• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

We are to constantly to examine the spirits

Of course we are! I would venture to say that hardly anyone here knows that more than I do. My own mother was a member of a Christian church. She sat at home one day and look across the room at my father and saw the face of Christ superimposed over my father's face. Later that night she heard an audible voice that said to her

"That was the Christ, you know"

Following that voice led both her and my father down a spiralling path into occultism, New Age and away from the belief that Christ was the Son of God.

The Word of God teaches us exactly how to test the spirits. So what in my post gives you the impression that I have failed to do so?

It is my experience that deceptive spirits do not lead people to worship Jesus as the Son of God.

What do they do, according to your experience in the matter?

to really get the fullness here 'The Word became flesh' one must read and absorb all of John's writings for it is in

summation Christ The Living Word is now written solely so to lead us into all Godliness and personal relationship

with The One It is written about Christ Jesus... Now if God has given us the responsibility to verify His Spirit within

as that which influences us... then your not going to dump it back on Him by disregarding His Word here

God says this

Php 2:12-13

12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my

absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;

NKJV

and this working out is defined here

2 Ti 2:15

15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

NKJV

because by The Scripture we are complete

2 Ti 3:16-17

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

NKJV

My Faith is made objective by His Word and I am able to objectively lead you to the same truth... but if you prefer that outside

of His Word it is your ruin...

None of that has any relevance to what I have written, so I still don't see your point.

The people I worship with do not practice tongues as we cannot verify the s/Spirit? in which they come... and we believe this to

be a must in obedience to His Word...

This obviously has nothing to do with obeying God's word and more to do with defending your theology. If you don't know how to test the spirits then how on earth do you test the spirits in your own church?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

You test the spirit by what the scriptures tell us is of God and what is not of God. Some people go to great lengths to express how right they are and when others show their views from scriptures the other comes back objecting to them showing their convictions.

Deceptive spirits do not lead people to serve the Lord you say, what is a wolf in sheep clothing? Do Mormons teach that God was once a man and that they will one day become a God themselves and they do so under the name the church of latter day saints of Jesus Christ. Look back in church history and tongues was not mentioned as being valid in none of the early writings that are on record. Latin was spoken in services for several hundred years and edified no one who could not understand Latin. You discount scripture by modern technology and say that cannot be refuted by Paul or anyone else, that shows your evidence goes with what you believe, and you discount what others give from scripture as being wrong. Go figure.

The judgement of whether a modern church is carnal or not is up to the person administering that church, not Paul, nor you, or

anyone else.

We keep hearing it said that Paul was not talking about praying in tongues in a service, show where he said it was ok to do so and that will help settle the issue. It's all about defending the scriptures.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,225
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Citizenship,

We believe, my loved ones I am in fellowship with, that the Word of God 'IS' the only resource with which we determine what is of God...

Emotions and feelings are subjective to stimuli as this is revealed why God came in flesh 'all points like as we tempted yet without sin'

He always answered with Scripture, He always lived Scripture, He told us to be followers of Him...

Because all that we have been able to know about tongues within complete certainty is that is not to be practiced publicly without an

interpreter... the interpretation then by examination of Scripture may be verified as from God...

Because what God teaches us about satan wiles that we are to with all strength, mind, will, emotion into His Word for that is how The

Lord defeated satan in His Life here...

Because tongues uninterpreted do not allow for Objectivity to His Word but subjectivity to emotion and feelings and is being done in

a way that is said not to be done we hold back from the practice...

Because The Spirit has joined my heart to people here who practice tongues and that joining is love I am pressed even more to find

through His Word that which I have not been able to verify to this point... I am in communication with some and am endeavoring to

Biblically answer these questions I hold...

You may say I don't see the big deal... but herein is my self speaking as witness: I was born into sin- in a place of sin... the only thing

that has brought change into me 'IS' God's Word, now I live in a different way than I once did; causing me to be as an alien to most

I come into contact with :) When Jesus came here He clearly taught the only two things He was retrieving from this world to be with Him

was souls He has regenerated and His Word all else was marked for either eternal end or separation... because I am simple and small

it is not hard for me to see that if I allow myself to be completely formed from His Word = not only shall I know Him for it is His Word

that has formed me but He shall know me for it 'IS' His Word He has given... Love, Steven

To all who have written and I have sensed the burning in my heart to that writ

and all who have read what is written and burned in their hearts= this is God's

Word being expressed as one day on road long ago

Lk 24:32-33

32 And they said to one another, "Did not our heart burn within us while

He talked with us on the road, and while He opened the Scriptures to us?"

