• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,959
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  233
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Nebs if you have been following a gluten free ( or close to it ) diet for about 6 months then testing would not help you at all as your body would be healing and not show the correct results . In fact it would be worse than useless asi t would stop medics from investigating since the bloods would show as " normal " and coeliacs disease is notoriously hard to diagnose in the first place... you normally only get proper diagnosis when you are in a very advanced stage of the illness

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

ok.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  856
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/22/1997

Long story short, I have reason to suspect I may have gluten intolerance, so I need to eat gluten free for a while to see if I feel better (some people I know with this problem mentioned that this is what their doctor told them to do, so here I go).

I know about health food stores and gluten-free labels and such.

My problem is the "hidden" sources of gluten - the products that you would not consider checking for gluten yet which either have a gluten-containing ingredient not labled as such, or products in danger of being contaminated by gluten in the processing (i.e. oats).

Sigh.

Eliminating gluten seems to be impossible. :(

Help!

Hey, nebula! My mom has gluten intolerance. It's really hard to find good-tasting gluten-free products, so she basically doesn't eat bread products/pasta. Four things that she's never had a problem with, though, are rice, millet, quinoa and quaker's rice cakes. The rice cakes are awesome with butter and pretty much anything spread on them. Rice is my fav. grain out of the three. Not too fussy on the millet, but Mom likes them all.

I tried going gluten free for a few months. It's expensive and difficult to replace bread with rice cakes or gluten-free products, but if you pretty much stop eating refined carbs (i.e. bread, pasta, crackers, cereal), and stick with the basic meat, dairy, eggs, salad, fresh vegetables, and potatoes, there are lots of dishes that you can make without gluten.

No problem - I can't stand alcoholic beverages!

Thanks, KatyAnn!

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Long story short, I have reason to suspect I may have gluten intolerance, so I need to eat gluten free for a while to see if I feel better (some people I know with this problem mentioned that this is what their doctor told them to do, so here I go).

I know about health food stores and gluten-free labels and such.

My problem is the "hidden" sources of gluten - the products that you would not consider checking for gluten yet which either have a gluten-containing ingredient not labled as such, or products in danger of being contaminated by gluten in the processing (i.e. oats).

Sigh.

Eliminating gluten seems to be impossible. :(

Help!

Hey Nebula, sometimes in life we ask ourselves the wrong questions and inevitably come to the wrong conclusions, myself included. Lets try to look at this from a different angle. Ask yourself why am I gluten intolerant and what is the cure for this. God has supplied us with a cure for everything in his creation and desires for us to be healthy and cured and to live a life of victory in christ! http://prenatalcoach.com/healed-gluten-intolerance-part-1/

Patriot2013 is absolutly right, sometimes conditions mimic other conditions. It could be as simple as adding digestive enzymes,betaine and green papaya to your diet to fix things but I am not suggesting these things yet, but it is an example that most conditions are easily fixed. What symptons are you experiencing that have led you to believe you are gluton intolerant. Also there maybe other issues you have hiding behind the ones you can see.