IGNORED

desperately need advice

Guest faithfulservant

Guest faithfulservant

I am editing this to add that I am new to this site, and to message boards as well, so please be kind :wub:)

I have been a christian for awhile now...going on 8 years.

I have a friend, she knows I am a born again christian, this is something I do not hide.

My friend and I have been pretty close for several years. She is a good person, good mother. But she has a big problem with church, christianity in general. She has been "burned" by several churches and people in general. I have always taken a loving stance with her, trying to show her the love of God, how he cares for her and her family. She accepts what I have to say, I think because she knows I care for her.

She shocked me last week by telling me she deals in the occult. Really shocked me. No satanic stuff...witchcraft, and similar things. I have never known anyone that believed in those things. It started as a child when her mother invited something nasty into their home, and they sought help from a spiritist to get it out. I believe that now she thinks witchcraft is the only thing that keeps her and her family safe from these things.

I am at a loss. I don't know what to say to her, how to evangelize to her. Not only that, I am scared for my family and for my children. She is not a bad person, I believe jsut misguided.

Have any of you had experiences with this? Anything...anything will be helpful!

Edited by faithfulservant

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hoo-boy!

First, don't panic!

Second, don't be discouraged if it takes a while to reach her.

Yes, she is in a lie. You need to think of it this way rather than getting freaked by the spiritual aspect of things.

"Greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world," remember?

The only thing is she's been trained in operating in the spirit realm probably more than you have. This is where you need to find training - but that could take some time to walk through.

For now, pray and fast for her. Try to avoid the arguments - they get no where. Present the truth as needed, but be on guard against the "I've got to convince her" mentality. You need to release her to the Lord to deal with her in His way in his time. It's His battle, not yours.

Pray and be a witness to her in your lifestyle. Be patient. And learn to listen to the Lord.

Hope this helps!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

She's been 'burned' by churches? Sounds more like she's hunting an excuse to do her own ungodly will............ Prayer for a change in her heart is in order.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  224
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/24/1952

Before you interact with her... each time... pray for her and yourself. Plead the Blood of Jesus over the situation and then commit it to God. TRUST the Presence of God in your life to speak to your friend's spirit in ways YOU cannot.

God can use your words to reach your friend... inasmuch as you care for her, this involves the heart of God. I would have a candid talk with her to let her know what you will not be a party to... in order to conserve mutual respect.

However, if it were me, I would beware of subtle influences that would try to suborn my convictions by way of my affections. Saten is very sneaky and an old hat at using a Christian's 'virtue' against him.

I have confidence that God will guide you in your caution and your altruism. I wouldn't try to disuade her, or challenge the legitimacy of her committments to this mind-set. I would simply present myself as available...in case she requests prayer...and as the purest example of Christ lived in a life as I could manage.

Be absolutely, totally honest... and mention the name of Jesus as often as you can when speaking with her. Watch for reactions to the Holy Name of Jesus.

You're in my prayers...

Blessings!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Hi Faithful,

Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

There is nothing new under the sun.(Ecc. 1:9) The main thing anyone needs to keep in mind is keep your eyes on Jesus. Follow Him. It apprears you care for your friend very much. Keep in mind that her salvation is not dependant upon you but upon the Lord Jesus. Paul said:

1Co 7:16  For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save [thy] husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save [thy] wife?

And this relation was between husband and wife. Trust the Holy Spirit to convict of sin. He may even use you. She needs to repent but to repent she needs to know that she has offended a holy God. Praying helps us see God's hand.

Let me reassure you, you and your family are not in danger if you are standing fast in the armor of God. Fear comes in when things aren't right in our lives.

2Ti 1:7  For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

1Jo 4:18  There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Remember love is the key.

LT

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  230
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

faithful, You need to seek the ministry of deliverance in order to be a good soldier of The Lord Jesus Christ. The occult power can bring a lot of harm to ignorant Christians, deal with the root sin in your life. Clean your house from cursed objects. Learn how to do warfare prayers for protection from the attacks of the powers of darkness, which constantly bombarding Christians, Satan may use this friend. Reject any fear from the beginning. For God has not given to us the spirit of fear, but of power and of love and sound mind against the power of fear and intimidation. Fasting a must. Breaking curses daily. Pray for the mercy of God on this occult friend. Break any evil soul ties with her. Ask Your Father for guidance, Lord will lead you. I will send you some links (if you ask). Use psalms as your prayers. I use them daily: Psalms 35, 83, 109, 140, and many others, as God will lead you. BUT DO NOT FEAR, REJECT ANY FEAR IN THE NAME OF JESUS. God will use this situation to promote you on the different level of Christianity, to bring life into your family, if you will be obedient servant. Looking back in my life, I enjoy my Christianity so much better being involve in deliverance ministry. God is looking for obedient servants in order to show His great power, against our enemies. Your friend she is in chains of darkness, bound by Satan and his demons. Regular prayer for her will not avail much. You learn as much as possible in the warfare and God will use you. Destroy any things if your friend has given to you, in order to remove the point of contact. Ask the Lord for wisdom and understanding every day.

