• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I'm a man right, so I don't really understand this...

PMS

Tell me about it. Is it possible to control emotions when it takes effect? Like when the only difference between a woman with PMS (in extreme cases), and a pit bull is the lipstick?

I know there is not much in the way of medication, or homeopathic stuff you can take to stop the onset, but once it hits, do you have any control over emotions? Especially irritability or anger?

And what should the man in your life be doing to help the situation. Ignore you? Hover? Cook? Seems like anything we do, we will still get our heads bitten off :cool:

Remember he is probably quite confused..... :b:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

Build yourself a garage and sped alot of time puttering

Some women get extreme PMS, others don't and as far as I'm concerned it is very hard to control emotions, especially once you get older and start with premenopausal symptoms. I guess for each woman it is dofferent, for me...I hate it when my husband hovers...I am best if he just goes and does something away from me LOL! What works for us is his garage, seriously. Every man needs a hobby away from his wife anyway, and she needs a hobby too.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  333
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

PMS

Tell me about it. Is it possible to control emotions when it takes effect? Like when the only difference between a woman with PMS (in extreme cases), and a pit bull is the lipstick?

I know there is not much in the way of medication, or homeopathic stuff you can take to stop the onset, but once it hits, do you have any control over emotions? Especially irritability or anger?

And what should the man in your life be doing to help the situation. Ignore you? Hover? Cook? Seems like anything we do, we will still get our heads bitten off :cool:

There is really only one thing you can possibly do . . . pray for early menopause.

PMS

There is really only one thing you can possibly do . . . pray for early menopause.

Oh thank you for that! it gives one hope :laugh:

Isn't there something like a frontal lobotomy or something that helps. I am willing to have a go if it helps. Can't hurt me too much....

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Try boosting Omega 3 and boost the B complex vitamins and add magnesium. That should help. That is what I read.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

PMS

Oh thank you for that! it gives one hope :laugh:

Isn't there something like a frontal lobotomy or something that helps. I am willing to have a go if it helps. Can't hurt me too much....

No,I think it is more like a complete removal of male parts that does the trick... :24: :24: :24: :24:

I know, I know, that was terrible...but it was irresistable!

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I don't get bad PMS, but I am more prone to depression. So I can't know for sure how this would help with PMS.

But there was a time I was frustrated over something - and when I'm frustrated I tend to go crazy with it (scream, cry, go on a rant) - and expressing this to my boyfriend (well, boyfriend isn't the best term, as we are more serious than that connotation. by I digress). Anyway, I was going frantic, and he just looked into my eyes and said sincerely, "I love you."

Just staring back at him having said that while still looking into my eyes, my emotions calmed down.

So what I'm saying is if you can discern that it's just out-of-whack hormones, do the best you can to make her feel loved through it.

I don't get bad PMS, but I am more prone to depression. So I can't know for sure how this would help with PMS.

But there was a time I was frustrated over something - and when I'm frustrated I tend to go crazy with it (scream, cry, go on a rant) - and expressing this to my boyfriend (well, boyfriend isn't the best term, as we are more serious than that connotation. by I digress). Anyway, I was going frantic, and he just looked into my eyes and said sincerely, "I love you."

Just staring back at him having said that while still looking into my eyes, my emotions calmed down.

So what I'm saying is if you can discern that it's just out-of-whack hormones, do the best you can to make her feel loved through it.

Thanks Neb, my first response is always defensive, because I sincerely believe I have done nothing wrong, and then a bit of anger steps in. Like why are you accusing me of this stuff when I have not done anything wrong? When we unpack it after the episode it is fine and we work through it. But during, it is hell.....

Saying "I love you" to someone you adore should not be that hard..... I will try it next time.

Guest LadyC

pms changes over time for me, so i'm assuming it does for everyone. i might have really bad mood swings every month for a really, really long time... and then all of a sudden i won't have any moodiness at all for a long time. so my suggestion is PRAY. God is more than capable of leveling out those emotions. valium works well too, but God's a better alternative ;)

pms changes over time for me, so i'm assuming it does for everyone. i might have really bad mood swings every month for a really, really long time... and then all of a sudden i won't have any moodiness at all for a long time. so my suggestion is PRAY. God is more than capable of leveling out those emotions. valium works well too, but God's a better alternative ;)

That is what is happening. One month bouncy, loving, normal.... The next month....aaarrrghhhh...

Who take the Valium? Me?