IGNORED

From tonight while doing devotional

gdemoss

4 members have voted

1. 1. Are you absolutely sure that your view of the one true God and Jesus Christ who he has sent is correct?

• Yes
    • No

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Eze 14:4 Therefore speak unto them, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Every man of the house of Israel that setteth up his idols in his heart, and putteth the stumblingblock of his iniquity before his face, and cometh to the prophet; I the LORD will answer him that cometh according to the multitude of his idols;

This scripture is absolutely horrifying to me. It is no wonder there are so many different views of scripture and everyone is convinced that they are correct in their position. That God is reaffirming what they believe to be true is truth. Why all of the different views of who Jesus is are backed by so many who dogmatically agree that their version is the real deal. Horrifying. Absolutely horrifying.

This added to the 2 Thes 2 passage that God will send a strong delusion to them that have not received the love of the truth that they might be damned.

The truth: Man is to love God with all his heart, mind, soul and body, while loving his neighbor as himself.

Is this what your life looks like? Or is God answering you according to the idols in your heart?

John warned us to flee from idolatry and so did Paul. When Paul spoke about Israels idolatry he spoke of their works. They ate, drank and rose up to play. He never mentioned the golden calf they were worshiping.

John 17:3 tells us that eternal life is knowing the one true God and Jesus Christ whom he has sent. Idolatry is knowing a false view of these two and having works that worship the false view rather than the true.

May the Lord God Almighty be Gracious and Merciful unto us and remove any idols we may have in our hearts that we know him as he is in truth and that he might answer us in truth as he is and not according to the overabundance of idols.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Should anyone have any particular idol in their lives, the onus is on the person himself to remove it. God isn't going to take it away until we give it up to Him in favour of Him. By His Spirit, He orchestrates people's lives to bring it to the surface and to the attention of the person, and He gently asks him to lay it down, to walk away from it, whether it be a thing, a beahviour, or an erroneous doctrine.

Guest Butero

Your question seems to be whether or not we are sure we know the one true God, and that our believe in Jesus is correct? I noticed that someone answered no. It is only through faith in Jesus that we are saved. We have to believe as Peter did, that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God. We have to believe that he is God, and that when he walked on earth, he was God incarnate. I will stake everything on that. Of course we have room for improvement in our personal walk, but that doesn't mean we don't understand who Jesus is.

Your question seems to be whether or not we are sure we know the one true God, and that our believe in Jesus is correct? I noticed that someone answered no. It is only through faith in Jesus that we are saved. We have to believe as Peter did, that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God. We have to believe that he is God, and that when he walked on earth, he was God incarnate. I will stake everything on that. Of course we have room for improvement in our personal walk, but that doesn't mean we don't understand who Jesus is.

That is precisely my point. Most everyone that I talk to believes they know the one true God and Jesus Christ whom he has sent, yet they don't agree on 'who' they are. Believing and worshiping God contrary to who God is, is idolatry. Because a mans works are rooted in that belief.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

Guest Butero

That is precisely my point. Most everyone that I talk to believes they know the one true God and Jesus Christ whom he has sent, yet they don't agree on 'who' they are. Believing and worshiping God contrary to who God is, is idolatry. Because a mans works are rooted in that belief.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

I completely agree. Thanks for clearing that up. I hope the person that voted no misunderstood your question? :noidea:

In Jesus Name,

Gary

I completely agree. Thanks for clearing that up. I hope the person that voted no misunderstood your question? :noidea:

It could have been an honest response. One year ago I learned that I did not have the true understanding of who God the Father is nor whom Jesus Christ whom he had sent is either. I turned with a vicious vigor unto God and begged that he reveal himself unto me in everything that I might follow him in all his ways. Maybe this person is where I was. Maybe not. God knows ;)

In His Love,

Gary