IGNORED

Question for the ladies

pms changes over time for me, so i'm assuming it does for everyone. i might have really bad mood swings every month for a really, really long time... and then all of a sudden i won't have any moodiness at all for a long time. so my suggestion is PRAY. God is more than capable of leveling out those emotions. valium works well too, but God's a better alternative ;)

That is what is happening. One month bouncy, loving, normal.... The next month....aaarrrghhhh...

Who take the Valium? Me?

:24: :24: :24:

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  348
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

I think the Bible would tell you to go to the rooftop..LOL Seriously, it happens everyday all around the world. You can handle it..LOL :24:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I have never experienced PMS (thank you, Lord!) but I have close relatives who do and it's not pretty, I know! The only advice I can give is be patient, give her her space and remember that it's temporary. The two of you should consult her OB/GYN and, of course, pray about it. I feel for you, fez, because I see my son going through this same thing. Keeping stressful occurances, and people, away from her during those few days will absolutely help. Last, but not least, make sure she doesn't have access to weapons of any sort. :taped:

Guest LadyC

pms changes over time for me, so i'm assuming it does for everyone. i might have really bad mood swings every month for a really, really long time... and then all of a sudden i won't have any moodiness at all for a long time. so my suggestion is PRAY. God is more than capable of leveling out those emotions. valium works well too, but God's a better alternative ;)

That is what is happening. One month bouncy, loving, normal.... The next month....aaarrrghhhh...

Who take the Valium? Me?

for best results, BOTH of you! :laugh:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

There is really only one thing you can possibly do . . . pray for early menopause.

The problem is; that then an early andropause kicks in :blink:

:24: :24: :24: :24: :24:

Now where is my fan , Oh, I'm a male and shouldn't use one ,, think I'll just stay hot under the collar :rolleyes:

Life is so fun when you are over fifty :taped:

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

Im 30 now and its not so bad as I have found a way to manage all the chemicals so to speak. I think it depends more about how much stress you have on at exactly the same time. Find a source of unwinding, for me it a trip to the gym to chill out!

(If I am stressed out and with a pms round then a good round of running on a treadmill works wonders!)

Edited by freeinnocentspirit

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

I'm a man right, so I don't really understand this...

PMS

Tell me about it. Is it possible to control emotions when it takes effect? Like when the only difference between a woman with PMS (in extreme cases), and a pit bull is the lipstick?

I know there is not much in the way of medication, or homeopathic stuff you can take to stop the onset, but once it hits, do you have any control over emotions? Especially irritability or anger?

And what should the man in your life be doing to help the situation. Ignore you? Hover? Cook? Seems like anything we do, we will still get our heads bitten off cool.gif

Remember he is probably quite confused..... blush.gif

There is really only one thing you can possibly do . . . pray for early menopause.

Are you nuts!! :happyhappy: Think PMS is bad now wait till menopause! But then after that its pretty good sailing brother, so ya I guess you could hope for an early one but then again you might want to build the garage now..... :24:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

I'm a man right, so I don't really understand this...

PMS

Tell me about it. Is it possible to control emotions when it takes effect? Like when the only difference between a woman with PMS (in extreme cases), and a pit bull is the lipstick?

I know there is not much in the way of medication, or homeopathic stuff you can take to stop the onset, but once it hits, do you have any control over emotions? Especially irritability or anger?

And what should the man in your life be doing to help the situation. Ignore you? Hover? Cook? Seems like anything we do, we will still get our heads bitten off cool.gif

Remember he is probably quite confused..... blush.gif

Are you nuts!! :happyhappy: Think PMS is bad now wait till menopause! But then after that its pretty good sailing brother, so ya I guess you could hope for an early one but then again you might want to build the garage now..... :24:

I thought that too - but didnt want to say anything. lol...seeing my mum and aunts is enough to make me be scared now at 30!!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

PMS? Just feed me sugar, and lots of it, preferably in the form of Belgian Buns :emot-drool:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  333
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Mizzdy & Freeinnocentspirit,

Having been through menopause, I must have been given a reprieve. I blinked and it was over. Sooooo I suppose every case is different.