IGNORED

What are some good bible study small/cell group books/websites?

bartmac123

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  453
  • Topics Per Day:  0.32
  • Content Count:  522
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

I feel led by The Holy Spirit to start and lead a bible study small/cell group ( preferably for men because at this point in time, I am a single male ),
In any case, I'm trying to search the internet for some good biblically focused bible study small/cell group books/websites.  I say biblically focused because I prefer books that would focus on discussing bible passages and verses as opposed to books/websites that revolve around Christian anecdotes.  

In any case, please feel free to suggest some books/websites, and possibly list out their pros and cons.  Thanks.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Correct me if I am mistaken, but it sounds as if you wish to do a group expository Biblical class study. If this is your intent, I would suggest a Bible software program that will not break the bank that I use.

It includes a ton of commentaries by well-known pastors, theologians, and expositors. As well as many useful tools for studying the Bible and preparing to conduct or participate in a class.

https://www.swordsearcher.com/

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, bartmac123 said:

I feel led by The Holy Spirit to start and lead a bible study small/cell group ( preferably for men because at this point in time, I am a single male ),
In any case, I'm trying to search the internet for some good biblically focused bible study small/cell group books/websites.  I say biblically focused because I prefer books that would focus on discussing bible passages and verses as opposed to books/websites that revolve around Christian anecdotes.  

In any case, please feel free to suggest some books/websites, and possibly list out their pros and cons.  Thanks.

Look for a local body of believers that assemble together regularly. You are a part of the body of Christ and a local body of believers that God has called you to be part of. It would bless you, and bless the body you join to fulfill your part.

There are a lot of reasons believers just quit assembling together. Our enemy loves that.  Perhaps you will find a group of believers that you can fulfill your part, and get involved with others that also desire similar goals you have in the study of the word.

God says to trust Him, let Him know your desire, and He will direct your path....

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  453
  • Topics Per Day:  0.32
  • Content Count:  522
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Correct me if I am mistaken, but it sounds as if you wish to do a group expository Biblical class study. If this is your intent, I would suggest a Bible software program that will not break the bank that I use.

It includes a ton of commentaries by well-known pastors, theologians, and expositors. As well as many useful tools for studying the Bible and preparing to conduct or participate in a class.

https://www.swordsearcher.com/

Thanks for suggesting the website .  Also, it's good you sort of distinguished

a) Expository Biblical class study Group

Vs

b) Small/Cell Group meetings

I would Not want the group meetings to be overly scholarly/overly erudite.  As per The Holy Spirit's guidance, a book/website/guide that brings up discussions & topics need to be reasonably easy for the average John Doe congregation member to understand.

However, I would like book/website/guide to bring up a lot of bible scripture /passages.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,431
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

4 minutes ago, bartmac123 said:

I would Not want the group meetings to be overly scholarly/overly erudite.  As per The Holy Spirit's guidance, a book/website/guide that brings up discussions & topics need to be reasonably easy for the average John Doe congregation member to understand.

However, I would like book/website/guide to bring up a lot of bible scripture /passages.

I like that you're looking to not get too "scholarly/overly erudite!"  Too much of that quenches the Spirit I believe.

I think one good online study reference is Blue Letter Bible: https://www.blueletterbible.org/study.cfm  This page has links to online concordances, Thompson's Chain Reference (with over 80 topics), Interlinears, Dictionaries and a lot more.  (There are also commentaries to compare, but personally these days I spend more time in the pure word than I do commentaries)

• Thumbs Up 2