NKJV

this is the unique tie of emotion and feeling as witness to His Word in

communication to one another... by experiencing this we know His Spirit

is within us

Ro 8:15-17

15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received

the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, "Abba, Father." 16 The Spirit Himself

bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then

heirs — heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that

we may also be glorified together.

NKJV

all by Christ coming in flesh, dying, and RESSURECTED...

1 Jn 5:6-7

6 This is He who came by water and blood — Jesus Christ; not only by water,

but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the

Spirit is truth. 7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father,

the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one

NKJV

understanding then The Father, The Word, The Spirit will be in complete

agreement as in constant witness through The Word that was given- whereby our

faith is formed for eternal keeping by God Who has given said Word... Love, Steven

Steven:

If tongues are being practiced in a public arena without interpretation it is disobedience to God's Word!

Read through those chapters again. When we come together (Meeting each other) in church. Things must be done decent and in order.

I speak in tongues all the time, Walmart, work, where ever.

I have yet had someone ask what Language is that, though I have had strangers come to me and say... "OH, I pray in tongues all the time also". At work I have had the unsaved say... "OH you praying in tongues again?" Yep, I am, as most know exactly what it is.

My wife is praying in tongues right now, walking around, and getting ready for work. It's very normal with the people I know.

Jesus Is Lord.

Mike all I have done is lay myself before everyone here naked as nothing hidden... it is my heart

as I am being formed from God's Word. I do the same only with words like songs to Him or Scripture

quoted or thanksgiving for that which is around me... Mike you know we will all give an accounting to

The Lord

Heb 4:13

13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes

of Him to whom we must give account.

NKJV

and the specifics of this accounting is

Mt 12:35-37

35 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out

of the evil treasure brings forth evil things. 36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak,

they will give account of it in the day of judgment. 37 For by your words you will be justified, and by

your words you will be condemned."

NKJV

How do we know anything that 'IS' good except by His Word (Scriptures) that is given...

I can certainly account for my words by His Word thus I am ready to stand in His presence

with them... in the accounting! Love, Steven

You test the spirit by what the scriptures tell us is of God and what is not of God.

Which is exactly what I do:

"This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God"

and

"No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also."

So where have I written anything that disagrees with the above?

Deceptive spirits do not lead people to serve the Lord you say, what is a wolf in sheep clothing? Do Mormons teach that God was once a man and that they will one day become a God themselves and they do so under the name the church of latter day saints of Jesus Christ. Look back in church history and tongues was not mentioned as being valid in none of the early writings that are on record. Latin was spoken in services for several hundred years and edified no one who could not understand Latin. You discount scripture by modern technology and say that cannot be refuted by Paul or anyone else, that shows your evidence goes with what you believe, and you discount what others give from scripture as being wrong. Go figure.

What on earth are you talking about? Are you writing in tongues? Or in latin? Please take the time to make your points understandable and show how they relate to the post you are referring to.

Look, I don't "discount scripture" by any technology so don't twist my words. Every Christian has an obligation to correctly divide the word, which involves taking things in context.

Listen, do the women in your congregation wear veils? Why? Why not?

Steven:

Mike all I have done is lay myself before everyone here naked as nothing hidden... it is my heart

as I am being formed from God's Word. I do the same only with words like songs to Him or Scripture

quoted or thanksgiving for that which is around me... Mike you know we will all give an accounting to

The Lord

We will give an account, let every man be fully persuaded in that which he does, or allows and it is work for the Kingdom and pleasing to God. We work out our own safety, healing, protection, walk with God, (Salvation) before the Lord.

Let not my faith in one thing condemn another, nor their faith overshadow what the lord has revealed to me, and condemn me. All done to his Glory, whatever that is done.

There is so much I don't Know Steven, just when I think I know, I only know a little, and may God gives us Grace, and wisdom concerning all things.

your blessed Brother!!! Your writings since I first seen have shown more and more maturity in the Lord, I hope all of us follow after that example, always learning, always listening, always seeking.

Jesus is Lord.

Thank you for the blessing Mike... As all of us are in the last of days-> which means little time left to gather for Our Lord His Glory due Him...

Soon we who are born of Him shall see His Face - He will be so beautiful to me... The One Who never sinned, the Holy Lamb of God, The Holy One

of Israel, Lord of Lord and King of Kings, Our Friend... I want Him so much to come and get us but help me to be busy while I'm yearning!!! Love, Steven

We believe, my loved ones I am in fellowship with, that the Word of God 'IS' the only resource with which we determine what is of God...

