• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

Why is God silent in this age? There are few (if any) supernatural events that occur today, even though the need for such seems greater than before because of modern scientists and their never-ending quest to discredit God and the supernatural.

I know that we have the Bible, God's Word to us, but sometimes it just doesn't seem like enough.

Job 33:14

For God speaks once, yea twice, yet man perceives it not.

Mark 6: 1-6

Jesus left there and went to his hometown, accompanied by his disciples. 2 When the Sabbath came, he began to teach in the synagogue, and many who heard him were amazed.

“Where did this man get these things?” they asked. “What’s this wisdom that has been given him? What are these remarkable miracles he is performing? 3 Isn’t this the carpenter? Isn’t this Mary’s son and the brother of James, Joseph,[a] Judas and Simon? Aren’t his sisters here with us?” And they took offense at him.

4 Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his own town, among his relatives and in his own home.” 5 He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them. 6 He was amazed at their lack of faith.

Notice a couple things about what is said here in these verses. It says that GOD is speaking but we don't understand. Also When Jesus went to his home town, the first thing he did was try to teach the truth. the wouldn't recieve christ's truth, because they thought they knew him already. By rejecting his truth...his own people mind you.... he could do no mighty works expect heal a few sick folk. So now I ask you, What happened in Jesus home town? You had GOD in the flesh and the healing of a few sick folk. Now, what happens ....in the best of services....., in any church in this country on any given sunday? At most you get the presence of GOD himself and the healing of a few sick folk. What was the reason for this in Jesus home town? lack of faith. but lack of faith in what. In the true doctrine of christ. Before the great miracles was always his truth. Without recieving his truth, not ours, his truth and building that releationship with him can those things happen. Want more proof? Then I direct you to the man of GOD named Smith wigglesworth. Haven't heard of him? look him up. Great testamony and was a powerful witness for christ before he went to be with the Lord, I believe in 1947. I hope this helps you. GOD bless you all

Edited by firestormx

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

As far as I know there are dying every day many children, not only in Mozambique but in all places. Why don't they raise they also these by prayer? Don't they care?

RAise what? Raise from the dead? The dead Children?

Yes, that was what I was asking: Why they don't raise all or almost all dead children? Or even better: Why don't they save the childred even before they die? Since these people are endowed with these remarkable powers I wonder why they don't use them for the benefit of the people, at least for those in Mozambique: For if I look at this data:

https://en.wikipedia..._mortality_rate

the situation of childen in this country can only be called apalling und I really wonder why they don't do the same for all those suffering children and parents. And that is only Mozambique! It takes only a prayer of them to raise people from the dead. Why don't they lower at least Mozambique's infant mortality rate for one year to the level of, say, Saudi Arabia's? Imagine how much relief that would be for the people.

P.S. This has nothing to do with asking for signs. I just ask those people who have divine powers at their command to use them for the benefit of the needy.

Edited by hippias

As far as I know there are dying every day many children, not only in Mozambique but in all places. Why don't they raise they also these by prayer? Don't they care?

God Does Not Answer All Prayers As Prayed Although I Do Know He Cares

And When He Does Answer Yes, It Is Often Through The Prayers Of The Poorest Of The Poor

[...]

And what does it mean to say "God does not answer all prayers"? How many prayers did you utter without having risen a person from the dead? How do claim then the effectivity of the prayer in that particular case? Jesus promised: 21 [...] “Verily I say unto you, if ye have faith and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, ‘Be thou removed and be thou cast into the sea,’ it shall be done. 22 And all things whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.” (Matthew 21:21-2)

So Jesus's promise is different. But I have noticed this before: First it is: We can raise children from the dead, then they concede: it does not work always and in the end you get the impression that the lower the rate of literacy the more wonders are seen.

I would want for my children only the best: When I bring them into a hospital they get the best treatment the doctors can offer and with that and that percentage they can be cured. Are those prayers from Mozambique now better or not?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  141
  • Days Won:  2

Its a good question but God is working with signs and wonders, much more in countries of the world where people are more open to belief, Jesus couldnt do as many miracles where there was no faith.

But where we do see some and the media hears of it it usually attracts the serious unbelievers like bees to a honeypot to create the right atmosphere of denial and unbelief.

Think about it, there are plenty of the medical profession who attribute miracles but which they cant really record or would be unwise to attribut to God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,390
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

It is the Humility of God that requires no other proof than His Word...

remember satan in all he was seen to be was evidently a reflector of God's Glory... so also now we-> do we wish to be

seen as an amazing God filled person doing great signs and wonders for God's Glory or our own? A haunting question that

requires the knowledge of ones own heart... do you have this knowledge? How wonderfully God has installed Himself within us

by His Holy Spirit so that we are secured from from the fear of doubt by the greater bond of Love- wherein we can say I have

complete joy for I know how the end will be! His way, His truth, His life for eternity and all the rest is swallowed up in eternal

separation from that perfect living we have in his Son....

