ears.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/08/1960

I blame PC for this. Positive reinforcement doesn't deliver as well as people like to believe. Then, of course, our society encourages selfishness.

I agree with you.

....I do not mean to sound like a stick in the mud here, but are we certain that there was no underlying metal health issues?

Having worked with individuals who have disabilities, I can say this sort of behavior is not uncommon for some. Even in the adults who have them.

While I do not argue that discipline is most likely the issue here, what if part of the reason the parents were so upset was because their child had special needs that were not taken into consideration?

I have an almost three year old boy, whom the method of time out is used, (as swatting with a belt or the use of a paddle is not allowed) who is a special needs child. Discipline for him, though we have a plan in place can prove exceedingly difficult as my little boy tends to thrash, arch, head butt and the works when mommy goes to remove him from a situation to put him in time out.

While temper tantrums are normal for a boy his age, the extent sometimes of his behavior...is questionable.

It just does not make sense to me why a small child of this girl's age would throw things at the adults working toward disciplining her in such a way, unless there might be some underlying problems that can or may not have been addressed.

May God Bless You

Dani

Temper tantrums are not "normal" for any child who is raised with consistent and swift discipline. Children are the same as adults. They quickly learn what works for them and use it consistently, and if a tantrum will get them what they want or allow them to continue poor behavior that they wish to pursue, then they will throw tantrums. If you make the consequences of a tantrum extremely un-palletable, immediately, the tantrums will cease because there is no payoff, and the result is something the child knows they are not going to like. Children are running amok today for several reasons. The biggest reason being that discipline, by and large, no longer exists. The child tells the parent how it is going to be and the parent obeys not wanting to "stifle" or "hurt" the child with discipline that will somehow injure their delicate psyche. The child is allowed to do whatever they wish. By the time they are 5, they are a handful. By the time they are 10, they are not pleasant to be around anywhere and are more than a handful. By 15, you have created a major problem, for everyone the child comes in contact with, and it's too late to fix it. And the parents of the child sit at home scratching their heads asking others what went wrong. It isn't hard to figure out that if you withhold discipline and let them behave in whatever way they see fit that they will assume that is what they can do out in the real world later on when they grow up. And we've raised tons of them, and our lack of making people accountable for what they do is coming home to roost.

"Temper tantrums are not "normal" for any child who is raised with consistent and swift discipline."

Guess....that sums up my parenting as lacking in discipline then because despite the placing of my oldest son who is not quite yet three in time out....he still has them. Even if the regularity of their occurring is decreasing. Then....time for a child to learn differs with each. While some children are potty trained by the age of three, others are not so until four.

Not all children learn quickly either....again, let us not forget that there are some individuals both old and young with physical, mental, and even learning disabilities. This can effect the speed in which some of the most basic concepts that a person learns to be slowed.

Please do not think I am condoning this little girl's behavior. I am not. Seeing as there is nothing stated about a medical condition, it is very likely that the little girl is in need of some discipline. Just do not think handcuffs or the police station is the way to go for a six year old girl.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

If a child of whatever age can violently swing at a teacher, throw sharp items at someone, punch a person nearby, then in our books strong prevention is surely in quik order. What's the next query?

• Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

May God Bless You

Dani

That is what I was trying to get at.

I too worked with children and adults in a Home, who have disabilities.

Thanks for posting that.

May God Bless You

Dani

That is what I was trying to get at.

I too worked with children and adults in a Home, who have disabilities.

Thanks for posting that.

Thank you LoveSongs for your understanding.

It takes a lot of patience and understanding to do the line of work you do.