That's nice to know, but I fail to see what that have to do with what I wrote.

Emotions and feelings are subjective to stimuli as this is revealed why God came in flesh 'all points like as we tempted yet without sin'

He always answered with Scripture, He always lived Scripture, He told us to be followers of Him...

That's also nice to know, but I don't remember trying to defend the use of emotions and feelings, so again, what does that have to do with what I wrote?

Because all that we have been able to know about tongues within complete certainty is that is not to be practiced publicly without an

interpreter... the interpretation then by examination of Scripture may be verified as from God...

If that is all you know about tongues then I think you need to study the Word of God a little more.

Because what God teaches us about satan wiles that we are to with all strength, mind, will, emotion into His Word for that is how The

Because tongues uninterpreted do not allow for Objectivity to His Word but subjectivity to emotion and feelings and is being done in

Again with the emotions and feelings...

You show me where satan uses emotions and feelings to deceive people and I will show you where he uses scripture to deceive. He does so

by getting them to add things to scripture that are not there, such as the idea that tongues would be replaced by cannonization. This is not

scriptural. I was never mentioned in scripture. So why do people try so hard to pretend that they have scripture as their one guiding light in life,

all the while they feel they need to add extra-biblical conclusions to scripture?

That's nice to know, but I fail to see what that have to do with what I wrote. maybe it doesn't and that's what wrong with your post....if

your not using God's Word what word are you using?

That's also nice to know, but I don't remember trying to defend the use of emotions and feelings, so again, what does that have to do with what I wrote?

try getting past the first couple of words in a sentence before you reply :)

If that is all you know about tongues then I think you need to study the Word of God a little more. You know this forum is

about reading comprehension and it seems you are having difficulty in this... notice the (within complete certainty) that means this is not a complete

listing of what I know but only of what I am certain about... :thumbsup:

Again with the emotions and feelings... when many words are written again try to get past just recognizing two or three :brightidea:

You show me where satan uses emotions and feelings to deceive people and I will show you where he uses scripture to deceive. He does so

by getting them to add things to scripture that are not there, such as the idea that tongues would be replaced by cannonization. This is not

scriptural. I was never mentioned in scripture.I So why do people try so hard to pretend that they have scripture as their one guiding light in life,

all the while they feel they need to add extra-biblical conclusions to scripture?

I am sorry you feel you are not mentioned in Scripture... Probably because you weren't around then :happyhappy: ... but to address the problem

of the whole I don't think we are able to communicate to one another through obvious and varied reasons.... so please don't strain anything in

trying! To show you in Scripture where the components of sin are

1 Jn 2:16-17

16 For all that is in the world — the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life

— is not of the Father but is of the world. 17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it;

but he who does the will of God abides forever.

NKJV

and if you study carefully these components you will see they are made up entirely of emotion and

feeling and that is why we are to renew our minds with His Word so that with our will we may

deny ourselves in flesh and obey in Spirit for the things of this world are passing away... but His Word

endures forever... I have gotten a little sarcastic with you on purpose ... yet I am able still to say. Love, Steven

maybe it doesn't and that's what wrong with your post....if your not using God's Word what word are you using?

Who said I'm not using God's Word?

try getting past the first couple of words in a sentence before you reply

Neither the first two words nor the rest of the sentence make sense as far as I can see because one again I don't see what they have to do with what I posted.

You know this forum is about reading comprehension and it seems you are having difficulty in this... notice the (within complete certainty) that means this is not a complete listing of what I know but only of what I am certain about...

If that is all you know about tongues with complete certainty then I think you need to study the Word of God a little more

——I am sorry you feel you are not mentioned in Scripture... Probably because you weren't around then ... but to address the problem of the whole I don't think we are able to communicate to one another through obvious and varied reasons.... so please don't strain anything in trying

1 Jn 2:16-17

16 For all that is in the world the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life

is not of the Father but is of the world. 17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it;

but he who does the will of God abides forever.

NKJV

and if you study carefully these components you will see they are made up entirely of emotion and

feeling and that is why we are to renew our minds with His Word so that with our will we may deny ourselves in flesh and obey in Spirit for the things of this world are passing away... but His Word endures forever... I have gotten a little sarcastic with you on purpose ... yet I am able still to say. Love, Steven

I still don't understand what this has to do with what I posted.

And you still haven't answered whether or not the women in your church wear veils.