• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Chick-fil-A Flap Flips to Frat Food FightYou know the guy I'm talking about. He spends hours into the night playing ...

By Paul Stanley , Christian Post Reporter

July 25, 2012|12:08 pm

The latest Chic-fil-A controversy is beginning to take on the nature of a frat house food fight, according to some commentators on both sides of the issue, and calls for restraint have begun. Here's what's gone on in just the past few days:

• In a July 2 story published by Biblical Recorder and later reposted by Baptist Press, Chick-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy asserts his support for traditional marriage by saying the company was "guilty as charged" when asked about the opposition his company was facing for supporting traditional marriage.

• Actor Ed Helms and leading gay rights activists express outrage over Cathy's comment and suggest yet another boycott of the company's products.

• Last Friday Jim Henson and his company, saying their company embraces "diversity and Inclusiveness," announced they would no longer partner with Chick-fil-A.

• The National Organization for Marriage, along with former Gov. Mike Huckabee, try to rally pro-family supporters by encouraging them to eat at Chick-fil-A on Wednesday, Aug. 1.

• And finally, elected officials in Boston and Chicago have vowed to block Chick-fil-A from building additional restaurants in their cities.

Read more

Huckabee's Chick-fil-A Facebook Page Disappears for 12 Hours

By Jennifer Riley , Christian Post Reporter

July 25, 2012|5:18 pm

The Chick-fil-A day Facebook invitation page set up by Fox radio and TV host Mike Huckabee disappeared for 12 hours starting late afternoon Tuesday, causing some to fear that Facebook had intentionally deleted the page because of contents related to the gay marriage debate.

<snip>

Nowhere in the July 2 Biblical Recorder article does Cathy directly address gay marriage, but it is implied that since he supports traditional marriage, he must be against gay marriage. But on syndicated radio program "Ken Coleman Show" on June 16, Cathy was more direct, saying, "I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say, 'We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,'" Cathy said. "And I pray God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to try to redefine what marriage is all about."

LGBT activists and supporters have urged people to boycott the chicken sandwich restaurant because of Cathy's "hateful" remarks. In response, Huckabee has rallied his radio listeners to come out in support of Chick-fil-A on Wednesday, August 1.

Read more

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  2

Good for Chik-fil-a, there view is a human right. what a bunch of intolerant bigots these gay actvists are.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

Personally I find the whole subject absurd. The fact that people would try to boycott/support a chicken restaurant based on their president's personal beliefs is silly in my opinion. Unless chick-fil-a starts preventing homosexuals from employment/eating there, I don't see why it matters. Similarly I find it just as absurd that people are suggesting to eat at Chick-fil-A to 'support' their presidents beliefs, but I suppose it's a free country.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

I say let 'em whine. It's about time someone told that pack of deviants the truth anyway. I'm sick of their shoving their filthy lifestyle down the throats of the American people. Yay for Dan Cathy. Romans 1 to the rest. If you can afford it, and you enjoy CFA's product, have a sandwich when you can and give them some encouragement, this is war folks. If ya can't fight on the front lines, pass up ammo.

Personally I find the whole subject absurd. The fact that people would try to boycott/support a chicken restaurant based on their president's personal beliefs is silly in my opinion. Unless chick-fil-a starts preventing homosexuals from employment/eating there, I don't see why it matters. Similarly I find it just as absurd that people are suggesting to eat at Chick-fil-A to 'support' their presidents beliefs, but I suppose it's a free country.

I find it absurd that we the Church have let it GET THIS FAR. We are the salt and light. Why did we not speak out louder when this snake first reared its ugly head? Oh Hamburgers, the foo-foo crowd has its scanties in a wad because Mr. Cathy has dared (horror of horrors) to live what he believes and practice it in his company's ethic. He supports other companies which do the same and which stand for righteousness and not utter filth. There are some who while believing personally that homosexuality and other deviant lifestyles are disgusting and against God's way, don't practice it in their ethic. They instead embrace the lie of tolerance (which is only tolerance for the deviant crowd) and pat them on their little heads and tell them that their practices are equal to those of normal people. WELL THEY'RE NOT!

As long as we as a nation allow this filth and its supporters to run the show, we will continue in decline...and God will continue to judge us as a people.

