Elisabeth

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  74
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I have not been on this board for quite a while, due to other things going on in my life but I'm glad to be back. I have a question, wanting to know if anyone has experience with this particular topic:

I have been in a number of small groups over the years. They have nearly always been a blessing, and such an important part of my spiritual life. However, it is easy for these groups to lean more towards the social sometimes. There isn't anything wrong with spending social time, but I personally believe that Christians need to take advantage of time spent with other Christians by discussing and learning about their faith, beliefs, struggles, questions, the Bible, God, etc, etc, etc.

Has anyone ever started a small group (home group life group whatever you want to call it), that is more of a "Christian support group?" In other words, you take the premise and model of a support group (discussing a current issue/problem/struggle) and you combine it with your faith life. Someone doesn't lead as much as someone moderates or facilitates.

Has anyone ever run a small group under the true support group model -- instead of studying something specific, everyone discusses and supports each other through current struggles? I'm asking because I would love to start a group like this, I've just never seen or heard of one.

Thank you and God bless you.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

The last group i was in was a few yrs ago when I lived in a different state... It was a Ladies group and we did discuss God, go over the bible and all of that . I haven't been involved in one since and I think what you're wanting to do is a great idea... Im sure there are many that would most certainly benefit from that ..