• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

This is the second time God has pointed this out to me. The first time I was telling a group of children a bible story. I'd forgotten so much of the story. Things that should have been said, but I tried to tell the story any way because the children wanted to hear it. That night as I prayed this came into my heart. If your going to tell children about God and his people make sure that you know what your talking about.

Last night I was in my mothers home. My two brothers, my uncle and myself. They were talking about sports when my uncle turned the conversation to God. He made this comment that first surprised me and then made me really look at him. He told my older brother that all you have to do is be a good person and you'll go to heaven. That made me upset because my brother thinks that this is heaven. You make your life what you want it to be then you die.

I looked at him and then my brother who seemed to be eating what he was saying up as if it was a life line. My uncle told him that all you have to do is love your neighbors and others and you'll get into heaven. I told him that that wasn't right. That you have to accept Jesus Christ as your savior to be saved. His response was if you can love others then Jesus is already in your heart which made absolutely no sense to me. I told him that that was like saying you can be saved by works and he said not works love. My brother sat there with a big smile on his face saying yeah....yeah... that's what I think to. I wanted to say to my uncle how dare you tell my brother such lies.... when you yourself have already accepted Jesus Christ into your life? How dare you reassure him that he's saved by just caring for others as if words can get him into heaven? How dare you lead him down a wrong path? How dare you? We were interrupted by the pizza-man, but this will continue. Today I plan on printing out some scripture to show my brother that he has to accept Jesus to get to heaven. This is the second time that God's allowed me to experience how important it is to know scripture before you tell others about Him. This has made me want to learn more about Him so that if another moment like this come up I will be prepared to share the truth.

God Bless You

Jacqueline

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

While perhaps, but we have to remember, the early Christians did not have scripture, bibles or even writings of the Apostles to give or show copies of. All they had was their faith in Jesus as told to them by others.

Telling someone that you have to accept Christ, may not make your popular, but if you don't tell someone the truth, when you have a chance to, but wait, it often is too late,

We have to tell them and tell them.

Of course as a Christain, we should not forget a story, unless we just know so many we confuse them. And we should also know some of the basic verses to lead a person to salvation.

But in the end, we speak up the truth for Chrsit, anytime and any place we have to, when we here a falsehood being taught

• Topic Count:  191
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  629
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

But in the end, we speak up the truth for Chrsit, anytime and any place we have to, when we here a falsehood being taught

That's exactly what I mean. Your suppose to tell the truth not what you think someone whats to hear. Telling anyone that by just loving others they are going to heaven is misguilding and untrue.

God Bless You

Jacqueline

• Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  01/16/1969

..be instant in season,out season....1tim.4:2.Always be prepared to defend the gospel with the truth.I have often times done the same things..thinking I knew something when, in reality,I didn't :blink:

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  965
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  05/28/1979

I consider myself a fairly young Christian- I do not know alot of scripture- well, mainly their "addresses." However, I don't worry about not knowing enough when it comes to witnessing to someone. I know that when the time comes, the Holy Spirit will guide what I say- not to mention, I take my Bible with me everywhere I go. People are not going to look at you funny if you have to look in the concordance to find scripture- especially if the Holy Spirit is moving in their heart.

Besides, we are to follow the Great Commission :blink:

Make it a habit to say a prayer every morning, asking God to give you the opportunity to share your faith and give you the words to say. I assure you, He will. He does EVERY TIME I pray for that. And you know, I usually use my testimony as part of my witnessing- being able to share my faith with others and them see the joy that God gives me!

The Bible says to study to show thyself approved- memorize scripture to help you share the plan of salvation! A good one is the Roman Road plan of salvation- all of the scripture is out of the book of Romans:

Romans 3:23

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Romans 5:8

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 6:23

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in[1] Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 10:9-10

That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Romans 10:13

for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

This is very easy scripture to memorize (or at least the addresses at first :D )- also, if you carry around a New Testament in your pocket (like the small ones you can get from the Gideons), the Word is right there! Highlight the verses- even right down the addresses in the front or back. That way next time an opportunity arises you are armed with the Word. God Bless you sister! Keep planting those seeds!!

Love in Him-

Shannon

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  711

This is the second time God has pointed this out to me.  The first time I was telling a group of children a bible story. I'd forgotten so much of the story.  Things that should have been said, but I tried to tell the story any way because the children wanted to hear it.  That night as I prayed this came into my heart.  If your going to tell children about God and his people make sure that you know what your talking about. 

Last night I was in my mothers home.  My two brothers, my uncle and myself.  They were talking about sports when my uncle turned the conversation to God.  He made this comment that first surprised me and then made me really look at him.  He told my older brother that all you have to do is be a good person and you'll go to heaven.  That made me upset because my brother thinks that this is heaven.  You make your life what you want it to be then you die. 

I looked at him and then my brother who seemed to be eating what he was saying up as if it was a life line.  My uncle told him that all you have to do is love your neighbors and others and you'll get into heaven.  I told him that that wasn't right.  That you have to accept Jesus Christ as your savior to be saved.  His response was if you can love others then Jesus is already in your heart which made absolutely no sense to me.  I told him that that was like saying you can be saved by works and he said not works love.  My brother sat there with a big smile on his face saying yeah....yeah... that's what I think to.  I wanted to say to my uncle how dare you tell my brother such lies.... when you yourself have already accepted Jesus Christ into your life?  How dare you reassure him that he's saved by just caring for others as if words can get him into heaven?  How dare you lead him down a wrong path?  How dare you?  We were interrupted by the pizza-man, but this will continue.  Today I plan on printing out some scripture to show my brother that he has to accept Jesus to get to heaven.  This is the second time that God's allowed me to experience how important it is to know scripture before you tell others about Him.  This has made me want to learn more about Him so that if another moment like this come up I will be prepared to share the truth.

God Bless You

Jacqueline

The problem I see in that conversation is the doctrine of calvinism.

Calvinism is a doctrine that is not true so you don't have to worry about it.

You *can't* be saved while on Earth (before God judges you and declares you are saved), and you don't have to say the "sacramental formula" of "Jesus is my Lord and Savior" because it goes against Mt 7, 21 and it's an unbiblical formula.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  04/11/1972

You *can't* be saved while on Earth (before God judges you and declares you are saved), and you don't have to say the "sacramental formula" of "Jesus is my Lord and Savior" because it goes against Mt 7, 21 and it's an unbiblical formula.

We can't ?

Luke 19:9

Jesus said to him, "Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham.

John 3:36

36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him."

Need I go on ? How about the thief on the cross ?

Luke 23:43

Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."

Salvation is TODAY - not some day in the future.....if you don't know or believe you are saved....you're not because you lack faith in what Jesus said and His promise of eternal life.

I pray you find peace in His assurance,

Bob