IGNORED

spiritual gifts

Guest 2-blessed

Guest 2-blessed

Will someone explain to me,how i will know what my spiritual gifts are? I feel that i have the gift of prophesy,then i also feel that i have the gift of healing,because whenever i go to the alter,i am always told that i have annointed hands.So could someone clear this up for me.

Guest tbird_energizerbunny

Ok, this is just my definition of spiritual gifts. This is the way I understand and justify my gifts, but it may not meet your definition.

Ok, a talent is something God gives you, and you use it. Instead of using it for his glory, you may selfishly use it for your own. He may or may not decide to take that gift.

A spiritual gift is a talent that is used for God's glory. A talent can become a spiritual gift and can go back to being just a talent. But a spiritual gift will never be taken away unless it is not used for God's glory.

Hope this helps!

:laugh:

tbird

Guest Psalm27

Hi 2-Blessed and welcome to Worthy Boards!! :hug:

Annointed hands means hands set apart for His use...

I can't tell you what for though...but I'm sure He'll let you know. :)

What is your desire to do for the Lord? Your heart confirms things that God has for you to do.

Edited by Psalm27

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  331
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/2003

Spend some time reading Romans 12. Paul talks about spiritual gifts in several places, but Romans 12 kinda spells them all out.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  745
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  09/27/1976

1 Corithians chapters 12-14 also speaks quite a bit on gifts. I'm afraid if I post my personal ideas (through my study of these scriptures and what I feel I have been led to know about them) about spiritual gifts, it may start something. This is one of those areas that christians have perhaps different thoughts on. (Usually along lines of what their denomination teaches) It is important though to consider and study spiritual gifts and come to God when we have questions about them. As someone already said, He will guide you in what He would have you to do for HIS Glory, be obedient to Him! Take care! :blink:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  233
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Greetings;

Spiritual gifts are prescious to the Lord!

There are many out there today with counterfeit gifts! Yes the Devil has been given the abuility to duplicate the gifts of the spirit! So you must look at the fruit of the gifted one! You must see whether he is humble and led by the spirit, or just goes around knocking everyone down!

The Lord doesn't run a magic show like on tv!

His true ones are few, and dont go around announcing themselves!

Some say all can be healed, but in these last days some need affliction, to put down the lusts of the flesh!

The ones who have been purified in the furnice of trials , obedience, faithfulness and affliction; these are vessals of honor, faithful and useful for the masters service! Thes are the ones who walk in the Spirit and not after the flesh; that the Lord can depend on !

The lord calls them His prescious Jewels, His beloved!

Agape; Ephraim.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

His true ones are few, and dont go around announcing themselves!

They don"t????

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/19/1969

I have spiritual gifts also and have learned a little bit about them.

I'm getting two scriptures for you:

The first is:

1 Corinthians 12:31 - But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way

Have a strong desire for spiritual gifts.

Secondly:

Philippians 2:13 - For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

God will give you the desire for the particular gift. Pray over it and trust God for what is in your heart. Step out on faith and begin operating in that gift. God wants to use you.

Let the Son Shine In!

• 1 month later...
Guest hubertdorm

It's confusing, I'm not sure if anyone can tell you what your gift is. I don't think talents and spiritual gifts are necessarily the same. Teaching can be a gift and a talent, but the Bible says nothing about physical talent, composing music, acting, etc etc..

I've seen two "tests" designed to help you know your spiritual gift, but the tests are nothing more than that of personality tests and character.

:whistling: I strongly believe that we as believers should not go on our feelings? Feelings will lie to you in a heart beat. For example, At times you may not feel like going to church or not feel like praising God but in the word we should always praise God! But to try to answer you question, Our steps are ordered by God and you should take it one day at a time, sit back and let the holy spirit lead you day by day and if on one day you steer wrong,remeber your steps are ordered and God will get you right back on track! So do not stress yourself God does not want that.Day by day he will lead you to your calling and purpose! It will all come in Gods timing not ours and if you yeld to him. It will be revealed to you! Some people say that what you struggle at is your calling!