Father, I pray for Faithfulservant, for Your mercy, grace and protection, that You lead her to the place You want her to be. And protect her family. This is the model prayer, I pray every day.

In the name of Jesus Christ, I now rebuke, break and loose myself and my family from any and all evil curses, fetishes, charms, vexes, hexes, spells, every jinx, all psychic powers, sorcery, bewitchments, enchantments, witchcraft, love potions and psychic prayers which have been put upon us, back to ten generations on every sides of the family.

I break and loose myself from any connected or related spirits from any person or persons or from any occult or psychic source. I ask You, Heavenly Father, to return them to the senders now! (Genesis 12:3,28; 27:29; Deuteronomy 30:7; Psalm 109:17-19). Let him that loves cursing receive it unto himself (Psalm 109). Let it bring them salvation.

Pay attention that we do not curse people, we do not want to receive curses they send to us daily, to bring harm to us and our families.

Luke 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Re 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Isa 11:2 And let spirit of the LORD rest upon you , the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

3 And shall make you of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD.(based on Isa 11:2,3)

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

I am editing this to add that I am new to this site, and to message boards as well, so please be kind :wub:)

I have been a christian for awhile now...going on 8 years.

I have a friend, she knows I am a born again christian, this is something I do not hide.

My friend and I have been pretty close for several years. She is a good person, good mother. But she has a big problem with church, christianity in general. She has been "burned" by several churches and people in general. I have always taken a loving stance with her, trying to show her the love of God, how he cares for her and her family. She accepts what I have to say, I think because she knows I care for her.

She shocked me last week by telling me she deals in the occult. Really shocked me. No satanic stuff...witchcraft, and similar things. I have never known anyone that believed in those things. It started as a child when her mother invited something nasty into their home, and they sought help from a spiritist to get it out. I believe that now she thinks witchcraft is the only thing that keeps her and her family safe from these things.

I am at a loss. I don't know what to say to her, how to evangelize to her. Not only that, I am scared for my family and for my children. She is not a bad person, I believe jsut misguided.

Have any of you had experiences with this? Anything...anything will be helpful!

Love on her. She's a sinner caught in sin just like everyone else. Don't forget that before we came to Christ we were all in the same boat she is. The best way to win her to the Lord is to love her and not to condemn her. Witchcraft offers a sense of belonging and acceptance, this is why most people join it. Plus it's interesting and can sometimes give a person a sense of power.

The love of Christ does the same thing and more. Show her love that your Father has shown you.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

Hello Faithfulservant.

I understand what your going through. One of my sisters is the same way. Her last visit with us she begged to to drive her to some den of iniquity where everyone running around had black EVERYTHING on. Praise GOD I did not find one. Her second choice was to hang around a graveyard. To say the least I didnt like either choice so I took her to my little sisters place so they could visit. She wound up staying the night and had a good time. During her visit I gave her a cross to carry hoping something good would come from her having it. I pray that she will come to understand the true power and change her ways.

I can only say that she cannot see the light. Lift up thy head and walk in him. Your joy in his glory will lift your countenance. Let the light shine through. Love is the fire, and they, who look not away from that flame, will loose the ice of their heart.

Guest faithfulservant

Thank you so much for your kind words and advice.

You are all right, I do care for my friend very much. I guess thats why this breaks my heart like it does.

My course of action was to continue to love and care for her like I do. I believe wholly in the new commandment that Jesus gave us all...to love one another.

My concern, I guess, comes from the unknown. I do not know anything about what she is doing...dont care too either. Don't get me wrong now...I am not hiding in the corner, shaking in my boots with ropes of garlic and stuff hanging all over...But I know that God is in control, and that He is bigger than all of this. This is all a part of his master plan.

Thanks a ton for the prayer and spiritual advice. You will probably hear me shouting from Georgia to whereever you are when God completes this work in progress. :huh:)

Edited by faithfulservant

Guest McGreevey

How do you know that your friend is the one being mislead? Have you any proof that your Christianity is more correct than her occult beliefs? What gives you the right to inculcate your blind faith unto another who has previously established their religious beliefs?