So if we come by the assurance of His Word believing, we need nothing else but His good pleasure... let us make sure we stand

willing to give everything that we have back to Him for whatever we have (all things that are use by our will), if kept by us will remain

separated from Him in this way thru the common sense of reasoning-> if we can use something within ourselves for sin then it is ours

and not God's... We must realize that power is not necessary to be displayed 'to be' as this 'IS' God's lesson to us!

Job 9:11-13

11 If He goes by me, I do not see Him;

If He moves past, I do not perceive Him;

12 If He takes away, who can hinder Him?

Who can say to Him, 'What are You doing?'

13 God will not withdraw His anger,

The allies of the proud lie prostrate beneath Him.

NKJV

A person who has escaped pride is one who realizes that apart from Him

there is no such thing but the choice of nothing from that of everything... Love, Steven

.... And what does it mean to say "God does not answer all prayers"...

Please Do Not Despair Beloved But Rejoice; For God Always Answers

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. John 14:12-14

To Our Eternal Goodness

we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8:38

And His Glory

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 42:8

~

After Reading A Few Posts On This Thread

I Do Wonder If Some Are Just Not Reading The Good News

Sent For The Glory Of LORD Jesus From The Brethren Laboring In Lands Afar

Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep. Romans 12:15

Nevertheless, Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

PS: God Always Wins

And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved? And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible. Mark 10:26-27

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,390
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

RAise what? Raise from the dead? The dead Children?

Yes, that was what I was asking: Why they don't raise all or almost all dead children? Or even better: Why don't they save the childred even before they die? Since these people are endowed with these remarkable powers I wonder why they don't use them for the benefit of the people, at least for those in Mozambique: For if I look at this data:

https://en.wikipedia..._mortality_rate

the situation of childen in this country can only be called apalling und I really wonder why they don't do the same for all those suffering children and parents. And that is only Mozambique! It takes only a prayer of them to raise people from the dead. Why don't they lower at least Mozambique's infant mortality rate for one year to the level of, say, Saudi Arabia's? Imagine how much relief that would be for the people.

P.S. This has nothing to do with asking for signs. I just ask those people who have divine powers at their command to use them for the benefit of the needy.

It is the one I have laid before The Father in The Love The Son has shown forth... The eternities will show in wonderful 3-d plus 'all things work together for good'

so in all the horrors I see His Promise and the resulting questions of my own interpretation must be filtered by that which is based on the promise of His Word and not the frailty

of my own mind and perception now! I believe this is why we are called to die to ourselves for the present.... we just don't have all the information to rightly perceive the

current affairs of life! Though we have the choice and the overwhelming daily use of ourselves (all) must be laid before His Word in a child like state as though we have no use of ourselves at all.... Love, Steven

Its a good question but God is working with signs and wonders, much more in countries of the world where people are more open to belief, Jesus couldnt do as many miracles where there was no faith.

But where we do see some and the media hears of it it usually attracts the serious unbelievers like bees to a honeypot to create the right atmosphere of denial and unbelief.

Think about it, there are plenty of the medical profession who attribute miracles but which they cant really record or would be unwise to attribut to God.

I don't think that God's ability to perform miracles does depend on whether there is much faith or not, if He is almighty. Neither is it plausible that the media should be able to suppress God's power. To me it seems a bit like belittling God's ways and miracles. Here it is again:

21 [...] “Verily I say unto you, if ye have faith and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, ‘Be thou removed and be thou cast into the sea,’ it shall be done. 22 And all things whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.” (Matthew 21:21-2)

Why should anyone consider it unwise to call a miracle a miracle? Unless of course it might not be one? A miracle should derive its strength from its factuality and not from some people's credulity or willingness to close their eyes to some facts.

.... And what does it mean to say "God does not answer all prayers"...

Please Do Not Despair Beloved But Rejoice; For God Always Answers

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. John 14:12-14

To Our Eternal Goodness

we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8:38

And His Glory

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 42:8

~

After Reading A Few Posts On This Thread

I Do Wonder If Some Are Just Not Reading The Good News

Sent For The Glory Of LORD Jesus From The Brethren Laboring In Lands Afar

Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep. Romans 12:15

Nevertheless, Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

PS: God Always Wins

And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved? And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible. Mark 10:26-27

To be honest: I don't understand what you are trying to say: The quotes you gave seem to contradict your statement that God does not answer all prayers. So it rather seems to me that it is your experience that He does not answer all prayers though it is written otherwise, right? Perhaps, when the prayers did seem to fail, they did not shout loud enough or threw themselves in the dirt not

enough as you so vividly described. What I gather from your post is that you derive most of your inner strength and motivation from your belief in God but that the actual work is done by you and the other people in the hospital.

You must understand that claiming to be able to raise people from the dead is a serious one and your reply does not give me much confidence. I would bring my children still in a hospital rather than relying on prayer's from Mozambique. I really admire your work in Mozambique and your help for the people there does deserve all respect and honour. Your self-sacrificial devotion to help humaity is admirable. With or without kids being raised from the dead.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  6

I don't think that God's ability to perform miracles does depend on whether there is much faith or not, if He is almighty.

“Verily I say unto you, if ye have faith and doubt not"

@hippias Your statement contradicts the scripture that youre quoting.

Isaiah 33:14 "The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?"