I find it absurd that we the Church have let it GET THIS FAR. We are the salt and light. Why did we not speak out louder when this snake first reared its ugly head? Oh Hamburgers, the foo-foo crowd has its scanties in a wad because Mr. Cathy has dared (horror of horrors) to live what he believes and practice it in his company's ethic. He supports other companies which do the same and which stand for righteousness and not utter filth. There are some who while believing personally that homosexuality and other deviant lifestyles are disgusting and against God's way, don't practice it in their ethic. They instead embrace the lie of tolerance (which is only tolerance for the deviant crowd) and pat them on their little heads and tell them that their practices are equal to those of normal people. WELL THEY'RE NOT!

As long as we as a nation allow this filth and its supporters to run the show, we will continue in decline...and God will continue to judge us as a people.

It's not illegal to be gay.

It's also not illegal to express your opinions, and to have beliefs assuming you don't hurt other people with those beliefs.

Take the president for example: if he doesn't support gay marriage, that's his right.

It's NOT his right to prevent people from being employed based on their sexual preferences. (although if someone were to be lewd or sexually disruptive in his employ it would be his right to terminate their employment).

So that's why I find this whole thing silly. I haven't looked into it too much, but it sounds like the boycott is based off of the president's opinions on gay marriage. As long as it stays to opinions I don't see what the fuss is about. If that leads to specific hiring/service based on prohibiting homosexuals however, then that's illegal, plain and simple.

Do you have any examples of what the company is 'practicing in its ethic' against homosexuality?

The very fact that Dan Cathy stated: "I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say, 'We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,'" is one way, because he spoke those words as President of his company and not as Dan Cathy, private citizen.

Secondly, the fact that Mr. Cathy uses monies gained from CFA to support ministries which are against the deviant way is practicing his ethic. He's not afraid to take fire.

Homosexuality is not illegal? BULL. God says it's illegal. I could give two shakes about man has to say on the matter.

"It's also not illegal to express your opinions, and to have beliefs assuming you don't hurt other people with those beliefs." Ahhh, but homosexuality DOES hurt others with both their beliefs AND their practices. Their beliefs cause others to reject what is right and support what GOD says is abominable, and that is hurtful in the long-run for the individual, and to any nation that supports such belief through legislation or tacit approval. As for their practices, well, those too are hurtful. I shan't say more on that subject.

• Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

ONE DAY!!!!! Big deal!

My wife and I now drive 120 miles (one way) AT LEAST once a week, so we can eat at Chic-fil-e.

The very fact that Dan Cathy stated: "I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say, 'We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,'" is one way, because he spoke those words as President of his company and not as Dan Cathy, private citizen.

Secondly, the fact that Mr. Cathy uses monies gained from CFA to support ministries which are against the deviant way is practicing his ethic. He's not afraid to take fire.

Right, and my point is that shouldn't matter when it comes to eating at Chik-Fil-A. I remember when Governor Walker was in danger of being recalled, I had some friends who didn't go to a Johnsonville Brat fest, because that company supported Walker. I couldn't care less - I'm sure there are many companies I frequent whose higher-ups have different viewpoints from myself, but I think you need to separate the product from those who own it. I thought it was silly that people boycotted Johnsonville for that reason, just like I think it's silly that this gay rights group is taking a stand against a restaurant for what the owner believes.

However, as I mentioned before if Chik-Fil-A refuses service to homosexuals or something like that, then I'd have a problem.

Homosexuality is not illegal? BULL. God says it's illegal. I could give two shakes about man has to say on the matter.

I hate to break it to you but there are an awful lot of things that God says is "illegal" that happens in the US every day. For example, taking the Lord's name in vein is breaking one of the 10 commandments, but certainly isn't illegal. Would you be as zealous if someone said "God **** it"? Would you shop somewhere else if a CEO of a company swore in this way?

If you are consistent then I salute you.

"It's also not illegal to express your opinions, and to have beliefs assuming you don't hurt other people with those beliefs." Ahhh, but homosexuality DOES hurt others with both their beliefs AND their practices. Their beliefs cause others to reject what is right and support what GOD says is abominable, and that is hurtful in the long-run for the individual, and to any nation that supports such belief through legislation or tacit approval. As for their practices, well, those too are hurtful. I shan't say more on that subject.

Well you could argue the same thing for any sinner, or anyone who isn't a Christian, couldn't you? And yet freedom of religion is an upheld right of this country.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

Freedom of religion used to be an upheld right in this country, but those that oppose God are fighting to stamp out the Christian voice by intimidation & intolerance of the ways of God. Seems there is no outrage at what the unbelievers do or say & they are pandered to by our government while the believer is persecuted when he exercises his right of free speech.

May our God continue to bless the Cathy family & their business as they stand on His principles.